View Full Version : Many vintage Kyosho peeps on here?
bertberr
17-07-2020, 07:50 AM
Just asking as I've recently bought a well used Optima Mid to restore / refurb, and a). I haven't restored a vintage RC before... and b). I've never owned a Kyosho before... so may have a few questions as I go!
Or there is another vintage/kyosho forum I should be looking at?
Thanks
Naushad
17-07-2020, 01:58 PM
Fire away.
You could also look at the optima mid FB forum.
bertberr
17-07-2020, 04:26 PM
Thanks! I'll be starting the tear down soon, so will certainly have some questions, and based on the fact that both axles seem to turn the same way when turning either L or R wheel, I'm guessing one of the first will revolve around ball diffs!!!
catman79
17-07-2020, 05:34 PM
Thanks! I'll be starting the tear down soon, so will certainly have some questions, and based on the fact that both axles seem to turn the same way when turning either L or R wheel, I'm guessing one of the first will revolve around ball diffs!!!
Do you have a motor with pinion fitted?
If not the wheels will spin the same way
bertberr
18-07-2020, 07:22 AM
I didn't, but i was trying to stop the spur from moving with my index finger as I swung the car up whilst holding the rear wheels. May not have been successful mind, so will put a motor and pinion in as you suggest and jam them with some card, to make sure.
Miggers
09-10-2020, 05:29 PM
I used to race a Mid Custom BITD.
If I can remember I'll answer questions about it.
My impression was very good of them,a quick reliable car that required very little maintenance.
I finally sold mine around 2002-2003,oh how I wish I'd still got it.
I'd had it for sale for a few months in and old mate's model shop,back then,no one wanted 1/10th off roaders,the touring car craze was at it's height and you couldn't give 1/10th buggies away.
I let it go for £35.
The bloke who bought it used to race at a club in Crewe,Cheshire,he rang me up a few weeks later to ask if I'd got any spares for it.
He'd let his son drive it and he'd hit a wall at speed,ripping off a front suspension arm:mad:
I hate to think where it could be now and what state the poor thing is in if it's still around.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.