PDA

View Full Version : XRAY XB2


xfactor
02-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Hi all,

I received my WILLSPEED RF2 XB2 Conversion and New in box XB2 19C last week.

I will be doing a FULL build on this for those who are interested.

I was lucky enough to receive No12, of I believe 40 made today. I also believe there was 10 made for testing... (I may be corrected on this, and will correct if so).

I will use the New in Box xb2 19C to build the WILLSPEED RF2.

The wife said I can start the build after Ive finished the Bathroom...:) So hopefully next weekend will see the start of RF2 No12 build.....

Oh and I do wear the trousers............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

leeboy44
02-06-2019, 09:21 PM
They are a great build

So well made

I had chassis #8 built

Cant upload photos off my phone on here but here is the link to my page

So chuffed with it

First meeting a week today
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=428885251002964&id=163536214204537

xfactor
03-06-2019, 09:08 PM
So managed to take a couple of pictures of the boxes and the first opening inside to see what you get.....

Very Very impressed with the contents of the WILLSPEED RF2 Conversion. As well as the RF2 you get included,

Bearings
Screws
XRAY Idler Gears (graphite) x2
Chrome Stickers....:D

Inside the Boxes............:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES........

xfactor
03-06-2019, 09:11 PM
They are a great build

So well made

I had chassis #8 built

Cant upload photos off my phone on here but here is the link to my page

So chuffed with it

First meeting a week today
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=428885251002964&id=163536214204537

Looks awesome Leeboy44............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

daz75
03-06-2019, 09:57 PM
Looks like a Vega elite.
What benefits is something like that suppose to give?

HarlowS
05-06-2019, 11:21 AM
Lightens the wallet so you can move faster between races :)

Looks like a Vega elite.
What benefits is something like that suppose to give?

jdcfiesta2009
06-06-2019, 06:53 PM
Such a great piece of kit, very stable to drive and FAST. I was one of the lucky ones to have a prototype kit. The first meeting I used it at was last December I finished 21 places higher than my previous meeting with my b6. I’m an f4 so I’m not the greatest driver but I could feel the difference straight away

xfactor
06-06-2019, 08:55 PM
The RF2 Conversion kit out the box.

Its a work of art and very impressed with the finish. Ive had all the Vegas, and this is the same level of quality and finish......:drool:

Everything in the pictures is included in the box.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES......

Nanook129
07-06-2019, 03:34 PM
you will love it. i have number #38

xfactor
10-06-2019, 08:21 PM
Thank you for your comments. Looking forward to starting the build. Ive managed to remove the gearbox and open it up. Looking at the finish is absolutely stunning.

I have taken pictures of the chassis with the gearbox removed and the gearbox open, ready to start the build. I will follow the build via the XRAY XB2 19C Manual, this starts with the gearbox. I hope to start Wednesday/Thursday......:)

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.....

Danosborne6661
10-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Looks very smart... and looks expensive lol

OldTimer
14-06-2019, 04:20 PM
Is the bathroom finished yet ;)

xfactor
14-06-2019, 06:58 PM
Is the bathroom finished yet ;)

Almost, Just the towel rail to fit.... BUT !!! Ive just started the build....:thumbsup:

xfactor
14-06-2019, 07:01 PM
Ok all,

Ive started the build and first up is the Gear diff. Ive just built it up and have a question.

Should there be a gap between the inside of the outdrive and gear case. If anyone has built one was there a gap on one side.

Cheers all.

xfactor
14-06-2019, 08:53 PM
So the gear diff is built. I'm not sure if the diff outdrives are correct. As you can see from the pictures, one in longer than the other. Also the gap can be seen in the picture.

Can anyone let me know if this is correct, before I contact RCdisco Monday to check.

Cheers All.....

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.

charlesk
14-06-2019, 10:00 PM
So the gear diff is built. I'm not sure if the diff outdrives are correct. As you can see from the pictures, one in longer than the other. Also the gap can be seen in the picture.

Can anyone let me know if this is correct, before I contact RCdisco Monday to check.

Cheers All.....

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.

They should be the same
...

leeboy44
15-06-2019, 08:57 AM
Yeah something up with them outdrives mate

Shouldn't be a gap like that between outdrive and diff case

xfactor
15-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Thank you for your replies.

If you look at the 3rd picture it show the difference in length with the contents set out.

I will make contact and hopefully they will sort the outdrive out.

