PDA

View Full Version : xxx bk2 tires


chuckie
15-04-2009, 10:29 PM
hi guys,
I'm looking for some tires to drive my bk2 on the streets, the standard-tires are turned into slicks now :blush: so I need some new ones that will last longer,
another thing; when I've glued my tires to my wheels, they keep coming off, I'm driving a mamba 5700, but this can't possibly be the problem.. which glue should I use?
thanks!

Danny McGee
16-04-2009, 01:48 PM
hi guys,
I'm looking for some tires to drive my bk2 on the streets, the standard-tires are turned into slicks now :blush: so I need some new ones that will last longer,
another thing; when I've glued my tires to my wheels, they keep coming off, I'm driving a mamba 5700, but this can't possibly be the problem.. which glue should I use?
thanks!

In my opinion any tyres will do for the streets. After all your probably only going up an down like i would.

As for the tyres, losi tyres have a reslease agent on them as they come straight from the mould so i would suggest getting some motor spray and giving them a good clean around the beads. That what most of us guys do in order to stop them coming off. As for glue theres loads to choose from, have a word with a shop, im sure they'll be able to point you in the right direction.

Danny

The Doctor
16-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Any superglue will do the job. Best to roughen up the rims first with a small file. You should only need 4 small drops around the tyre at 12, 3, 6, 9 o'clock positions.

Any tyres really; they'll be bald pretty quickly whatever you get, but go for something in a hard compound to get max life out of them.

migsy
17-04-2009, 09:46 AM
A good glue to use on tires is the hobby bolsar glue. it's in a pink bottle and when it goes off, unless your good with a scalpleblade it wont come off the rims. :thumbsup: