View Full Version : X6 4-gear: Basic carpet setup needed
General Accident
25-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Running Schumacher yellow minipins / trakpower 4900 lipo. Any advice on the basic starting points ie springs, shock positions, camber would be appreciated.
Oh, I don't have any fancy bits like E-speed hangers by the way.
matdodd
25-02-2009, 11:49 PM
Try as close to this as you can get, it should give you a good starting point.
Mat
jono83
26-02-2009, 10:07 AM
what bits do you use to mount your anti roll bar matt?
Body Paint
26-02-2009, 11:12 AM
Try as close to this as you can get, it should give you a good starting point.
Mat
That's almost exactly the same setup as I run week in week out on carpet.
I find that some added weight makes the car far more planted when running Lipo, try 80 grams in or around the 2 cell slots in front of the Lipo.
If you don't have the E speed hangers, use the outer link hole on the tower and the middle link hole on the hub.
jono83
26-02-2009, 11:17 AM
do you run a anti roll bar aswell craig?
Body Paint
26-02-2009, 11:27 AM
yup, I use the associated B4 one. I have cut a slot into the rear bulkhead in front of the rear tower, just above the lower of the 2 shock mounting screw holes and the bar fits perfectly with all the fittings that come with it.
jono83
26-02-2009, 11:40 AM
do you have a pic of that?
Body Paint
26-02-2009, 12:38 PM
not here, I'll get you one tonight ;)
jono83
26-02-2009, 12:48 PM
cheers :)
matdodd
26-02-2009, 09:00 PM
I use a home made bar with losi mountings!
Like Craig has said adding weight does make the car more stable, I'm starting to think the more the better!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.