View Full Version : X factory X-3.5
Brewer95
28-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I gave my X-6 its first real run today at a local clubs fun meet! I was running a 12 single motor and the car was fantastic untill I had a little colission with a losi XX-4 :(
The losi was able to continue without incedent and I thought my X-6 was ok untill the marshel picked it up and to his amusement the enitre front end fell off!
I never knew that a losi was that strong :o
xx4-nutter
28-01-2007, 04:06 PM
:o thats mental . was u both flat out ?
Brewer95
28-01-2007, 04:18 PM
No I was stationary as id just had a spin after clipping a track marker but we hit head on and he was moving at a fair old rate of knots! It was on one of the fastest parts of the track and most people were running at least 12 turns!
Made a really loud CRACK as it hit as well!
cutting edge
28-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I was one of those marshalls me and the marshall next to me picked up a piece each LOL :D
Sorry Jimbo but hey look on the bright side my X5 did beat you today :)
It got the biggest laugh of the day keep them comming Jimbo.........
Chrislong
28-01-2007, 04:35 PM
They do tend to go there when caught wrongly. Its an unfortunate incident by the sound of it, but it is designed in that way so the chassis is unharmed.
Got to be said also that the XX4 is bulit like a tank, I suspect a B4 or a XXX will not come away laughing either.
PaulRotheram
28-01-2007, 05:11 PM
xx4 is a proper volvo.
Brewer95
28-01-2007, 06:01 PM
well im pleased that it was only the nose piece and front bulkhead that went and not the chassis! After scrounging some AE parts and finding a spare nose piece in my spares box I had it fixed and won the next race it went out in!
Car went really well and im glad that there was no serious damage! Thats my best buggy incident yet :o
Lee Martin
28-01-2007, 06:53 PM
xx4 brakes wishbones like their chocolate!
cutting edge
28-01-2007, 06:56 PM
Bring on Next Sunday Jim i have just rebuilt the shocks on the X-6 and wow on th ebench you can see the difference i might just run the 2wd next week to get it set up seems 200% better on the bench now with it set up ride hight camber toe in shocks ect...............
Should i fit the Brushless in her ????????????
xx4 brakes wishbones like their chocolate!
Yeah, correct, if it's a corner.
If one hits you straight on tho you are proper bummed.:wtf:
Chrislong
28-01-2007, 07:25 PM
xx4 brakes wishbones like their chocolate!
Bit vague there Lee, would you say like aYorkie bar, or a curly wurly?
Bit vague there Chris, would that be a CurlyWhirly straight from the fridge or one at room temerature, there is a critical difference.
Chrislong
28-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Room temperature...... but WHICh room :confused:
curly wurlies tend to bend and break off it's chocolate outer, I would say, more like a Flake or Ripple, definately not a Turkish Delight....
super__dan
28-01-2007, 09:31 PM
I did the same thing on sat night at Teeside, I was flat out and hit an imovable track marking head on. Chazz designed the nose peice like the XXX so if you break it it's just the nose and not the whole chassis. And if you've ever tried to change a chassis between rounds you'll know why that is a good thing!
super__dan
28-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Also for anyone that breaks XX4 wishbones at the outer end regularly, I can recomend the X Factory wishbone saver screws that spread the load across the front and back of the wishbone. They don't make them indestructable, but MUCH less likely to break!
_sleigh_
28-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Yeah, correct, if it's a corner.
If one hits you straight on tho you are proper bummed.:wtf:
I totally agree, just ask Rich Lowe. His BJ4 met a very sad end at the Tiverton national after a "slight" prang with my XX4. Hard as nails :D
losixxx
28-01-2007, 10:35 PM
Also for anyone that breaks XX4 wishbones at the outer end regularly, I can recomend the X Factory wishbone saver screws that spread the load across the front and back of the wishbone. They don't make them indestructable, but MUCH less likely to break!
