View Full Version : New Lipo chassis, topdeck and strap
ulrich
12-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Hello
Have someone pictures of the new chassis, topdeck and batteristrap made by Schumacher
Part nr. U3480, U3481 and U3482
I canīt find photos on www.racing-cars.com
MattW
12-03-2009, 06:09 PM
Interesting, i didn't know anything about it - but in fairness i haven't done anything with cat for some time.
I wonder if i might know what the chassis is - and if i'm right, i'll be very happy, because it will be what i was planning on talking to them about.
Anyone have photo of this update parts? and is it compulsory?
J_WOODY
18-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Anyone have photo of this update parts? and is it compulsory?
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u3480_w.jpg
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u3481_w.jpg
http://www.racing-cars.com/images/u3482_w.jpg
Just seen these pictures :thumbsup:
Crazychambers
18-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Is it the same thickness carbon? If guessing the "slot less" approach will get rid of some chassis flex; probably be advantageous as we move outside or something...
But what do I know!
oh, i think what i am buying lipo retainer. its cheapest))
MattW
18-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Chassis is what i was hoping for :thumbsup:
I think this is the chassis Matt Benfield designed.. not sure though lol.
Looks pretty cool, im glad they have brought out the S1 top deck out in carbon :thumbsup:
telboy
18-03-2009, 07:34 PM
This will make the whole chassis a little stiffer won't it?
it has less cut-outs than the std version so I would think this.?
jono83
18-03-2009, 08:18 PM
will these be in new kits or are they "hop ups" ?
ulrich
18-03-2009, 09:27 PM
will these be in new kits or are they "hop ups" ?
I have heard only as hop ups.. new kit is a future
Cassp0nk
19-03-2009, 10:58 PM
So they have moved to a battery bar which better accommodates velcro it seems? I'm very pleased with the lipo retainer piece that I bought from a guy on here. Much nicer than velcro.
Does the chassis really make any odds? Not like carbon is famous for its flex in the first place?
glypo
19-03-2009, 11:29 PM
http://www.rcnews.net/off-road-news/1353-schumacher-new-cat-sx-parts.html
Was on RC News earlier :)
geerno
20-03-2009, 10:05 AM
;);)
Chrislong
20-03-2009, 10:18 AM
I got this already. SHould have it on the car for Worksop on Sunday. :thumbsup:
The new chassis has locating holes for cells with humps. Personally I bought it as it is more solid and easier to stick my shiznit to, as my Trakpower cells don't have any humps ofcause.
Using the Nor-tech locator the new chassis will need to be drilled, as otherwise there is only one screw going to hold that where the cell post is - which isn't enough. I will be doing this.
Northy
20-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Mmmmmm, I always thought the std chassis was too stiff :eh?:
G
mharlow
20-03-2009, 10:48 AM
Mmmmmm, I always thought the std chassis was too stiff :eh?:
G
I agree. I was even thinking of using the S1 chassis to try a get some flex in the car. There is no way I would want to stiffen the car up anymore than it is.
I like the top deck though as it would make it alot easier to plug the batteries in.
geerno
20-03-2009, 10:58 AM
;);)
MattADH
20-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I am I right in thinking that it can better accommodate Lipo packs 5000 and up with locating humps on the bottom? I have to run all of mine upside down because of the humps with the current chassis.
Yes the battery packs now sit humps down and so there is plenty of clearance for the belt.
I only have the chassis and have used it a lot. The only noticeable difference is that you have to pull the under tray down further when inserting the pack. Once in though, there's no need for extra pieces or holes to drill to secure the pack in position.
MattADH
20-03-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree. I was even thinking of using the S1 chassis to try a get some flex in the car. There is no way I would want to stiffen the car up anymore than it is.
I have not changed any of my settings when I changed to the new SX LiPo chassis and the original heavily machined standard chassis.
HTH
MattW
20-03-2009, 04:42 PM
My personal view is that this chassis should be better. In fact it was something i was planning on asking the factory about when i actually get round to running some off rd again.
It all depends on what you think about stiffness, and where the stiffness is etc.
MattADH
20-03-2009, 10:47 PM
So its all done for you now Matt!
jas_racing
21-03-2009, 05:31 PM
But - and this is the $64,000 question - is the new Lipo chassis "preferred" to running a NiMh chassis converted to Lipo??
MattW
21-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Yeah, cheers - saved me a job :D
So its all done for you now Matt!
Oliv996
07-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Does anybody try the new chassis? Chris? Matt?
MattW
07-04-2009, 11:44 AM
I am waiting for mine to arrive, but i suspect Mr Benfield will have run it.
Oliv996
08-04-2009, 02:07 PM
I received mine today but haven't enough time to mount it before few days....:mad:
Chrislong
08-04-2009, 03:54 PM
I received mine today but haven't enough time to mount it before few days....:mad:
Its so quick to change, its quicker than swapping a wishbone!!! LOL
The only thing which slowed me down, was the damn sticky tape on the ESC took ages to clean properly - otherwise the whole change takes 10/15 minutes.... (its takes me longer to get my tools out!). :thumbsup:
Chrislong
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Does anybody try the new chassis? Chris? Matt?
Yeh I have the new chassis on my current car, and it feels good. I have only run it on mid-grip indoors at Bury and I liked it. The track was hard to tell if it was any different to before, but when I get more time in and more back to back with my new car, which has the std chassis on, i'll be able to tell more.
I do like it though, even if it feels no better on the track, things stick to the flat chassis better and the wire plugs in to my trakpower far more neatly.
stegger
08-04-2009, 03:57 PM
You keep your tool to yourself Sssscccchhhlong:lol:
can you take a photo of your cat with new deck?
Chrislong
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
I would, but the Cat it is on is in bits. Once its looking less like a box of parts I will take a photo. :)
mikeyscott
28-09-2009, 12:21 PM
How have people got on with this as the season has progressed?
ulrich
01-10-2009, 03:24 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2009/10/schumacher-cat-sx-s1-chassis-tubby-inserts/#more-22908
I seems that a S1 "Stiff" chassis is been released and some other bits from Schumacher
Ulrich
ahh schumacher.. not one to copy something :woot:
Nice kwf foams they've made there ;)
David Church
01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
ahh schumacher.. not one to copy something :woot:
Nice kwf foams they've made there ;)
What like a different foam is a new thing??? Hahaha, you guys copied usssss again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:woot::woot::thumbsup:
mikeyscott
01-10-2009, 07:12 PM
http://www.redrc.net/2009/10/schumacher-cat-sx-s1-chassis-tubby-inserts/#more-22908
I seems that a S1 "Stiff" chassis is been released and some other bits from Schumacher
Ulrich
Best of both worlds...
David Church
01-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Best of both worlds...
Yep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
stegger
01-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I know nobody has this yet but do you think stiffness wise this new chassis would fall in between the stiff lipo carbon chassis and the original carbon chassis ? :confused:
mw02veg
01-10-2009, 09:14 PM
the new s1 stiff chassis is more flexible than the standard lipo chassis, plus it weighs in at 16 grams more than the stiff carbon fibre chassis hope this helps :thumbsup:
stegger
02-10-2009, 06:43 AM
I've ordered a chassis and deck to try :thumbsup: see what it's like.
mikeyscott
02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
I've ordered a chassis and deck to try :thumbsup: see what it's like.
What cells are you running?
stegger
02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Speedpower 5300 :thumbsup:
mikeyscott
04-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyone ordered the new alloy mount yet?
stegger
04-10-2009, 05:05 PM
yes with the chassis :thumbsup::thumbsup:
I still had the original plastic upper at the rear.
Raul Garcia
05-10-2009, 12:35 AM
I have the alloy upper bulkheads along with the shock conversion.:thumbsup:
mikeyscott
05-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Well I've ordered both the S1 and Carbon LIPO chassis and will see how it goes :)
mw02veg
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Grants has been testing this chassis for a couple of meetings now at EPR with a standard top deck not an S1 top deck.
This Sunday the track was dry warm and we had some sunshine thrown in as well, grip was high.
As the chassis weighs 16 grams more than our normal stiff lipo adjusted the lead weight we run, so the cars total weight is 1715 grams.
Great on the infield but too much grip on the high speed coroners, so took the weight out and the car was so much better but Grant still found it a little bit nervous. Maybe with a few minor changes might be able to sort that out. If the grip is low this chassis will make a difference.
Any one going to Worksop this weekend if you have one put it on it will be good.
Mike
stegger
05-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Any one going to Worksop this weekend if you have one put it on it will be good.
Mike
That's what i was thinking and hoping for :thumbsup: shame i'm only running 2WD :lol:
mikeyscott
11-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Anyone run the S1 chassis yet?
mikeyscott
16-10-2009, 04:27 PM
My new chassis etc fitted with new speed power lipos
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.