Again thank you lads.......:thumbsup:

rc_penguin
15-06-2019, 12:57 PM
Looks like you've got one correct outdrive and one from an XB4! (The long one) RcDisco are very helpful, if you give them a call I'm sure they'll sort it right away :)

xfactor
15-06-2019, 07:12 PM
Looks like you've got one correct outdrive and one from an XB4! (The long one) RcDisco are very helpful, if you give them a call I'm sure they'll sort it right away :)

Cheers Will,

I will call RCdisco Monday........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Aire valley
15-06-2019, 10:31 PM
What..!! 🤔.....what's this Xray lark about Mark..? 😜.....feeling like a change from Associated...?..😂
Does look an amazing bit of kit though..!

xfactor
16-06-2019, 11:55 AM
What..!! ��.....what's this Xray lark about Mark..? ��.....feeling like a change from Associated...?..��
Does look an amazing bit of kit though..!

I fell over and had a massive BANG !!! to the Head Aire.....:lol::lol::lol:

Was a very good BANG !!! to the head, as this is stunning matey....:thumbsup:

xfactor
16-06-2019, 12:01 PM
So with the outdrives needing to be sorted, I have started to in install the parts to the gearbox.

You can see the tracks on the idler gears, very neat idea by XRAY. I moved the idlers around and went for the track starting against the layshaft, this made it easier to drop the 3 idlers in, starting from the middle idler to the 2 outside idlers....:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES....

Aire valley
16-06-2019, 07:29 PM
I fell over and had a massive BANG !!! to the Head Aire.....:lol::lol::lol:

Was a very good BANG !!! to the head, as this is stunning matey....:thumbsup:

:lol::lol::thumbsup:

xfactor
16-06-2019, 09:21 PM
So had a little time today to advance the build of the RF2.

Rear end on to chassis.XB2 19C parts fitted to perfection.....:thumbsup:

I have gone with 1 dot down on the FR and kit position dot centre RR as a starting point.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES....

xfactor
17-06-2019, 06:37 PM
Moving on to the front of the RF2. You can see the front kick up fitted along with the steering bellcranks. Must say the quality is outstanding on both sides. WILLSPEED and XRAY....:thumbsup:

I will be using the Optional XRAY XB2 Alloy front ballstud mount. (Fathers Day Present from the Daughter).:D

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES...

xfactor
18-06-2019, 06:33 PM
With the bellcranks fitted, its next on to the front wishbones, pivot block and the optional alloy front ballstud mount.....:thumbsup:

Now its starting to look like the WILLSPEED RF2...:)

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES...

xfactor
21-06-2019, 06:25 PM
After contacting RCdisco on Monday. A brand New set of XB2 19c outdrives turned up yesterday....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Must say as many are quick enough to complain, but not quick enough to complement (in general).....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great communication, Great help and Great speed on getting replacement parts to my door.

Thank you RCdisco......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Also a Thank you to WILLSPEED for helping......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

xfactor
21-06-2019, 06:45 PM
On to the steering arms and turnbuckles. The turnbuckles went together great. The ends needed very little effort to thread on, but were a tight snap on for added security. Perfect.....:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.....

xfactor
21-06-2019, 07:04 PM
The front bulkhead went on perfectly. Quality is fantastic and the Carbon Fibre front Tower just finishes it off. WILLSPEED has done a fantastic job of this conversion. I would take my HAT OFF to you if I wore it......:thumbsup::thumbsup: Don't tell the WIFE I don't wear my HAT in the SUN........:lol::lol:

xfactor
21-06-2019, 07:21 PM
Looking better now. Gear diff with replacement outdrives... :D VERY HAPPY :D

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES...

Aire valley
21-06-2019, 07:42 PM
Looking good Mark...👍

xfactor
22-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Looking good Mark...��

Thank you Alan.......:thumbsup:

xfactor
22-06-2019, 09:10 PM
With the diff now sorted, its time for this magical 5 Gear, Gearbox work of art.

5 Gear, Gearbox built with the 3 slipper pad slipper and fitted to the chassis. It went on perfectly. Looks absolutely stunning.....:)

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES...

MikePimlott
23-06-2019, 02:33 AM
This is stunning, credit to the machinist.

Keep the build photo's coming :thumbsup:

xfactor
23-06-2019, 02:52 PM
This is stunning, credit to the machinist.

Keep the build photo's coming :thumbsup:

Thank you Mike.....:thumbsup:

More build photos coming.....:thumbsup:

xfactor
23-06-2019, 02:57 PM
Well, I never thought I would be looking at a rear shock tower in the way I've looked at this one.

