View Full Version : Phat Bodies meet X6
Danosborne6661
20-03-2009, 09:04 PM
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8555/phatcopywo7.png (http://www.phatbodies.co.uk/)
Seeing as my Dad posted up some information on the new shell he has created on another thread I thought I should make a official one!
What do you think?! Should be out and ready to order by the end of this week!
Just the prototype stages at the moment, nothings quite final yet :thumbsup:
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5066/87329570.jpg (http://www.phatbodies.co.uk/)
More to come :woot:
Garry Driffill
20-03-2009, 09:06 PM
That looks awsome! - any idea on price?
Danosborne6661
20-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Price will be £18 I believe with a killer wing :thumbsup:
DAVIDZX5
20-03-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll have one ;)
Bungleaio
20-03-2009, 09:26 PM
That looks great a definite improvement over the standard one.
Cooper
20-03-2009, 09:49 PM
mmmmmmmmmm nice !
andy05
20-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Looks good:)
jim76
20-03-2009, 10:38 PM
so much better than the fugly kit one!
showtime
20-03-2009, 10:44 PM
so much better than the fugly kit one!
couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup:
ashleyb4
20-03-2009, 10:50 PM
I dont know what it is but i preffer the kit one its nice but preffer the kit one sorry danny.
A
bald eagle
20-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I will be ordering one I think.... mmmmmmmm,...:drool:.. do we order direct or is there a main supplier involved?
blitzboy
21-03-2009, 01:56 AM
wow dan looking good mate get them in the post buddy along with the others and ill get ya sorted buddy
peetbee
21-03-2009, 07:29 AM
I will be ordering one I think.... mmmmmmmm,...:drool:.. do we order direct or is there a main supplier involved?
click on the phat bodies logo to goto his shop, but it's not availale yet!
sime46
21-03-2009, 07:36 AM
Defo gonna need one of those. I like the origional but that one is super cooool!
bald eagle
21-03-2009, 07:58 AM
click on the phat bodies logo to goto his shop, but it's not availale yet!
Doesnt work for me?>? :cry:
Matisse
21-03-2009, 08:22 AM
www.phatbodies.bigcartel.com
bald eagle
21-03-2009, 08:33 AM
Cheers mate. :)
Jamie.T
21-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Awesome looking shell. will be picking mine up friday.
Jamie.....
Tom3012
21-03-2009, 01:14 PM
That looks really good! Ill take one :thumbsup:
SpeedyDad
21-03-2009, 01:24 PM
I'm confused. Isn't this a copy of the Azarashi shell?
Wraggy
21-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I'm confused. Isn't this a copy of the Azarashi shell?
the one nobody seems to be stocking you mean ? or cant buy from anywhere..!
blitzboy
21-03-2009, 01:58 PM
I'm confused. Isn't this a copy of the Azarashi shell?
does nt say it on the packet and its cheaper , phat bodies shells are good quality too guys , im running one on my micro and have a new mojo shell and they are good , if anyone wants to sprak to me at worksop about it tommorrow just come and see me
Danosborne6661
21-03-2009, 02:23 PM
Nope, may look a little like it in these draft pictures but when I get some proper pics I can assure it isn't :)
SpeedyDad
22-03-2009, 02:29 AM
OK, must just be the way its painted.
mrspeedy
22-03-2009, 12:06 PM
Azer who ?? ;) Nah, definitely not a copy mate, we do try to be as original as possible with all our shells :thumbsup: its just my photography skills don't show it here ....
It needs some quality pics for sure .....
CCristo
22-03-2009, 12:37 PM
Do tall lipos fit without pushing the body up? Can we see a top down pic?
mrspeedy
22-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Not sure yet to be honest, but I would think so. I run a 4700 soft case lipo and it clears that with 10mm to spare at standard height.
What sort of height is a tall Lipo inc connectors ?
c0sie
22-03-2009, 02:03 PM
That looks lush Si :) ;)
ScottyP
23-03-2009, 01:30 AM
Looks like it might suffer the same problem as the Aza shell with Lipo... not enough clearance on the end of the pack, especially with Corally connectors, which means you need an extra 5mm or so.
Does look good tho.
Cheers,
Scotty P.
mrspeedy
24-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Had a closer look now to check out the clearance for fat lipo's and it's all good as long as the Corally connectors are wired up at 90 degrees.
