flipside
18-03-2009, 10:44 PM
Hi,
I'm wondering, what reasons do you guys have to choose between the outer or inner hole on the wishbones of a B4 (especially at the rear)?
I mean not just changing from in to out, but also adjust springs, oil and limiters to create the same feel & droop, so only the shock mounting position changes.
I've been testing with this a lot, and the effect of the front bottom shock location is very big, but in the rear I'm not so sure. I tried it at a carpet track last week, and when running the inside hole on the rear I could squeeze out better lap times, but not as consistent (felt like the car rotated better). I couldn't really feel much difference on jumps/landings since the track only had small easy ones.
Thanks for any help!
wouter
I'm wondering, what reasons do you guys have to choose between the outer or inner hole on the wishbones of a B4 (especially at the rear)?
I mean not just changing from in to out, but also adjust springs, oil and limiters to create the same feel & droop, so only the shock mounting position changes.
I've been testing with this a lot, and the effect of the front bottom shock location is very big, but in the rear I'm not so sure. I tried it at a carpet track last week, and when running the inside hole on the rear I could squeeze out better lap times, but not as consistent (felt like the car rotated better). I couldn't really feel much difference on jumps/landings since the track only had small easy ones.
Thanks for any help!
wouter