i can recommend these!! trashed the complete front corner of my xx4 today, only thing intack was the wishbone thanks to the saver screw
xx4-nutter
28-01-2007, 10:47 PM
i can recommend these!! trashed the complete front corner of my xx4 today, only thing intack was the wishbone thanks to the saver screw
any one go tany pics of thse ? ive got a xx4 on the way and i want to make it nice and strong. :)
Richard Lowe
28-01-2007, 10:59 PM
I totally agree, just ask Rich Lowe. His BJ4 met a very sad end at the Tiverton national after a "slight" prang with my XX4. Hard as nails :D
That was a big impact, I do seem to remember I was parked in the middle of one of the fastest parts of the track facing the wrong way though for some reason lol :wtf:
It was only a wishbone though, the rest of the BJ4WE is equally tank-like :p
Thr front end of your X6 doesn't like Teeside does it Dan?! :D
Chrislong
29-01-2007, 08:35 AM
LOL, We were there on Saturday night ;)
super__dan
29-01-2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/storexfactory.htm
# OP 031 Screw Set, Caster Block, X - 5, xx-4, xxx-4
just over 1/2 way down
AndyM
29-01-2007, 04:49 PM
My bro has broken 3 or 4 nose pieces on his X6 :o , i havnt broken any, i dont know how he does it,
well, actually, he did go flat out in2 the wall at Batley :wtf:
they are very well designed pieces,
Well Done X Factory!
:p
mattym0310
29-01-2007, 05:04 PM
ye ive broken it 3 times, once at batley [im tellin ya, dont argue with walls], once at teeside and once at a club meet when both an x6 and a b4 drove through the front of my car which hurt my car alot! lol
about xx4 wishbones, i know a number of people have put glue on the outside triangle of them [the side of the wheel] and let it dry clear. ive also heard of someone boiling their wishbones or something which sounds abit wierd lol.
hope this helps
bigred5765
29-01-2007, 05:44 PM
quick question (chris or dan) how do they help they look the same as the losi ones may be a little bigger?
LiamD
29-01-2007, 05:57 PM
I've not broken a nosecone yet. Only one of the "TRCC" X-6s has managed it, and that was from driving like a nob.
I don't how Dan manages to do it with such regularity at Teesside... snap nosecones that is. :eh?:
Big E
29-01-2007, 07:19 PM
They do look the same but the thread is reversed as opposed to the losi ones, therefor they screw in to the castor block and not the arm, this means it is all tied together.
They are stronger like this, I have not broken one yet and I had a good go the other weekend when I tried brushless out in the 4wd for the first time, they don't half crash a long way at full speed model cars :o
cutting edge
04-02-2007, 05:53 PM
He has done it again Mr Brewer also known as Barmy Brewer new nickname
THE DISTROYER
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/james-bond-oo7/PICT0025.jpg (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/james-bond-oo7/PICT0025.jpg)
bigred5765
04-02-2007, 06:29 PM
They do look the same but the thread is reversed as opposed to the losi ones, therefor they screw in to the castor block and not the arm, this means it is all tied together.
They are stronger like this, I have not broken one yet and I had a good go the other weekend when I tried brushless out in the 4wd for the first time, they don't half crash a long way at full speed model cars :o
cheers for that ellis anyone got any for sale then
Chrislong
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi carl,
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_09_27_06.htm
This website shows them, and there is a link there to buy them too.
Chrislong
04-02-2007, 06:48 PM
He has done it again Mr Brewer also known as Barmy Brewer new nickname
THE DISTROYER
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/james-bond-oo7/PICT0025.jpg (http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/james-bond-oo7/PICT0025.jpg)
What did it hit? Very nice color scheme tho ;)
cutting edge
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Bad landing off a Jump :(
Brewer95
04-02-2007, 07:30 PM
The car was going very well untill as cutting edge says I came off a jump at a really bad angle after catching a bump and it landed verticaly on the front left wheel and it just snaped!
I think it broke so easily as it was very cold and this may have made things a bit more brittle than normal!!
Would boiling the nose piece help to make them less brittle? If so how long do I have to boil them for?
TRF_Tastic
04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Funniest thing that I saw all day, I think Brewer removed something from his car every race that he competed in!!! He is the master of disaster.
