PDA

View Full Version : B4 2009, what mods are you doing?


MHeadling
06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Hi Guys, Im just about to build up a B4 as iv got enough spares to build one. (still going to run the X6)

I was wondering what mods etc they were doing for the 09 season?

I am thinking:

-Non graphite chassis, there is only 2 right? carbon and composite? I am thinking the AS9560 composite is the one cragg etc use?

- ghea brass bulk head and rear toe in block 3.5 or 4 degree?

- J Concepts shell

- Strip of lead under lipo, or brass batt strap?

- White ball links? or shall I put black ones on it?

- iv read about using black ball joints on the steering rack for different bump steer? has any one tried this out? I read it on the ae forum

let me know what mods your doing to the B4 for 09,pics of your rides would be good! :thumbsup:

Tom3012
06-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Slim carbon fibre chassis is the mod ill be running on the B4 :thumbsup:

thom.p
06-04-2009, 01:09 PM
The '09 version comes standard with plastic chassis and i think thats what most people run.

As for mod's I've only put some lead in it and changed the ballcups to RPM ones. (just for looks though:))


Anyway here's mine:

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/members/rallyking-albums-team-associated-rc10b4-ft-picture8567-b4.jpg

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/members/rallyking-albums-team-associated-rc10b4-ft-picture8568-b4.jpg

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/members/rallyking-albums-team-associated-rc10b4-ft-picture8572-b4.jpg

http://www.modelbouwforum.nl/forums/members/rallyking-albums-team-associated-rc10b4-ft-picture8570-b4.jpg

MHeadling
06-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Im also going to put on a Black gear cover ( looks! )

FT blue shock bushings

Blue FT 4-40 nuts on all ball joints

Nice car there Thom!

chb
07-04-2009, 03:16 PM
- ghea brass bulk head and rear toe in block 3.5 or 4 degree?



What is the rear toe in block (part number ?) ?

Where can I find info on rear toe-in of B4 ? What is the stock toe-in ?
The b4 manual treats every subject except that one. Is it taboo ?

MHeadling
07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
The rear blocks are on http://www.rymartracing.co.uk/page_1227178049729.html

Very Nice!! :thumbsup:

chb
07-04-2009, 05:46 PM
What about the stock b4 toe-in ? Is it 3, 4, 5...? degrees

Gayo
07-04-2009, 09:07 PM
3° on each wheel...:)

chb
07-04-2009, 09:45 PM
The full 3degrees into the rear brace ? Is that correct

i.e. 9584 are 0degrees rear hub carrier

Gayo
08-04-2009, 07:42 AM
Yes, they are on the rear brace, in front of the arms. Stock hubs are 0.