PDA

View Full Version : B4FT/X6 Build questions


ChrisCorbett
26-03-2009, 08:26 PM
And things were going so well!!!!
I have built numerous rc cars over the years so I can't quite believe I am having to ask these questions but I am a little baffled.
Building brand new B4FT/X6 Squared and have come across a couple of issues and would appreciate guidance.
Firstly the front wheel axles (blue alloy) look like you have to thread a long threaded rod into the ends that wheelnuts bolt onto to. Great idea except I don't have any threaded rods! Box was factory sealed so can only assume I have either got something wrong or they were missed out when packed.
The manual picture shows the axles already having a threaded section to them.
Now for X6 questions. I am fitting a 4900 trakpower lipo but it is too high so the brace doesn't sit on the screw holes. Do people put spacers in or just tighten bolts so the brace pinches down the lipo.
Lastly before I ring the shop for a replacement does anyone know if all sensored motors come with sensor lead? My LRP Vector 7.5 hasn't got one in the box which is kind of surprising given the price of it!!

Thanks in advance for any help

super__dan
26-03-2009, 08:31 PM
You use normal screws to hold the front wheels on, the ID of the axle should be threaded.

I use spacers on top of the batteries on my X6 but many others don't. I certrainly think it's ideal to use spacers, but not essential.

No idea on LRP motor, surely there's one with the speedo or motor?

ChrisCorbett
26-03-2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks Dan, that all makes sense. Yeah I am really confused about the lead not being in box. The esc manual says they come with motor.
No worries I'll call shop tomorrow to sort it.
Thanks again

matdodd
26-03-2009, 11:16 PM
The last LRP motor I got there was no sensor lead but they did come with them in the past!

Body Paint
26-03-2009, 11:33 PM
The sensor lead comes with the LRP speedo, LRP motors don't come with a lead anymore.

matdodd
26-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Thanks Mate :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
27-03-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi Chris, just got back from our club racing and have seen your questions, it looks like most of our team guys have chipped in and answered all your questions thouroughly (rhanks guys).

To confirm, B4 FT comes with alloy axles that use buttome scres on the end (no nuts) the latest B4 manuals show the biuild for botht eh Team and Factory Team and they highlight (usually with a *) the bits that are different between the two (the axles being one of them)

LIPO strap on the Squared will not sit down over the lugs on some of the "large" modern LIPO's but this is fine as Dan has said, spacers are handy (but defo not essential) if you wish to "bridge" the gap so to speak.

Lastly, yes LRP now only put the snesor leads in the ESC's and NOT in with the motors

Ring me tommorow at the shop if anything is still puzzling you.....

Darren

millzy
27-03-2009, 02:58 PM
you know the new x6 has the options of moving the servo forword, dosnt the fact the link bar is at an angle change anything?

ChrisCorbett
27-03-2009, 03:32 PM
Thanks guys....again! Spoke to Darren (cheers) and will be posting motor back for them to check as I fear I have cooked it.
I run a speed passion sensored motor in my TC with a GM Pro esc and it dies run without sensor wire which is why I thought it would be a problem. How wrong I was...

Paul_Sinclair
27-03-2009, 05:20 PM
you know the new x6 has the options of moving the servo forword, dosnt the fact the link bar is at an angle change anything?

The spacing is designed so that, when moving the servo to the rear position, if you flip the ballstud around to be on the other side of the servo horn the link to the bellcranks is on very nearly the same angle.

millzy
30-03-2009, 03:31 PM
The spacing is designed so that, when moving the servo to the rear position, if you flip the ballstud around to be on the other side of the servo horn the link to the bellcranks is on very nearly the same angle.

thats cool thank for that Paul