Brewer95
04-02-2007, 07:50 PM
now everybodys gonna think im a bad driver :wtf:
Im not normally this bad! in touring cars I was sometimes worse :o
xx4-nutter
04-02-2007, 07:56 PM
hi chris
how was ur x-6 with Losi shocks at york last night ? and why did u run them instead of AE ones . . :)
Garry D.
Chrislong
04-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi Garry,
I have always run Losi shocks on my X-6. Have you only just noticed? :D
Losi shocks are my preference, may not be everyones, my opinion is: Losi shocks operate a heck of a lot smoother than AE, there is a wider range of pistons and springs available and I can make Losi shocks feel the same after each rebuild with no effort.
On the track, I admit I did run AE shocks for about 2 meetings which would be the photo session/shakedown run at Batley, and then the national at Batley in 2006, but then I went to Losi shocks. When I initially went to Losi shocks, the car didn't handle as well on the first run as a 'back to back'.... which I expected, but after a few runs while I came to terms with which direction I needed to go in with spring and piston, the car felt a lot better on Losi shocks and keeps getting better.
xx4-nutter
04-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi Garry,
I have always run Losi shocks on my X-6. Have you only just noticed? :D
Losi shocks are my preference, may not be everyones, my opinion is: Losi shocks operate a heck of a lot smoother than AE, there is a wider range of pistons and springs available and I can make Losi shocks feel the same after each rebuild with no effort.
On the track, I admit I did run AE shocks for about 2 meetings which would be the photo session/shakedown run at Batley, and then the national at Batley in 2006, but then I went to Losi shocks. When I initially went to Losi shocks, the car didn't handle as well on the first run as a 'back to back'.... which I expected, but after a few runs while I came to terms with which direction I needed to go in with spring and piston, the car felt a lot better on Losi shocks and keeps getting better.
i need to get some stronger specs lol. yea i have a freind who dont wanna touch his AE shocks because there " complicated " not naming any names * coff DAVE WATSON * lol
what does dan run ?
Garry D.
Chrislong
04-02-2007, 10:53 PM
i need to get some stronger specs lol. yea i have a freind who dont wanna touch his AE shocks because there " complicated " not naming any names * coff DAVE WATSON * lol
what does dan run ?
Garry D.
Hi Garry,
Oh I remember Dave, if I remember rightly, he'll still ahve his 2wd Losi shocks which he ran on his X-5 for a while. Think he has now gone to the right 4wd shocks for his X-5 now? I haven't spoken to him for a while.
Dan is Losi too.
Don't worry about specs, 2 for 1 at specsaver ;) or the cheaper way, is come over and have a good look. :D
tyreman
04-02-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi carl,
http://www.xfactoryrc.com/news_09_27_06.htm
This website shows them, and there is a link there to buy them too.
Or you could just get them from Lesro for £10, rather than spending $17 just on the shipping!!
So much for supporting the importer.
mattym0310
05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
hey chris! i still need to decide whether i should upgrade my AE shocks, which i spose has an advantage as i have always used these and can get them rite and wont need alot of help, ye like erm sum1, coff coff andy :D cofff
but losi shocks are so much smoother, but i dno wot Ae ones would be like with TiNitride shafts and everything green slimed.
ye my gearbox made a rite racket on saturday. i need to solve the problem, lol
thanks
Chrislong
05-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Matt,
I'll always prefer Losi shocks, but its your preference that counts. I think Andy liked his X-6 with the Losi shocks on? Well, if you are not sure what to do with the AE shocks but like them anyway, id suggest rebuilding them with new seals - use plenty of green slime, and new unobtainium or MIP shafts. This'll make the movement of the shock very slick and might transform your car. Have you persuaded Andy to let you have his spare AE shocks?? ;)
I noticed your car became noisey. Have you discovered the cause? Mine seemed quiet, I had put some silicone (diff) grease on my gears for the first time, and I reckon it helps in the nois department.
Chris
xx4-nutter
05-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi Garry,
Oh I remember Dave, if I remember rightly, he'll still ahve his 2wd Losi shocks which he ran on his X-5 for a while. Think he has now gone to the right 4wd shocks for his X-5 now? I haven't spoken to him for a while.
