View Full Version : B44 70g Brass Battery Tray for Lipos
RudeTony
17-04-2009, 06:31 AM
Once again, David Burton has designed a great battery tray for additional weight .... this time for the Associated B44 ...... the high quality brass used comes in at 70g and is perfect for Lipos.... sits right on the chassis and is the perfect size for the legal Liposl......don't forget that he also has designed a brass brace for the B4 2wd that adds 60g and even comes with your name on it ......photos here soon
gazhillAE
17-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Any contact details to get hold of one of these might aswell try one :thumbsup:
Scouser
17-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Deffo be interested in this, look forward to seeing the pictures.:thumbsup:
RudeTony
17-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry for the delay in posting the pics - and also I apologise for the dirty car that I haven't had time to actually clean after the last race event....cost of the battery tray is £28 including postage to a UK address - slightly more for Europe - please remember it's a high quality brass that is used, a standard graphite tray is some £18 and the price does include postage......my contacts details are as follows
Tony Evdoka
Email:
[email protected]
Phone: 01344 876087
Mobile: 07876 664422
Scouser
17-04-2009, 08:15 PM
That looks really nice, any idea on the price an turn round time?:thumbsup:
RudeTony
17-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Ammended post - now listed
mikeyscott
17-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry, just see the sig - Tony Evodka. Blimey welcome back, I stepped away in about 1996 due to student / work constraints.
Can you come and work your club running magic at Titchfield..
Scouser
17-04-2009, 08:47 PM
I'll be in touch re the battery holders next week dude.;)
RudeTony
17-04-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi yah - Yes back after some 8 years away - business too good and tired of working 7 days a week so racing is the answer for me now - good to hear from you all - looking forward in seeing you all soon
mikeyscott
17-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Welcome back. I suppose I bit like me, career doing ok in IT and spending a bit of money. Next up an R32 MK5 :)
I never forget the event you did with Chris Wilkinson etc. in Southampton :)
Mike Hudson
17-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Looks good but looks like an identicle copy of the ft cf tray apart from having it brass?
I like it and would of maybe bought one if I didn't already have the ft cf tray but I don't think the B44 needs any additional weight anywhere with lipo nor does the B4, only had to change the setups slightly to calm the cars down abit, I tried adding weight to both cars and didn't like it, they both handle better and easier to get a setup right without the extra weight. Only my opinion though :thumbsup: Nice work :)
RudeTony
17-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Hi yah Mike - yes you are right - it is the exact copy of the factory one but in brass - it has actually been changed slightly as it's filled in in the centre part that adds the weight right in the middle of the car which of course is PERFECT......I have to say that I run the B44 with a good set up with NiCads - then tried it with the Lipos on the same set up and I noticed the car kicking up the rear over bumpy sections - I also found it very very lively without weight at the back - then tried the brass tray and agian a matter of opinions it made the car feel spot on for me - - - - I have to say this is not a matter of a money thing, we are simply making these to help drivers out there torn between what they already know with the weight and the big difference of the much lighter Lipo batts - like I said for me and David the car was so so much better - may I also add that Ryan a top driver for Associated quoted that when he run the B44, he run it with Lipo and a brass tray.....for sure room for thought.....
RudeTony
19-04-2009, 07:24 PM
OK lads - so many orders that we are now unfortunately working on a 7-8 day turnaround - I know it's nice but easy all....it takes just under 4 hours for the machine to cut one......thanks to all for the interest.....see you all soon
RudeTony
22-04-2009, 08:53 AM
PM sent to those that are interested......
Lee Martin
22-04-2009, 11:19 AM
looks good ton!
I'll second that it looks very cool.
These wont be cheap to make either, think of the wasted brass.
RudeTony
23-04-2009, 06:41 AM
£25 lads plus postage secured at £3 - £28 all in and YES a lot of waste which cannot be helped and hence the price.....good though
RudeTony
02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
As an addition to the popular tray and reguests by many.
We have now designed the braces for the B44 Lipos in the same high quality brass. The weight is an additional 68g.