Again, absolutely stunning and fitted to perfection......:thumbsup:

Pictures show the new parts from the XB2 19C Kit and the tower fitted to the Gearbox.....

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.....

Aire valley
23-06-2019, 06:47 PM
There seems an awful lot of moving parts in that gearbox.🤔...overall effect now though is superb...👏

daz75
23-06-2019, 07:31 PM
Be a shame to put a shell on it

xfactor
24-06-2019, 06:11 PM
Be a shame to put a shell on it

And electrics in it Dazza...:)

xfactor
24-06-2019, 06:21 PM
On to the driveshaft's and hubs. You get all the inserts in the kit to play around with. Ive gone for kit set up for now. I also went for the kit hole in the driveshaft length, as you can adjust the driveshaft's in length...

Before you ask, yes I broke out the M&Ms (peanut) and yes I ate the whole family bag. I paid for it the morning after.:woot: **Other chocolates are available** :thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES..

daz75
24-06-2019, 07:08 PM
And electrics in it Dazza...:)

:D very true

xfactor
24-06-2019, 07:35 PM
With the back end complete, just the turnbuckles to make up and install.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES..

xfactor
25-06-2019, 04:50 PM
WILLSPEED RF2. Awaiting shocks....:)

xfactor
26-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Next up, the shocks. Must say these shocks are ULTRA SMOOTH !!. Back in the day I had a set or two of TRAXXAS TRX1 shocks, and by far, still today, these for me are the best shocks ever made. Until these, these are on the same level !!!

WILLSPEED RF2 with shocks fitted... Now its looking even better....:)

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES...

daz75
26-06-2019, 11:01 PM
So is everything other than the gearbox and chassis x-ray?

xfactor
27-06-2019, 10:04 AM
So is everything other than the gearbox and chassis x-ray?

Hi Dazza,

WILLSPEED RF2 CONVERSION,

Chassis
Gearbox
Motor Mount
Battery holders
Rear Shock tower
x2 XRAY Graphite Idler Gears
Bearings for the extra Idler Gears
All screws for the conversion
Body
WILLSPEED sticker set

The rest is XRAY XB2 19C Edition

So WILLSPEED RF2 + XRAY XB2 19C = Beautiful Godness of RC Buggies.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aire valley
27-06-2019, 07:34 PM
I just love M & M's.....😂

xfactor
27-06-2019, 08:30 PM
So BIG job next. The Wing....:)

Ive cracked out the BLING, because it needs it...:D

MuchMore Alloy Black and Polished wing washers. Wing fitted (Phew Done) ready for the Stickers....:thumbsup:

xfactor
27-06-2019, 08:31 PM
I just love M & M's.....��

And me.... :lol::lol::lol:

xfactor
27-06-2019, 08:46 PM
So looking at the WILLSPEED RF2, I wanted Black battery holders.

I removed them and checked out the plastic. So the question was, would they or wouldn't they dye BLACK.

So the Mrs went out with the daughter and I could see my chance to go for it without being grassed up for using Mums best stainless steel pan for the peas.....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

So I did, GO FOR IT !!!.

Dye straight in to the pan, brought to the boil, then turned down to a very nice simmer...... Then WHAM !!! in went the RF2 Battery holders. 10 mins went by, quick check.... NOTHING still clear.... So back in the pan. Quick check in the window, Mrs not back, HAPPY DAYS... 30 mins now... Quick check.... Mmm I think they are starting turn... Back to the window :D Mrs not back still.... HAPPY DAYS.... 45 mins and YES !!! THEY have gone BLACK.....

So in to the soapy water (COLD) washed, dried and then checking them over.... All of a sudden, I hear a car pull up. OH NO..... Its the Mrs..:woot::woot:

Dye straight down the sink, Pan in to Bowl, washing the pan very casually:cool: The Mrs says, what you washing.. Mmm just washing the pan Dear Ive just had porridge.......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

IT WORKED !!!!!!!!!!!!! and well worth the RISK......:drool:

MHeadling
28-06-2019, 09:22 AM
Haha good story, I did the same with my MP9, it went in the dish washer in bits whilst the mrs was out, again I cut it fine but got away with it just.....

xfactor
28-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Haha good story, I did the same with my MP9, it went in the dish washer in bits whilst the mrs was out, again I cut it fine but got away with it just.....