Dan is Losi too.
Don't worry about specs, 2 for 1 at specsaver ;) or the cheaper way, is come over and have a good look. :D
hhaahhaahha
ye he running proper shocks now i think lol
Garry D.
mattym0310
06-02-2007, 06:55 AM
hi chris ye thanks i think ill try putting some grease on the gears, as i dont normally do this because it doesnt run as freely. but i am willing to try anything, the noise is driving me crazy :mad: hehe
Mike Hudson
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
hey guys can anyone help me with some advise please I currently run a B4 and thinking of getting the X6 conversion but dont know whether I would benefit from this or not as my B4 runs verywell currently anyhelp?:wtf:
AndyM
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM
scamp, if your happy with your b4, and it is working great for you at the moment, there isnt alot of point changing cars.
The X6 is a great car, much better than a B4, definately, but if your really happy with your b4, then is there really any point spending the money?
as the saying goes...: 'If it 'aint broke, dont fix it.'
the cars are fantastic, made me much faster, and they r easier to drive. but its down to your own driving style. some people may not like the cars. [:wtf::o]
if yoo are happy with your b4, stick with it.
hope this helps.
Andy
AndyM
12-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Hi Matt,
I'll always prefer Losi shocks, but its your preference that counts. I think Andy liked his X-6 with the Losi shocks on? Well, if you are not sure what to do with the AE shocks but like them anyway, id suggest rebuilding them with new seals - use plenty of green slime, and new unobtainium or MIP shafts. This'll make the movement of the shock very slick and might transform your car. Have you persuaded Andy to let you have his spare AE shocks?? ;)
I noticed your car became noisey. Have you discovered the cause? Mine seemed quiet, I had put some silicone (diff) grease on my gears for the first time, and I reckon it helps in the nois department.
Chris
hes not havin them, if he wants them, he will hav to pay :p
yep chris, i really, really liked my car with the new shocks.
The losi shocks have completely transformed my car. thanks alot chris for buildin them up for me. the AE shocks i had on before were just shocking [:cool:]
my car is soooo much smoother, round corners and is much nicer to drive.
thanks chris,
Andy
super__dan
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Matt, once the gears are loud, the chances are they're shot and you need new ones whatever, a new idler and diff gear should be not much more than a fiver, check the layshaft too, though that should be OK. Internal gears are a consumable part on any car, they last a lot longer than other parts but they do wear out, once noisy they are likely too far gone!
I much prefer the Losi shocks, it's funny Losi shocks on a B4 seems to make it worse, yet Losi shocks on an X6 seems to make it much better ;)
I hear on the grapevine Chris' X6 took TQ in round 1 yesterday at Teeside by a few seconds and there was a few in the A again :)
Northy
12-02-2007, 03:41 PM
it's funny Losi shocks on a B4 seems to make it worse, yet Losi shocks on an X6 seems to make it much better
Not sure on that one, my B4 seemed better on Losi shocks, it could just be a set-up thing.
G
mattym0310
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Matt, once the gears are loud, the chances are they're shot and you need new ones whatever, a new idler and diff gear should be not much more than a fiver, check the layshaft too, though that should be OK. Internal gears are a consumable part on any car, they last a lot longer than other parts but they do wear out, once noisy they are likely too far gone!
firstly, welldone chris! and all other drivers at teeside.
dan, last saturday night [ a week ago] when the problem was at its worse it has ever been since i got the x6, [it was fine in my b4] i got tired of it and changed all the bearings in my gear box and the idler gear as the diff gear was fine. and everything was setup perfectly except for this horrible noise.
when i first got my x6 i had a problem with the gear box the layshaft seemed to rubbing on something, so i opend it up to check wot was wrong, and everything seemed great, so i used it again and it seemed to stop, and a few weeks ago this problem started again, so i rebuilt it all again, [this was a week after i had just rebuilt my diff] and cleaned it all off [not that it needed it] and rebuilt my slipper, and did this, working on it for hours, and then so i left it b4 racing as i was going to ask you or chris to have a look, but then as i packed away ready to set off to york, it suddenly worked again :o . i got so confused. and now it has started to sound like some horrible tractor. so i changed all the bearings and idler gear, cleaned it all off and still the noise is there. could this be a problem with the gearbox casing???