See here and as usual if anyone is interested then either post here or email me
[email protected]
RudeTony
12-05-2009, 06:52 AM
Team Associated Paul Bradby and Lee Martin (current 4wd British Champion), are now both running the high quality brass tray by RudeBits in their Associated B44 cars - next batch is due in for mid next week so let me know if you need one before they all go again -
[email protected] or post/pm here - see you all soon, Tony Evdoka
Kusal
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Any idea with which lipos they are running (what is the weight of the used lipos?)?
And what is the final weight of their cars?
Thanks.
RudeTony
15-05-2009, 06:19 AM
I do believe the Paul is running Ready and I am not sure on Lees car as he recently signed a new deal but it doesn't matter what Lipos, as our tray is designed with a small gap to allow for slight differences in the different Lipos. Lipos are generally some 140-150g lighter than the Nicads batteries and therefore the tray weighs in at 70g allowing the car to be either slightly lighter and be able to move the remainder of the weight around or weighs in at 138g with the top brass straps making in more or less the same as prior set ups with the Nicads - The majority of the weight of the tray is right in the middle of the chassis in the spot that it simply can't get better - Hope this helps you.
The next batch of trays are due in this week coming and we hope to get them all out for everyone for next weekend - let me know if you need out as they are nearly all sold again
Tony Evdoka
bald eagle
16-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi, does this fit the bj4we too?:)
Wraggy
16-05-2009, 10:57 AM
I do believe the Paul is running Ready and I am not sure on Lees car as he recently signed a new deal
Tony Evdoka
i can confirm they are both running Reedy Lipos :)
RudeTony
17-05-2009, 04:23 AM
Hi, does this fit the bj4we too?:)
Hi yah - Not sure about the BJ4 but if you send me your original we can have it drawn up on the CAD machine and get it done for you - same goes for any other part that you may want on any model car
Thanks Tony
c0sie
17-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Hi Tony,
Do you have stock of the lipo tray's at all?
Thanks
Cris
RudeTony
18-05-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi Tony,
Do you have stock of the lipo tray's at all?
Thanks
Cris
Hi Chris - the trays are due in this week as the last batch got sold a lot quicker than I thought. They will be available and can be posted to arrive for everyone by this coming weekend
Tony Evdoka
mark christopher
18-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Tony pm please
Looks good but looks like an identicle copy of the ft cf tray apart from having it brass?
I like it and would of maybe bought one if I didn't already have the ft cf tray but I don't think the B44 needs any additional weight anywhere with lipo nor does the B4, only had to change the setups slightly to calm the cars down abit, I tried adding weight to both cars and didn't like it, they both handle better and easier to get a setup right without the extra weight. Only my opinion though :thumbsup: Nice work :)
I agree adding weight does not make sense. But the usefulness of this brass part is to get the car back into the legal weight limit :thumbsup:. When you have to add weight, this is the best place.
Congratulation for the work, it's very nice. 4hours machin time...So it seems like you've got a small CNC machine ? That's great
RudeTony
20-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I agree adding weight does not make sense. But the usefulness of this brass part is to get the car back into the legal weight limit :thumbsup:. When you have to add weight, this is the best place.
Congratulation for the work, it's very nice. 4hours machin time...So it seems like you've got a small CNC machine ? That's great
Nearly right - 180K worth of Wire Eroding machine actually - found out today that it's accurate to 1/200th of a millimeter.....The car actually performs a lot better with the 70g weight in the back rather than 140g lighter all on the back end compared between Lipo and Nicads - Hope that all makes sense :)
c0sie
21-05-2009, 07:05 AM
Eyup Tony,
Did you recieve my payment?
Ta :)
Cris
RudeTony
21-05-2009, 07:27 AM
Yep - Ta - they are being made as we speak - will advise as soon as I have them in my hand - Tony Evdoka
RudeTony
23-05-2009, 07:20 AM
The Brass B44 Trays are now in and will be posted to everyone that wants one on Tuesday Morning (Bank Holiday Monday) - to those that want one please sent me a PM for payment/postage/address details.....After all the orders there are only 5 left so it has to be a first come fist serve scenario - many thanks all and speak soon.....
paul01ews
28-05-2009, 01:24 AM
Hi Tony, Payment sent.