Awesome Marko,

This is what makes building RC Buggies that little bit special....:lol::lol::lol::thumbsup::thumbsup:

xfactor
28-06-2019, 06:14 PM
The WILLSPEED RF2 Body shell and Stickers. I actually love what WILLSPEED have done with this Body Shell. Both come with the conversion kit. I hope to get it painted Sunday if I get time and will post pictures once complete......:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURE.....

xfactor
28-06-2019, 06:25 PM
I couldn't resist stickering up the wing in the Chrome WILLSPEED Stickers.:)

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES....

xfactor
01-07-2019, 07:27 PM
I didn't get chance to paint the RF2 Body Shell the weekend, so hope to this week.

I have installed the Electrics. Electrics Ive gone for are,

MuchMore FLETA PRO V2 esc.
MuchMore FLETA ZX V2 8.5.
SRT BH9022 Servo
REEDY ZAPPERS shorty.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES.....

Aire valley
02-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Good choice Mark, looks great, all silver and black...👍

xfactor
03-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Good choice Mark, looks great, all silver and black...��

Agree, sure does Alan..................:thumbsup::thumbsup:

xfactor
03-07-2019, 08:35 PM
Just to update you all.

Ive made a start on the body shell. Marking and Masking up. I hope to have it finished for the weekend. Once finished, its just wheels and tyres and the WILLSPEED RF2 will be complete and ready to give a run......:thumbsup:

xfactor
05-07-2019, 06:38 PM
Managed to finish the RF2 Body today. Stickered up. I will fit the Velcro tomorrow and mount.

Pictures are not great, so hope to get better tomorrow once mounted....

Totally different paint scheme and colours to my usual.....

Once mounted I will take final pictures of the WILLSPEED RF2....:thumbsup:

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES....

Aire valley
05-07-2019, 09:33 PM
That is different......but I like it..!...👏
How come one person has so many skills, or do you have a secret painter..?.😂

xfactor
06-07-2019, 04:29 PM
That is different......but I like it..!...��
How come one person has so many skills, or do you have a secret painter..?.��

:thumbsup: Thank you Alan. No 100% all me.....:)

xfactor
08-07-2019, 07:29 PM
So the WILLSPEED RF2 is complete....

All I can say is, What a stunning buggy this is. Quality and build is another level.... A real credit to the guys/girls at WILLSPEED for the workmanship/design into this buggy. WELL DONE WILLSPEED....:thumbsup:

So final pictures of the WILLSPEED RF2 No 12.

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES..........:thumbsup::thumbsup:

daz75
08-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Tis one nice looking car. When are you going to race it?

xfactor
08-07-2019, 08:45 PM
I'm hoping to give it a run out this Thursday if I can make it due to work. If not hopefully this Saturday at Coventry track if the tracks open...:thumbsup:

daz75
08-07-2019, 10:16 PM
I'm hoping to give it a run out this Thursday if I can make it due to work. If not hopefully this Saturday at Coventry track if the tracks open...:thumbsup:

Cool. What 2wd you using at the mo to compare it to?

xfactor
12-07-2019, 07:11 PM
Hi Daz,

I wont be testing it against anything. I'm going to Coventry Track tomorrow to give it run.

Hopefully the track has been hoovered by the Coventry Clubs Committee and its dry.....:D :thumbsup:

xfactor
13-07-2019, 08:46 PM
Well on arrival to the track this morning, I was met by 3 committee members sweeping and hoovering the track....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well all I can say is this creation is stunning to look at and as good on the track.

Corner speed is incredible and how it handles the bumps and camber changes in the track. Its very easy to drive. I was shocked at how much traction it had, really really impressed with the RF2......:)

Well done WILLSPEED...............

daz75
14-07-2019, 12:23 AM
I want to see this hovering track sounds like something out of back to the future :D

xfactor
17-07-2019, 04:14 PM
I want to see this hovering track sounds like something out of back to the future :D

Its a very clean track, with no dust.....:D

andys
18-07-2019, 06:38 AM
Are the conversion kits still available to buy - or has the entire batch long gone?

xfactor
18-07-2019, 03:50 PM
Are the conversion kits still available to buy - or has the entire batch long gone?

Hi Andy,

I know the first batch of 40 sold. I think it was on a pre-order basis.

If you contact WILLSPEED on facebook I'm sure he will sort one for you:) I'm not on Facebook so cant help on that side matey sorry.:(

rc_penguin
18-07-2019, 06:55 PM
Are the conversion kits still available to buy - or has the entire batch long gone?

Hi Andy,

I know the first batch of 40 sold. I think it was on a pre-order basis.