thanks alot
mattt
[sorry if that makes no sense at all, lol]
Mike Hudson
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
yes thanks andy the X6's i saw yesterday at Teeside looked and performed great round the track it seems most people are moving on from the B4 to eitha the X6 or the Losi XXXCR now so im not being a sheep but ill follow and go get my self an X6 :D and does anyone run a 78 tooth spur and with what pinion for what motor you use on their X6 as ive noticed with an 81 tooth you need to file down th driveshaft abit to prevent it from mangling your spur or change to a 78t spur?
Chrislong
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
Thanks guys,
My X-6 was great yesterday. :)
Mike, good choice. You should come over and im happy to chat at the trackside if need any guidance.
I ran a 78tooth spur for most of the time I have had the car. It works fine. With a 10x2 I gear it 78/20 and with an 11x2 gear it 78/19 (My motors are checkpoint). Yesterday, I ran an 82 spur and it felt better, 10x2 geared 82/22.... I am running a Losi slipper and spur assembly, thats why it is 82tooth and not 81. ;)
AndyM
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
i run a 81 tooth, i havnt had any problems with the driveshafts rubbing on the spur :wtf:
Mike Hudson
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
Hi Chris thanks for the info and that would be much appreciated ill will probably need help with the setup, it will be new to me so I wont have much idea on what settings i shud use thanks again :)
mattym0310
12-02-2007, 04:36 PM
hey scamp, ill give yoo a hand i believe my setup is dialled! and i use AE shocks, it is completely different to chris' so yoo can try both and see wot happens, lol. so will yoo have it for the supercup??? and its a definate buy then??
Mike Hudson
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
yes its a deffinate buy but i will most likely have it before the supercup but im racing my B4 for the last time there it needs a good last event to finish its time served on ;) see if i beat yoo and yor brother matty :p then yoo'll neva have a chance to beat my B4 again haha but i do hope to do as best as ic an with it before its sad end :( but its for the best ill benefit alot more from an X6 :) and i get to have another nice paintjob to have done on the shell :D
mattym0310
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
haha, sorry but it sounds like ur losing a member of your family, lol. and yes of course you will win! :eh?: . it will never happen, might beat andy but u have no chance against me hehe. na i was kiddin lets jus see wot happens
Mike Hudson
12-02-2007, 05:19 PM
someone please tell me where i can get a set of losi shocks for a low price there so expensive from what ive seen
:wtf:
AndyM
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
land of cheapness...
America :cool:
mattym0310
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
scamp, wot andy did with his was he bought himself a brand new CR and then sold that on without the shocks. so if you can find sum1 who will buy it after? or you could put up a thread on the wanted section of the site??
also i personally dont see why you want losi shocks, cos if you build AE ones correctly they are brilliant, for example look at mine, i love them, i prefer them to andys and i already hav a good setup and i have experience with them, and also, since andy got his new shocks ive still been beetin him. so really if you think about it, it isnt the car you drive, its the way you drive it. lol
this is just my view about them. it is up to you what you want to do
AndyM
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
erm....i hav only raced the new shocks once, and i beat yoo,:wtf:
Mike Hudson
13-02-2007, 10:43 AM
erm....i hav only raced the new shocks once, and i beat yoo,:wtf:
actually i seem to remember matty beating yoo in evry heat apart from the final wer he had the most unfortunate breakage and i lapped yoo in the final haha :D i saw tht yoo wer in circles on the slippy mwahahahahahahahahaha
mattym0310
13-02-2007, 12:44 PM
yeah that noise was driving me crazy. i still kind find out wots rong. o well, lol
thanks for the back-up scamp :p but btw, yoo werent in our final, yoo were in the B :wtf:
AndyM
13-02-2007, 12:47 PM
oreet., lets stop arguin,
btw...even if yoo were on our final, yoo probs wud of beet me coz my switch swithched itself off, Chris Long will bak me up :cool:
also, stop arguin, lol
erm...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.