Can you confirm all ok please.
Paul Newman.:thumbsup:
RudeTony
28-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Hi Paul
Sent yesterday matey - let me know how happy your are when you get it
:woot: :thumbsup: :D
Cheers Tony E.
Jamie B4
28-05-2009, 07:25 AM
Tony,
Have you got any left and will you be at oswestry this weekend for me to have a look
Jamie
RudeTony
28-05-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi Jamie
I am at Oswestry at the weekend and yes I will have some with me BUT catch me ASAP as a lot of people want them and you have to get in there first as they say :)
See you at the weekend
Tony Evdoka
c0sie
28-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Recieved the plate today Tony, its like a work of art!
Thanks fella, was a pleasure dealing with you :)
paul01ews
28-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi Tony,
Just reading your reply and looking through todays mail and there it was! :thumbsup:
Very nice indeed,:drool: i will get it in my sons car now but very pleased so far.
Paul.
RudeTony
29-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Excellent lads - happy they got there OK.
A few tips if I may!!!
To fit or to remove and refit fit quickly, either when cleaning the car or whatever other reason .....take off the centre rear plastic 'U' support between the upper and lower chassis, the one that holds the spur/slipper. This gives you a lot more room to play with when the brass tray or being fitted or removed.
Tip 2 - This all depends on what Lipo batteries you are running.....ALL lipos fit the tray but some of them are slightly taller so simply turn the thumb screws upside down and everything fits in real tight.
Hope this helps a little.
Cheers all and if there is anything you need then just shout......
Tony Evdoka
mattym0310
29-05-2009, 01:16 PM
hi Tony, the battery tray came this morning, thanks for a great quality product and excellent service :thumbsup:
RudeTony
29-05-2009, 05:02 PM
No probs Matt - glad you're happy
Tony Evdoka
PS - maybe see some of you at the National this weekend
RudeTony
31-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Well - well - well
I suppose I have to say it since no one else has had the chance.
4wd - National Oswestry 31st May 2009
Lee Martin - TQ and Win
Neil Cragg - 2nd in Main A
Paul Bradby - 3rd in main A
All using the RudeBits brass battery tray for their Lipo packs in their 4wd Associated B44s.
I suppose that says it all - I know it's cheaky but it's also factual.....
Only a few left if anyone wants one - the next batch will be a near forthnight away....
ps ---- Concrats to Oswestry as well for a great event with great organisation - well done all involved - Tony Evdoka
nobby
31-05-2009, 10:14 PM
p.m. sent
CBRDEAN0
02-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Picked mine up at Oswestry on Sunday - great fit and finish - thanks Tony
RudeTony
02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi all and thanks for all the comments and PMs sent.
Extremely happy that all are satisfied.....
Due to the poplularity a new web page is now up and running and purchases can now be made direct through there or here as usual.
Check out www.rudebits.co.uk (http://www.rudebits.co.uk) for all the info and new products that may be produced
Thanks again Tony Evdoka
Nick K
04-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Recived one today fine pice of work .
Thanks for the fast delivery :thumbsup:
gerbil
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
got mine on thursday great product cheers mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:
MiCk B.
12-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Mine arrived as well.
Just have to fit it for the week-end.
MiCk B. :-)
c0sie
17-06-2009, 07:50 AM
Tony,
Recieved the brass battery straps for the B44 yesterday, another work of art :)
Thanks fella, has been a pleasure dealing with you :)
Cris
RudeTony
22-06-2009, 07:14 AM
Hi all
Firstly thank you for the kind words - I have always tried to get items out ASAP because as a racer myself, I know how important this is....
I would like to apologise for those that wanted some parts this weekend National at EPR and I couldn't deliver on the spot - there has been so many orders that it has been difficult to make such quantity and still have some stock with me at the meeting. Just email me or order though the website to get yours for the next time www.rudebits.co.uk (http://www.rudebits.co.uk/) or email me at
[email protected] (
[email protected])
ps - Another TQ and 2nd on the grid for RudeBits - Neil Cragg TQed and Lee Martin 2nd - 2 Nationals in a row now cars with RudeBits right at the top .....
