PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG???


bald eagle
07-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi,
I have some losi axles here, but not sure if they are the bk2 ones needed for the x6? How long are the bk2/mip/x6 optional ones please? cheers.

elektrobuggy
07-04-2009, 10:55 AM
They are ~2,45mm (transfered from inch dimension) longer than the B4 ones. So if you have the B4 ones assembled you can easy compare.

/norbert

super__dan
07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
When we say longer it is the drive pin hole is further out than the B4 one, I think actual length to end of thread is the same.

bald eagle
07-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Hi,
Ok, do we have a measurement for the hole to the end of the thread then please? Cheers :)

super__dan
07-04-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm in work so no from me but you need to measure the other way i.e. from hole it inner(CVD) edge as that is the critical dimension, thread length probably varies slightly.

elektrobuggy
08-04-2009, 04:57 AM
From the axial reference face to the middle of the pin the B4 is 15,8 and the BK is 18,3mm rounded to 1/10 of millimeter ( I am not familiar with imperial, sorry). So as sayed before it is a diff. of 2,45-2,5mm. The dim from the thread is not importent as stated already from super_dan.

The pic shows both axles with the dims. I measured right now again.

YoungChazz
08-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Really good when somebody who knows what they are doing posts it up clear and simple. Thanks, Elektro!

bald eagle
08-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Yep, thanks very much matey.. Now where did i put my digital vernier..?:woot:

elektrobuggy
08-04-2009, 06:10 PM
A pleasure to support and give something back.