View Full Version : what spares to carry for losi xxx-cr and bk2
the mad1
27-03-2009, 09:30 AM
i am looking to get some spares for my losi xxxcr and bk2 what are the usual spares i should carry
pugboy
27-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I would suggest the following from my own experience as a starting point
Wishbones
Rear t-piece (back half of chassis),
Shock seal kit (plastic threads strip occasionally when refilling shocks)
usual e clips, washers, screws etc.
Shock towers (pretty strong but recently broke a rear one)
Rear gearbox case - can get damaged in big crash.
If I think of anything else I'll add it.:thumbsup:
Chris
the mad1
27-03-2009, 11:57 AM
i have ally shocks on mine
cheers for the help buddy
pugboy
27-03-2009, 12:49 PM
Always happy to help. The shocks are metal cased but have a plastic thread on the screw in seal cartridge. You'll see when you open one up. They only cost about 3 or 4 quid and I have had 2 or 3 strip in a year (although I have refilled my shocks a fair few times!).
Any more questions, just ask, I have found people on here generally very helpful, and at meetings too, people will go out of their way to help and advise. :)
Tom3012
27-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Always happy to help. The shocks are metal cased but have a plastic thread on the screw in seal cartridge. You'll see when you open one up. They only cost about 3 or 4 quid and I have had 2 or 3 strip in a year (although I have refilled my shocks a fair few times!).
Any more questions, just ask, I have found people on here generally very helpful, and at meetings too, people will go out of their way to help and advise. :)
He's spot on with spares, sometimes good to have a diff gear to hand too!
pugboy as for your shocks.. try building them with associated green slime, coat the 2 rubber o rings in it and then build as normal... i found this helps the shocks maintain oil levels better (i use to always need to rebuild the losi shocks too)
pugboy
27-03-2009, 01:21 PM
off topic sorry but what is 'green slime' Tom, a silicon grease or something?
Cheers
Chris
Tom3012
27-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Not entirely sure what it is... works a treat though... part number AS1105
tyreman
27-03-2009, 06:32 PM
i have ally shocks on mine
cheers for the help buddy
I will be at all of the mid-west regionals so if you need any help just come and find me, or any of the other Losi team drivers.
the mad1
27-03-2009, 07:13 PM
nice one buddy thanks alot im sure il need to ask some advice along the way its been 15 years since i raced offroad lol
carnage
06-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Buy a second hand cr or bk2 strip it and carry that, complete gearbox is a good idea,
the mad1
06-04-2009, 10:04 AM
i think that is the best idea i might put an wanted ad up for a cr for spares very soon
lochness42
06-04-2009, 10:39 AM
I suggest to buy gearbox case, diff gear, front arms, ballstuds (somehow I don't have good experience with them) and shock o-rings. Maybe also rear shocktowers (I also managed to break 1 front but that was from hard hit).
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.