PDA

View Full Version : Which motor


jono83
20-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Hi Guys

I am currently running a 10.5 speed passion indoors in my x6 with lipo 24/78

will be going outdoors soon and wondered which brand and turn of motor do you recommend and how should i gear it ?

thanks in advance


Jono

super__dan
20-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Brand aside, I'd say either a 7.5 or 8.5, the 7.5 will be very urgent, the 8.5 very smooth but likely a bit less top end.

I'm looking forward to my Novak 7.5L arriving which to a degree will have the best of both worls with a 7.5 top end but a smoother bottom end, they do run a bit hotter than a normal motor though.

Band

jono83
20-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks dan was thinking either a 7.5 or a 8.5 have your got a starting point for gearing them with a 78t spur was thinking 21/22?

V-Rossi
20-03-2009, 04:21 PM
24/78 on a 7,5T. The slightly bigger pinion makes it easier to drive and smoother.

matdodd
20-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Jono I run 23/78 on a LRP 6.5 so 24or 25/78 on a 7.5 will be fine at Os

ashleyb4
20-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Leave your 10.5 in jono. i run a 7.5 and have my EPA at 70% most of the time there is no need for more speed.

A

matdodd
20-03-2009, 10:22 PM
....:o

ashleyb4
20-03-2009, 10:31 PM
It seems to be working had a few good drives with it proberly could of done with a little more power. I only moved to mod motors after 2 years of off road. Stick with your 10.5 jono your driving well dont get more speed and ruin it all.

A