PDA

View Full Version : Tower and bones


bald eagle
18-04-2009, 07:06 PM
I broke a rear wishbone on my x6 the other night. I have been advised that if I get another pair of wishbones to replace the one I broke, they are "handed", so if i go and break the same side again, I will have to buy another pair of wishbones. I want to know has anyone tried the squared tower and wishbones on their old version x6? Will I only need the tower and wishbones or other bits? What is the reason for having to buy the tower?? will the gometery be different? :bored::confused:

Big E
18-04-2009, 09:21 PM
You will only need the wishbones and the tower.

Reason you need the tower is it corrects the geometry back to how we wanted it with the bent arms. So if you ran inside hol on the tower with the old arms to get teh same you run inside hole on the new tower.

If you tr and run the straight arms with the old tower you will hae big time droop, limited uptravel and it just won't feel the same.

So basically with the new arms and tower it will feel the same as the old arms and tower no mater if it is the old car or the squared.

Hope that clears it up.

E.

bald eagle
18-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Many thanks E... splendid explanation :thumbsup: