PDA

View Full Version : MiD44 09 Spec is born!!


PredaTom
26-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

we're proud to show you few spyshots of the first MiD44 09 prototype.
The MiD44 08 had all weight moved forward about 20mm from the original B44.
The MiD44 09 is now 8mm forward from a B44.
The goal of this new design was to keep the same centre of gravity than the MiD 08 nimh with the use of Lipo batteries.
You can see that we have extra holes for the batteries at the rear, to allow the possibilty to add weight on the rear end.
The rear centre CVA is from a rear wheel, and the front cente CVA is the rear centre of a Bmax4.
I will fit electronics this evening and make lipo trays & straps this WE.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8434/p1010272.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/p1010272.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img13/p1010272.jpg/1/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6587/p1010266.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/p1010266.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img19/p1010266.jpg/1/)

Mike Hudson
26-02-2009, 09:24 AM
looks really good! will be interesting to see what results it brings in with it being spec'd for lipo :drool:

Belsten
26-02-2009, 09:26 AM
does look nice :thumbsup:

Alex H
26-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Will it be avalible thru Azarashi aswell? Looks really nice! This chassis is more flexible than the original one, is it not? I am thinking of the splitt top decks.

Robbiejuk
26-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Looks like there is plenty more space for the electrics on this one than the 08. The old kit definatly made a great difference to my B44 and I would recommend anyone with a B44 to get one :thumbsup:

Belsten
26-02-2009, 01:30 PM
ditto I love mine

Danosborne6661
26-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Looks smart :O

sosidge
26-02-2009, 05:04 PM
the front cente CVA is the rear centre of a Bmax4.

Go on - use ALL the parts from the B-MAX4! Would love to see how a MiDMAX handled.

PredaTom
27-02-2009, 08:11 AM
LOL!! ah ah...

So, yesterday evening I've mounted all the electronics in the car.
It looks nice!! Battery trays and straps are for this WE if I manage to pluck up courage!! (I hate working the C/F!! ;-)

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/2049/p1010288.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/p1010288.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img519/p1010288.jpg/1/)

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4194/p1010289d.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/p1010289d.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img155/p1010289d.jpg/1/)

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5783/p1010291.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/p1010291.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img24/p1010291.jpg/1/)

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/9654/p1010280e.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/p1010280e.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img16/p1010280e.jpg/1/)

Belsten
27-02-2009, 08:36 AM
that still looks very nice :wub

GRIFF55
27-02-2009, 10:06 AM
It certainly does! How much will it be and do you get shock towers etc?

Gayo
27-02-2009, 10:29 AM
We're only making prototypes. If tests are good and if Azarashi decides to put them into production...
You never know, but that won't happen before a few months at least.

GRIFF55
27-02-2009, 10:36 AM
ok, thanks

PredaTom
27-02-2009, 11:16 AM
that won't happen before a few months at least.

Except if Shun falls in love with this one too!! ;-)

First tests of the car at the end of next week!! If it works (no doubts about that!! lol), then I will contact Shun to know about a release.
We will keep you informed.

Thanks all for the great comments. We worked so hard during this winter that it's cool to read such messages. :D

enfieldbanana
27-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Hey there,

Thats looks so sweet. Fanastic work!!!

I will have to get one!!!!

Andy

91notch5.0
05-03-2009, 10:48 PM
i see no need to remove material under the batteries. sweet carbon!!

Tom3012
09-03-2009, 06:16 PM
i see no need to remove material under the batteries. sweet carbon!!

I think the first posts says why they are there ;)

Car looks awesom by the way!! if it gets produced, would there be a specific shell for it??

Gayo
09-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Maybe. Olivier is trying to produce a personalized shell.

Ole K.
09-03-2009, 08:02 PM
Looks sweet! :D

Why have you placed the rear shocks on the other side of the a-arm?

Gayo
10-03-2009, 09:33 AM
This is a personal choice of the car owner : Tom. The team tested both configurations, we found that with shocks on the rear, the car was a little less responsive, more stable, specially on slippery, dusty dirt tracks.
This is not mandatory, only another tuning option :)

PredaTom
10-03-2009, 11:33 AM
Yeah, on medium and high grip tracks, we prefer shocks at the front.
Basically, use shocks at the rear on medium and high grip tracks causes too much understeer out of corners and a big loss of time.

That's the reason why shocks at the rear are most of the time combined with an antiroll bar to make the rear more "pivoting" coming out of corners.
This is better on bumpy tracks too.

Oliv996
10-03-2009, 08:04 PM
What they said :thumbsup:

It's a very useful tuning option and very easy to do by flipping B44 shock tower mount ;)

dpackster1980
13-03-2009, 07:46 PM
How much is it? I love it and I want it.

Ole K.
13-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Ok, thanks guys! :thumbsup:
Will test this when the snow goes away, if it ever will ... :bored:

nsr250_repsol
26-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Hi all,

we're proud to show you few spyshots of the first MiD44 09 prototype.
The MiD44 08 had all weight moved forward about 20mm from the original B44.
The MiD44 09 is now 8mm forward from a B44.
The goal of this new design was to keep the same centre of gravity than the MiD 08 nimh with the use of Lipo batteries.
You can see that we have extra holes for the batteries at the rear, to allow the possibilty to add weight on the rear end.
The rear centre CVA is from a rear wheel, and the front cente CVA is the rear centre of a Bmax4.
I will fit electronics this evening and make lipo trays & straps this WE.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/8434/p1010272.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/p1010272.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img13/p1010272.jpg/1/)

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/6587/p1010266.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/p1010266.jpg/1/w800.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img19/p1010266.jpg/1/)
I like the new design. One thing though...I don't care for the cutouts for weight under the batteries? I would think a solid or milled chassis would be better. A milled chassis with liPo cradles would be the best thing to do. For added weight have drilled and tapped weight that can be screwed in under the rear center CVA. This would make adjusting the amount of weight easier plus you could move the weight forward or back to adjust to different track conditions. This would take the Mid44 (lipo) to a whole new level on offroad.