If you contact WILLSPEED on facebook I'm sure he will sort one for you:) I'm not on Facebook so cant help on that side matey sorry.:(

We will be holding some in stock, these are still a few weeks away however. I have got one kit from the first batch that was allocated but this has now become available.

Lot's more in the pipeline to come also!

As Mark has mentioned above please contact us via the facebook page or contact me on my via email ([email protected]) and we'll be able to help from there :)

Chriso
18-07-2019, 09:02 PM
I own #10 and i love it, went together perfect apart from a gearbox issue which turned out to be builder error 😏🙂

Can’t bring myself to put electrics in it though 😁

Top job by the Willspeed team and a special thanks to wills dad for painting my shell!

xfactor
26-07-2019, 11:26 AM
==================

daz75
26-07-2019, 03:55 PM
Well,

This morning there was a knock at the door. Postman holding a box. Mmmm, Ive not ordered anything. I signed and was given the box.

:drool: Too my surprise, It was some WILLSPEED GOODIES for me sent from WILLSPEED as a THANK YOU for doing the build.:drool:

I have never received anything like this before, so a ! BIG THANK YOU ! to you WILLSPEED and keep up this STUNNING WORK and creations.....:thumbsup:

What I received.......:thumbsup:

Just in time for it to go on eBay :p:lol:

Callum
27-07-2019, 05:44 PM
Looking forward to getting mine now :wub

xfactor
27-07-2019, 06:10 PM
You will Love It Callum. Great build and Quality and feel good on the track.

I'm doing some little changes to mine. I will post pictures on Monday hopefully...:thumbsup:

Callum
27-07-2019, 08:43 PM
I’m sure I will! I haven’t raced for about three years so what better way to start again than with some bling:drool:

Also just like to say how helpful Will has been top customer service from him!

One question where have you all been buying these different colour washers from?

Cheers Cal

xfactor
27-07-2019, 09:04 PM
I get my washers from MBmodels. Good selection and colours....:thumbsup:

Callum
27-07-2019, 09:07 PM
Any other bits I should be looking to buy any weights, alloy hubs, shock tower bell cranks etc?

xfactor
27-07-2019, 09:29 PM
All I would say Callum is, Build it as per the XB2 instructions. Then give it a run. I have made minor changes to it and will hope to give it another run. I will then put up my set up. I hope to go to Coventry club this coming Thursday evening to give it a run, on there Astro track.

Callum
27-07-2019, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the tip mate! I’m from deepest darkest Cornwall and probably won’t be getting chance to run mine until Carpet kings in Torbay or Silverstone In October any setup tips for EOS carpet would be great as I’ve never raced on that before!

Cheers Callum

xfactor
27-07-2019, 10:23 PM
For carpet I would contact Will. The testing of the RF2 before release was indoor on carpet. The first run for the RF2 outdoors was I believe the first National where it run extremely well......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Callum
28-07-2019, 08:53 AM
I’ll drop a message! I may do some outdoor running in the next month or so if possible but that’s on a mixture of grass and astro so may be a bit of learning curve if no one has ran the RF2 on grass yet.:lol:

xfactor
28-07-2019, 10:50 AM
Good question about the grass, but to be honest the traction it has I cant see it being a real problem on the grass section Callum.... The only part I would change would remove the gear diff and fit a Ball Diff, drop from 3 dot rear to 2 dot rear, You also have the inserts to play with at the rear as a start...:thumbsup:

Callum
28-07-2019, 12:18 PM
I’m sure it shouldn’t be a problem! What series do you race at during Winter?

Cal

xfactor
28-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Normally not many, but if I do I go Coventry MAM (Midland Astro Turf Masters). Depends on weather though...

Callum
28-07-2019, 04:43 PM
I’m hoping to do the silverstone series this year would be good to see a few of us up there!

xfactor
29-07-2019, 02:13 PM
I just thought I would share this little mod with you for the LIPO.

I have decided to try the LCG LIPO. I have changed the battery holders to allow for this. Will I see a difference from a standard LIPO height who knows, but thought I would try it.

So I removed the WILLSPEED battery holders and fitted the below, It may help people if you want to do the same....:)

1. Tuning Haus silver spacer 10mm high x2
2. XRAY Cone washers Black 2mm x2
3. EXOTEK Carbon Fibre Battery Tabs x1 pr
4. BALLS OUT 2mm Black spacers x2
5. M3 x 12mm Grub Screws x2
6. HUDY 35g LIPO Weight.