Also I've just taken delivery of our first batch of shells so they'll be in the shop this week :thumbsup:
Si
ben44
24-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I like your bodies, like that the X6² you like less fat.
could you send in france?
mrspeedy
24-03-2009, 05:37 PM
We ship anywhere :thumbsup:
CCristo
25-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Could yo post some updated pictures with the tall lipos?
How can we order them?
Wacker 2
25-03-2009, 06:26 PM
yeah, how much and how do we order???
Thanks
Body Paint
26-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Price will be £18 I believe with a killer wing :thumbsup:
click on the phat bodies logo to goto his shop, but it's not availale yet!
www.phatbodies.bigcartel.com (http://www.phatbodies.bigcartel.com/)
Danosborne6661
26-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Yup can't buy these yet!
They will be avaliable to people at Caldicot on Friday but we have limited stock in till next wing :D
Here's a pic for you guys though, coming soon :)
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5066/87329570.jpg
mrspeedy
27-03-2009, 02:58 PM
And with some war paint on ......
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/9352/zen016r.jpg
Matisse
27-03-2009, 03:22 PM
good to see it on redrc.net Si, nice!!:p
super__dan
27-03-2009, 05:37 PM
Shell looks great IMHO, but get some better tyres on the car for 'press shots' ;)
Danosborne6661
27-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Shell looks great IMHO, but get some better tyres on the car for 'press shots' ;)
For sure,! You wait in till Blitz has done mine :D
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 12:16 PM
Have recently recevied my bodyshell and I am over the moon with it. It looks far better in real life than it does on previous pictures and the quality of the lexan is superb.
I thought I'd put some pics on for you all - sorry its not a very exciting spray job but I do not have access to an air brush and wanted to get it on as soon as possible for the start of the outdoor season. I will soon be buying another one and get it sent off to a professional to get it looking perfect!
Hope you like, and thanks again to Si at Phat Bodies.
Jon
http://img3013.photobox.co.uk/8380361702a0b08c60e2b579e10d0b06f8f1052eff0d253a28 15ad644a84fb669339b540.jpg (http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=2027052469)
http://img3013.photobox.co.uk/12749498ccb1f4d9c79a83060d064411d6299e7139278fd049 351d0d37793d29c2062915.jpg (http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=2027052471)
(Pictures did not upload correctly... see the pics a few posts down!)
c0sie
31-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Si,
Is there any chance you could post mine to me??
:'(
super__dan
31-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Can't see the pics
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 01:47 PM
cant see??? I will try and upload them a different way!!!
sit tight, will be on shortly
jon
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 01:59 PM
Hopefully these will be OK.....
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/31032009103.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/31032009105.jpg
Tom3012
31-03-2009, 02:13 PM
that looks the business!!!
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 02:15 PM
vast improvement on the original X6 or X6 squared bodyshell - not sure if the handling characteristics will be any different?!
I'm happy with it - cant wait to get it on the track!
:thumbsup:
jono83
31-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Hopefully these will be OK.....
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/31032009103.jpg
http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt19/jon5007/31032009105.jpg
what chassis is that? i ask because of the way the saddles are mounted
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I wondered how long it would take for somebody to pick up on that...
I have slightly modified my chassis to allow saddle lipos. Few reasons why i've done this but the main was that I was thinking of developing a carbon fibre chassis which would have featured a saddle pack set up and so this was a tester to see how it went - so far, very promising. I have only taken out a small amount of the interior moulded strengthening and so the chassis is still very rigid, and when I get my new carbon fibre battery strap made this will help with the rigidity as it will be fixed to the chassis in 4 spots at each corner of the batteries.
I can get some photo's uploaded of the chassis if people would like to see it???
Thanks, Jon
jono83
31-03-2009, 04:14 PM
I wondered how long it would take for somebody to pick up on that...
I have slightly modified my chassis to allow saddle lipos. Few reasons why i've done this but the main was that I was thinking of developing a carbon fibre chassis which would have featured a saddle pack set up and so this was a tester to see how it went - so far, very promising. I have only taken out a small amount of the interior moulded strengthening and so the chassis is still very rigid, and when I get my new carbon fibre battery strap made this will help with the rigidity as it will be fixed to the chassis in 4 spots at each corner of the batteries.
I can get some photo's uploaded of the chassis if people would like to see it???
Thanks, Jon
Yes please
Wacker 2
31-03-2009, 04:18 PM
I'll start up a new thread as I dont want to take over this one.. this is to promote the new Phat Bodies bodyshell which I'm all for....
