PDA

View Full Version : X62 Finally done!


ChrisCorbett
29-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Finally finished my X6 and am really pleased with it. If it goes as well on the track as it looks it will be awsome.
Appart from the minor problem of nearly blowing my motor up due to not having sensor wire the build was great.
The only thing I have messed up a little (which is nothing new) is gluing the front tyres onto rims. I am starting with Schumacher mini pins (yellow) and seem to have managed to not get the tyre seated in the groove properly and as a result have oval front wheels!!
Does anyone know where I can get these tyres pre glued onto dish rims like the B4 kit ones? If not what are my other options for pre glued wheels and tyres.
Should have learnt my lesson with previous cars...oh well

Cheers

Chequered Flag Racing
29-03-2009, 05:51 PM
The only thing I have messed up a little (which is nothing new) is gluing the front tyres onto rims.

Pop them in the oven @ 125c for 15 mins or so. It should loosen the glue.

ChrisCorbett
29-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Nice one, I'll try that. Cheers

Body Paint
29-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Finally finished my X6 and am really pleased with it. If it goes as well on the track as it looks it will be awsome.
Appart from the minor problem of nearly blowing my motor up due to not having sensor wire the build was great.
The only thing I have messed up a little (which is nothing new) is gluing the front tyres onto rims. I am starting with Schumacher mini pins (yellow) and seem to have managed to not get the tyre seated in the groove properly and as a result have oval front wheels!!
Does anyone know where I can get these tyres pre glued onto dish rims like the B4 kit ones? If not what are my other options for pre glued wheels and tyres.
Should have learnt my lesson with previous cars...oh well

Cheers

I don't know of any 2wd pre glued front tyres.

You will find it much easier to fit schumacher tyres if, before you fit them you turn the tyres inside out and trim about 1 or 2 mm off the bead of the tyre, pop the tyre back the right way and it will sit much nicer on an associated wheel

super__dan
30-03-2009, 11:59 AM
And add a thick rubber band round the tyre to push the tyre onto the bead properly and is seated all the way round.