With this all installed ready to race with the SUNPADOW LCG LIPO fitted the RF2 Weighs in at 1541g. This allows for a Lower Centre of Gravity, but keeping the same weight, which what this buggy is all about....:)

All you need to do is twist the EXOTEK Battery Tabs and remove the LIPO, no need to un-screw anything.

If I want to remove the HUDY 35g Weight, I can just remove the top 2mm washer from the post and re-screw the Tab back in....

As for fitting the post to the chassis, I fitted the M3 x 12mm grub screw with a tiny amount of blue threadlock. The important part, I then placed the XRAY Cone washer (cone facing down) this was a perfect fit to allow a flat base to fit the Tuning Haus 10mm spacer.... then just a washer on top of the 10mm spacer to suit your LIPO being used. Mine was 2mm...

I also fitted up front the RDRP Alloy servo mounts and Carbon Fibre brace....

CLICK TO ENLARGE PICTURES......

Callum
29-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Looks Great! I’ve already got the servo brace in my basket :lol: I think I’ll be adding the other parts as well now 👍🏻

xfactor
29-07-2019, 07:33 PM
Go for It Callum !!!. Just keep adding BLING to basket...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Callum
29-07-2019, 08:26 PM
It’s been done:wub Willspeed RF2 being delivered tomorrow 🤤

xfactor
29-07-2019, 09:00 PM
Nice one Callum. Do you know the No of the RF2.

Aire valley
29-07-2019, 09:31 PM
Interesting mod Mark, but not sure I'd trust my Lipos to be held in by those two little tabs...!

xfactor
29-07-2019, 09:37 PM
They are tight Alan. Ive also put foam on the inside walls either side. Its solid matey. If its dry this Thursday and the meetings on we will find out..

They wont move Alan......:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Callum
29-07-2019, 09:54 PM
I have kit number 16 I believe! Have a new XB2 19 on the way too to complete the conversion also. Hopefully start the build Saturday afternoon with a beer or two very excited I’m like a kid at Christmas 😂

xfactor
29-07-2019, 09:58 PM
Awesome, I broke out the family bag of Peanut M&Ms. But I did pay for it !!

You will love the build Callum. If your un-sure of anything Pm me or ask here matey.....:)

Callum
29-07-2019, 10:07 PM
Will do mate thanks for that! Do you know if the kit includes window masks? My painting skills aren’t the best 😬🤞

xfactor
29-07-2019, 10:15 PM
They come in the XB2 19c Kit. I used them and was a perfect fit.....:thumbsup:

Callum
29-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Just what I wanted to hear!

xfactor
30-07-2019, 10:43 AM
I trimmed about 5mm off the top and down the front side (bit that goes down the front side window) if you understand that....:lol:

Keep the bottom as the original cut, and you will find them perfect...

Callum
30-07-2019, 03:01 PM
Well I’ve just taken delivery of the RF2 and wow :drool:

Callum
01-08-2019, 10:16 AM
XB2 Arrived today courtesy of John @ Rc Octane Top service!

Let the build begin this evening 😀

xfactor
01-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Is it built yet.......:D

Callum
01-08-2019, 10:39 PM
Straight home from work then in to the Garage only got an hour or so on it :thumbdown:

xfactor
06-08-2019, 02:22 PM
Hi all,

Thought I would share this, as it may help some of you that don't know, like myself. Some of you may already know.

Having used Rate in springs, I wanted to know what the Dot/Dots compared to against the Rate, so I have an idea when changing XRAY Dot springs.

After searching I found the comparison of the Dot to Rate.

Front.

1 Dot - 3.3
2 Dot - 3.7
3 Dot - 4.1
4 Dot - 4.5

Rear.

1 Dot - 2.0
2 Dot - 2.2
3 Dot - 2.5
4 Dot - 2.8

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pedros20
10-09-2019, 02:51 PM
Hi all, I’m in the process of getting the RF2 conversion soon as Willspeed get them back in stock, & wondered if anyone has a basic setup for EOS carpet?
I know the car is relatively new & it’s been outdoor season but thought it maybe worth a try.

Thanks in advance

xfactor
11-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Hi Pedros20.

As for the set up for EOS Carpet. I would contact Will at WILLSPEED. Before the release the RF2 was ran/tested on carpet and Will is awesome at getting back to you with any info for the RF2 ....([email protected]) ......:thumbsup:

Pedros20
12-09-2019, 07:37 AM
Yeh ok will do that, his communication has been great so far.
Just wanted to get the shocks. Diff oils, suspension holders all build up ready for my kit coming, 👍🏻😎