Thanks again to everyone
Picked up my B44 battery tray on Saturday at the Eden Park National and used it to great success on Sunday qualifying 3rd in C and finishing 2nd.
Top quality product that just makes the car work better!!
RudeTony
23-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi yah JB - that's what makes it worth while - great result for you mate, well done.....
Lipo trays now back in stock lads, so anyone that didn't get one at the weekend they can go direct to www.rudebits.co.uk (http://www.rudebits.co.uk) and I will post with 24 hours
Laters all
mintzant
23-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi!!! i would like to ask you what buggy 4x4 (1/10) i have to buy!tamiya, yokomo,kyosho,losi or associated?
RudeTony
23-06-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi!!! i would like to ask you what buggy 4x4 (1/10) i have to buy!tamiya, yokomo,kyosho,losi or associated?
My choice is Associated B44 as spares are readylly available.
The Yokomo is good as well.
Losi a good car but hard to get spares in the UK.
Go for B44
All the best
mintzant
23-06-2009, 08:52 PM
look i have a df-03 ms tamiya but i'm not so satisfy!
mintzant
23-06-2009, 08:55 PM
and what about hb cyclone d4 or tamiya 511?
b44 is a very good choice but i think is very old car!
RudeTony
23-06-2009, 09:01 PM
and what about hb cyclone d4 or tamiya 511?
b44 is a very good choice but i think is very old car!
It still wins and that is all that matters - I think all the other cars even if they are good, they have issues with getting spares - B44 is the way to go for me anyways
Darren Boyle
23-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Losi a good car but hard to get spares in the UK.
How do you work that one out Tony?? There is very rarely a problem with their spares in the UK at all :confused:
Dont be all confused now or blinkered..........LOL
ashleyb4
23-06-2009, 10:33 PM
I thought the same darren lol. xx4 all the way!!!!!!
A
ex-sco77morgan
24-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Nothing to do with the link but made me laugh should obviously be AshleyXX4 instead :confused:
RudeTony
24-06-2009, 06:37 AM
How do you work that one out Tony?? There is very rarely a problem with their spares in the UK at all :confused:
Dont be all confused now or blinkered..........LOL
Maybe the majority of the spares are still available Darren (my mistake) but the B44 HAS TQed, and 2nd on the grid for the last 2 nationals making it value for money to say the least - Oh! with RudeBits brass parts on of course!!! :p
c0sie
24-06-2009, 07:15 AM
And this thread is about Tonys brilliant B44 tray......isnt it?
Oh, Tony, how much does your B44 weigh, all in, with the tray and straps?
Cheers mate :)
Cris
RudeTony
24-06-2009, 07:24 AM
Oh, Tony, how much does your B44 weigh, all in, with the tray and straps?
Cheers mate :)
Cris
Mine at EPR National was in at 1660g BUT I have some metal bulkheads front and rear in mine - without them it should be 20g over the limit with the brass tray in - obviously with Lipos mate
c0sie
24-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Cheers fella. By metla bulkheads, are you refering to the Factory Team front and rear shock tower bulkheads?
I was working out that Pidge's Reedy cells, plus the straps, plus the tray (420g-ish) weighed about 100g less than my 3200 TP cells, straps and tray (325g-ish). Im just wondering whether it would be worthwhile adding some more weight in to get it closer to that kinda weight?
RudeTony
24-06-2009, 07:34 AM
Cheers fella. By metla bulkheads, are you refering to the Factory Team front and rear shock tower bulkheads?
The bulkheads I am running are Hot Racing ones mate - I have been playing with some different settings for them on the front end - nothing conclusive yet. Some Lipos are different weight and that's why you will see some of the top AE drivers run with the tray and some with tray and straps by obviously RudeBits.
I found running the tray all the time good on it's own BUT if the grip is high.
When the grip drops off a little then I add the straps that give additional 50g - then the car is great again - a lot are doing this and it works - Not sure on Lees car - he seems to run the tray and the straps all the time but on the other hand he can hanndle the added grip factor :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.