I'll start a new thread and call it "Jon Seals Modded Chassis".
Will be on in about an hour or so!!
thanks, Jon!
vinny20
31-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Very good body shell this could make a diffrence and i for one like it
c0sie
22-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Anyone with any pics of their Zen shells care to post them up for all to see??
blitzboy
22-04-2009, 02:54 PM
cosie i ve got one but had no time to paint it yet haha will do soon though :thumbsup:
Danosborne6661
14-05-2009, 04:34 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/wide_mouth_frog/DSC_58018525.jpg
Awesome looking paint on our Zen from ABS Designs :D
Paul_Sinclair
14-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Nice! :thumbsup:
blitzboy
14-05-2009, 05:09 PM
here s mine for this seasons national , you will see it in the report too http://www.customblitz.co.uk/uploads/7/1/6/3/716316/8004430_orig.jpg
Danosborne6661
18-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Another awesome looking Zen :D
http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp197/kifogrande/DSCN1304.jpg
lochness42
31-05-2009, 10:27 PM
My attempt to paint Zen shell. Window masks to be removed. Sorry for photo quality but it's bit too late, dark and my camera can't do it better in this condition.
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5048/zen03.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2015/zen02.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7105/zen01.jpg
purplenut
01-06-2009, 07:42 AM
awsome i will be getting one:thumbsup:
ps the blue washers on the rear shock mount where can i get them??
cheers
purplenut
01-06-2009, 08:19 AM
Awsome very nice i will be getting one.
ps where do i get those blue washers from on the rear shock mount?.
leinad
01-06-2009, 08:25 AM
...
http://www.customblitz.co.uk/uploads/7/1/6/3/716316/8004430_orig.jpg
Hey there blitzboy... just curious, where did you get that oOple sticker from? The one with the red outline :woot:
blitzboy
01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
from jimmy mate
leinad
01-06-2009, 08:53 AM
from jimmy mate
looks yummy! man :woot:
mrspeedy
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
My attempt to paint Zen shell. Window masks to be removed. Sorry for photo quality but it's bit too late, dark and my camera can't do it better in this condition.
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/5048/zen03.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2015/zen02.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7105/zen01.jpg
Looking good friend :thumbsup:
I like the way the paint follows the lines of the shell ... very nice
But I don't remember sending a shell to the Slovak Republic :confused:
lochness42
01-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Looking good friend :thumbsup:
I like the way the paint follows the lines of the shell ... very nice
But I don't remember sending a shell to the Slovak Republic :confused:
That's truth - you haven't sent any here. I bought c0sie's X6 and got unpainted shell with it (unfortunately without wing - only broken std jconcepts wing).
Fitted shell on my X6^2:
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=248541#post248541
niggs98
02-06-2009, 08:14 AM
heres mine. as sprayed by blitz for ozfest
http://www.customblitz.co.uk/uploads/7/1/6/3/716316/3363544_orig.jpg
loving it :thumbsup:
Hi!
This is my X-6 sq. with Zen shell.
I hope you like it!
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1935/dsc03538l.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03538l.jpg)
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5682/dsc03539w.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03539w.jpg)
Danosborne6661
31-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi!
This is my X-6 sq. with Zen shell.
I hope you like it!
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1935/dsc03538l.jpg (http://img15.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc03538l.jpg)
Didn't see this one before, looking smart :)
Danosborne6661
31-07-2009, 09:35 AM
And this one looks the bomb :)
http://www.customblitz.co.uk/uploads/7/1/6/3/716316/1672712_orig.jpg
CCristo
31-07-2009, 03:43 PM
What body is that on the right and what does it fit?
blue_pinky
31-07-2009, 03:49 PM
The one on the right, and the undertray next to it, fits the Schumacher Cat by the looks of it!
MattW
03-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Yup, they are my shells. The right one is Cat SX, and of course left is Phat bodies X6. There are some decent mounted/action pics in some of the Belgian GP coverage pics from last month.
Molgorain
06-08-2009, 05:54 PM
Does the Zen shell come with a rearwing too, or is it bodyshell alone?
joelwhite
06-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Comes with the shell and front wing.And some decals too!
Molgorain
06-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks for letting me know.
Shall order some shells later then.
Danosborne6661
13-09-2009, 07:47 AM
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd349/mark_dyson/Paul-X6-01.jpg
Another nice one just posted up on oOple :D
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.