View Full Version : B4 - What Spares should I Carry?
Rooney
04-03-2009, 04:18 PM
Just getting into buggy racing. Would like to try racing at venues other that my local club but I am concerned about breaking the car and having a wasted day.
So, with this in mind, which parts most frequently break on the B4 so I try and avoid this scenario?
Mike Hudson
04-03-2009, 04:24 PM
front & rear wishbones,
front bulkhead
front c hubs
front steering hubs
front & rear shock towers
shock caps
wing mounts
Ball cups
I think thats about all the parts you will ever likely break, everything else is very unlikely to break, most clubs usualy have trackside shops and the B4 is the most popular 2wd car out there so spares are almost always available trackside or from other racers if you ask nicely if you havnt got the spares at the time :)
Medders
04-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Can depend on the track, but front wishbones, front bulk head (if plastic) rear wishbones and front and rear towers are most common. The b4 is generally a sturdy car so you find you'll break little. I snapped a chassis once, but that was my own stupid fault :lol:. Oh, and some ball joints are worth carrying as these can sometimes snap with a decent impact.
Rooney
04-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.
Chrislong
05-03-2009, 10:15 AM
The cost of the spares are very reasonable if you go for plastic which I always will, id always carry 1 of a few things (as listed above at minimum) just incase.
GRIFF55
05-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Shock shafts and shock ends also.
Everything else the same as above:thumbsup:
Southwell
05-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Rear squat plate thing.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.