PDA

View Full Version : Filling in the blanks!


Garry Driffill
07-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Im in the midst of getting my X-5² sorted, I assume people are using resin to fill in the cell slots if there running LiPo stickpack on the battery side aswell as the electronics side too?

Does double sided tape stick well to a dried resin serface too if i were to fill in the speed controller side too?

Also what are people using to keep in place under the chasis during this to stop the wet smelly gunk falling through the chasis too?

Thanks a bunch!

jono83
07-04-2009, 10:51 PM
Hey

When filling the slots on my car I stuck some gaffer tape on the underside of the chassis slots and jus peeled it off when it was all dry. I used double sided no more nails tape with out any issues

Jono

Garry Driffill
07-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Cool, Sounds good Jono.

Did it leave a nice neat fush finish or did it take any of the gaffer tape with it?

Id also like to have it so its black too, i guess i could paint over it so it looks a little neater, Or maybe adding black dye to the resin mix?..

Got any ideas on that side of things?

jono83
07-04-2009, 11:00 PM
What you could do is grind up an old wishbone or summat and mix the dust in with resin you would have a pretty close colour match then. What I also did was where you can see the tape through the top of the chassis was smear a tiny bit of lube to act as a release agent this way the tape doesn't pull any of the resin off and gives you a nice flush finish.

Garry Driffill
07-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Top banana! :thumbsup:

jono83
07-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Happy to help:)

Body Paint
08-04-2009, 08:13 AM
I used sellotape on the bottom of the chassis, worked a treat and came off dead easy.

Servo tape will stick to dried resin about a million times better than it will stick to the fresh air that is currently enhabbiting the cell slots in your chassis ;):lol:

ps. Don't forget to rough up the edges of the slots to get a good bond, I forgot the first time I did it and they all fell out...DOH!

Garry Driffill
08-04-2009, 08:48 AM
:lol: quality - i'll ruff em' up!

YoungChazz
08-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I hear my dog now: "Ruff, Ruff!"

Garry Driffill
08-04-2009, 03:40 PM
:blush: Ok i have poor spelling