View Full Version : X-6 setup for off road, tight & twisty
migsy
03-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Hi guys.
As a newby to this car, I was wondering if anybody would be able to point me in the right direction with a good 'setup starting point' for a tight and twisty tack. it's my first time out with it this weekend so i aim to do well. :thumbsup:
cheers.
bigred5765
03-04-2009, 09:44 AM
what surface are you racing on?
burgie
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
A good starting point for the X6 is Ellis Staffords Oswestry (I think) setup.
I run my X6 with that setup, but with 25wt in the back and 30wt in the front with pink springs on the back and orange up front, red pistons all round.
Using the "e-speed" camber thingies gives the car plenty of steering which I calm down if required by moving the shocks as necessary or running more rear toe-in, especially if it's wet.
migsy
03-04-2009, 10:42 AM
hi mate.
Its a fresh cut grass track, not to bumpy but lots of twistys.
Nice-1 chris, i'll try that.
cheers :confused:
super__dan
03-04-2009, 11:13 AM
Just to add you might want to consider a slightly harder front spring, depends on grip level and exactly how twisty I would say. Orange is pretty soft though, I've only ever ran that on clay.
Body Paint
03-04-2009, 11:45 AM
What shocks are you running Migsy? Associated or Losi?
Also where are you running? I see you are in Aberdare, it's the last indoor off-road race of the winter season in Cardiff this sunday if you fancied that. There will be a fair few X-6 there and I'm sure we can give you a few pointers :thumbsup:
migsy
03-04-2009, 01:09 PM
associated at the moment but i will go to the losi as i find them better through bumps at high speed. :thumbsup:
migsy
04-04-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi craig. I was told that there was a meeting at the heath park but then got told there's nothing for another 2 weeks.
I'm not sure if you know but cobra now have a new location in the park but are awaiting planing permission to set-up the stand ready for the out-door season. It should be good.
Body Paint
04-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree, the losi shocks do seem better over the bumps. The AE ones are pretty good indoors tho'
For the loosi shocks go with red piston 35 oil, blue or black losi spring and in the back red piston 30wt oil with a pink losi spring.
Cobra are running indoors at Llanishen this sunday :)
migsy
06-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Hi craig, Sorry i could'nt make it down yesterday had trouble starting the bike in the morning so i ended up with no ride.
are you there on the 16th, theres the LB challenge if i'm correct.
Body Paint
06-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Hi craig, Sorry i could'nt make it down yesterday had trouble starting the bike in the morning so i ended up with no ride.
are you there on the 16th, theres the LB challenge if i'm correct.
Yes you are correct. Unless something else comes up , yes, I will be there :thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.