PDA

View Full Version : Best Ball Cups available


chb
09-04-2009, 10:25 PM
I am wondering which Ball Cups (=Rod Ends, Ball Ends) to get for a b4

After a few searches on this forum, I didn't find a dedicated thread...

However, I found some info and the following cups mentioned:

# RPM
# LOSI
# JConcepts
# Associated #7230(b4 defaults) or #6274
# fastrax
# ... any other?

Main concern is quality such that they are not loose(no friction either) on the ball

Thanks for your opinion

KennyClark
09-04-2009, 11:11 PM
Lunsford are my personal choice.

dan r
09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
i tried the lunsford ballcups
but they are extremely difficult to adjust at race meetings

Jez
10-04-2009, 12:50 AM
kyosho new grey ones [h] are pretty good.bent track rod on my fs before ball joint even considered popping off.rpm good especially long ones that really grip so wont strip threads on side impact.ta jez.

ben44
10-04-2009, 07:03 AM
For me it's ABEC 35 (http://www.abec35.com). All price, all precision. You can chose what you like.

super__dan
10-04-2009, 09:13 AM
For me it's ABEC 35 (http://www.abec35.com). All price, all precision. You can chose what you like.

Thought they were bearings?

Anyway I'm a long term fan or RPM ones!

enfieldbanana
10-04-2009, 09:30 AM
RPM....plus they come in pretty colours :)

chb
11-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Lunsford are my personal choice.

Unless I'm wrong, they are made by RPM. Are they not even the same as RPM?

chb
11-04-2009, 12:14 AM
kyosho new grey ones [h] are pretty good.bent track rod on my fs before ball joint even considered popping off.rpm good especially long ones that really grip so wont strip threads on side impact.ta jez.

Do you have a ref number for those ?
are they exact/accurate size for asso studs ?

jayst
11-04-2009, 12:31 AM
rpm or losi white 1s

MikePimlott
11-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Since using the Jconcepts ones ive never gone back to RPM or associated ones. never popped a ball cup off using the Jconcepts ones, really good.

MHeadling
11-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Yes J Concepts ones are really good! Easy to adjust and nice and tight on the ball stud!

MK Racing has them in stock, White or Black the choice is yours!

Mike Hudson
11-04-2009, 02:10 PM
For me depending on whats available at the time has to be JConcepts, RPM or Lunsford, All very good strength/fit. Never liked the losi or associated cups as always used to have badluck with them popping off when it really mattered :(

AndyM
11-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Another vote for RPM :thumbsup:
Very strong and never had one pop off.. yet!

I'm not a fan of either Losi or JConcepts. The losi ones always seem to be popping off on other people's cars, and when I ran Jconcepts ones it only took a few small knocks to see stress/bend marks on them. I changed them for RPM ones so they didn't snap :).

colmo
22-05-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm looking for some RPM ones right now - need a replacement + spares.

I found some at MK Racing and listed on PodiumRC, as well as direct from the States via eBay - does anywhere else sell them?

Lightblue
22-05-2009, 09:54 AM
http://www.microtechracing.com//product_info.asp?name=RPM+ROD+ENDS+FOR+ASSOCIATED+ %2D+WHITE+%2812%29&ID=15127&Pcat=SPARES&cat=TC3

colmo
22-05-2009, 10:00 AM
http://www.microtechracing.com//product_info.asp?name=RPM+ROD+ENDS+FOR+ASSOCIATED+ %2D+WHITE+%2812%29&ID=15127&Pcat=SPARES&cat=TC3

Thanks - I could have sworn I checked Microtech's site...I found searching for 'RPM Rod Ends' yielded the best results, including the blue ones I was looking for to match :)

I also found some at DMS-Racing, btw.

Darren Boyle
22-05-2009, 10:10 AM
We have both lengths (long and short) and all colours (blue, yellow and black, plus white in the short ones too) in stock at the moment......

colmo
22-05-2009, 10:15 AM
We have both lengths (long and short) and all colours (blue, yellow and black, plus white in the short ones too) in stock at the moment......

As ever, I find myself trying to fiddle other things into an order to make P&P worth it...

c0sie
25-06-2009, 05:32 PM
For what it is worth...im currently using Losi greys (long ones). They are rock solid, and will never break or bend, but are a BITCH to adjust :( even with grease on the thread.

Ive used blue RPM's and found that they are soft and bendy, they showed signs of my crashes and did not stay straight for long.

The JConcepts ones are really nice although I was plagued with the rear weird shaped ballcups popping off alot for some reason :(

B44&501xRacerEX
29-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Another vote for RPM :thumbsup:
Very strong and never had one pop off.. yet!

Had mine on the car for 2 years and have not bended or came off 1 time.
For some reason it makes the car stronger too, I rarley break an A-arm.