PDA

View Full Version : Which Genny ?


Belsten
16-02-2009, 12:43 PM
As the outdoor season is fast approaching, im looking to buy a Genny. I have seen tons of people with the Kipor gennies. I know they do a few different ones, is there a best one to get ?
Only looking to run a laptop and 14 amp power supply, would love it if I could boil a kettle too although I know that kettles use a load of power
Thanks

leon morrell
16-02-2009, 01:26 PM
if i get in mate ill be taking a 3.2kva honda genny its a right monsterlol
your welcome to boil you kettle on mine ...

it powerd about 30 people at most tc nationals last year much better for the enviroment than 30 little gennys burning fuel...

Belsten
16-02-2009, 01:30 PM
nice one cheers mate :thumbsup:

mark christopher
16-02-2009, 01:36 PM
could allways take this off me, club together with some mates, will do loads and a kettle/microwave
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19265&highlight=generator

Belsten
16-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I did look at that thanks Mark. After something a little more compact though

GRIFF55
16-02-2009, 02:09 PM
get one like mine dave, its spot on for doing chargers and laptop etc and we have one of those cheapy camping gas cookers for the kettle you can use!

mark christopher
16-02-2009, 02:12 PM
or buy a caravan kettle, lower wattage!!

Belsten
16-02-2009, 02:14 PM
which one do you have andy ? Didnt know they did caravan kettles, will have to look in to that, cheers Mark

GRIFF55
16-02-2009, 04:13 PM
kipor 1000ti, got it on the bay! Good price, light and compact. best thing i ever bought.
Camping stove about 20 quid, or as has been said a touring van kettle

Belsten
16-02-2009, 04:20 PM
cheers groff

Body Paint
16-02-2009, 04:24 PM
I got the same one as the Griffter, seems to do the job nicely and it's light, small and proper quite. One tank of juice will last 8 to 9 hours if your on your own, so fill the genny and one fuel can and your good for a National weekend. Most impotantly it's 4 stroke so no stupid oil mixing :mad:

GRIFF55
16-02-2009, 04:44 PM
proper quite what harris:p

chalky
16-02-2009, 05:07 PM
google genpower there in wales they have some suitcase genies upto 3kw

Belsten
17-02-2009, 09:29 AM
thanks all :thumbsup: