PDA

View Full Version : XXX-CR First Run


DomRC
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
Finally finished building my new XXX-CR today and took it out for a quick bash in the road outside... oh - my - GOD! I haven't driven a RC car for 14 years or so (Procat) and I was blown away by the performance. In fact it was so fast I got a bit too friendly with the kerb and broke one of the front carriers!

I need to tweek the steering a bit, but overall I was surprised that it was doing wheelies with a 7.5T motor. Is that normal or do I need to adjust something with the set up? It was running with the following:

Orion Vortex 7.5t
25t pinion / 78t spur
Trakpower 4900
Novak GTB (basic profile with reduced drag)

With such a high gear ratio and 'sensible' motor for 2wd, I was surprised to be recreating some of the youtube videos I've seen with out of control xxx-crs with stupidly powerful mamba max systems.

Does this seem normal? Do I just need to be a little less heavy with my left thumb?! :woot:

jono83
05-04-2009, 11:30 PM
Just back the slipper off a little

DomRC
06-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Just back the slipper off a little

Cheers mate, will give that a go.. I assume the ideal point is max acceleration without wheelies then.

Also... is there just one size of schumacher 2wd front tyres? do you just stretch them over the losi wide front wheels or does anybody do a slightly wider 2wd front tyre?

Cheers :thumbsup:

the mad1
06-04-2009, 01:17 PM
could always use 4wd fronts buddy as they are a little wider

lochness42
06-04-2009, 01:55 PM
could always use 4wd fronts buddy as they are a little wider

Yeah that could work

Maybe you'll be lucky and you'll get some older narrower wheels, otherwise you have to stretch them.

the mad1
06-04-2009, 02:22 PM
if you look on ebay i got a load of sets of narrow wheels for my xxx off "munmod" i think it was and they are dirt cheap aswell

here is what i bought
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BALLISTIC-BUGGY-F-R-WHEELS-LOSI-ASSOC-1-10-W11-W12_W0QQitemZ220377359785QQihZ012QQcategoryZ140982 QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262 ?_trksid=p1742.m153.l1262

Tom3012
06-04-2009, 02:46 PM
Just stretch them over the wide losi wheels... it gives them a better "flat" profile as apposed to a round one...

The slipper should slip for 2ish yards.... For example, when your stationary and give it the full beans, there should be a "Squeal" for about 2 yards

Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong :thumbsup: