View Full Version : XX4 tight lipo?
matthewjtovey
11-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi
Ive just put a stickpack lipo in my xx4 after looking at pics of others and it seems to be very tight against the motor, even touching it. And it doesn't matter how much i mess with it I cant get enough clearance.
Any ideas that might help? Anyone had the same problem or know how to sort it?
Thanks guys
Matt
jono83
11-04-2009, 07:04 PM
buy an x5 conversion lol
lochness42
11-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Hi
Ive just put a stickpack lipo in my xx4 after looking at pics of others and it seems to be very tight against the motor, even touching it. And it doesn't matter how much i mess with it I cant get enough clearance.
Any ideas that might help? Anyone had the same problem or know how to sort it?
Thanks guys
Matt
You shoud have no problems with LRP/NOSRAM and ThunderPower LiPo's - at least from my experience. Try to compare dimensions with these batteries.
nikos2002
12-04-2009, 05:27 PM
I use the trakpower/smc lipo and have a few mil between the battery and motor. I have had the battery move forward after a hard hit and touch the motor it must have run that way a few minutes, it was OL but obviously not ideal.
I have seen a b4 strap used to hold the battery place. Also someone glue something in to brace the battery.
ashleyb4
12-04-2009, 05:42 PM
It might be a diffrence in gearing bigger spur and pinion could result in the motor benig pushed thurther back.
A
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.