PDA

View Full Version : rb5 worlds


Jez
22-04-2009, 07:26 PM
just rebuilding rb5 for nrx and unsure which way round rear wishbones go.are they same way as in rb5 manual or not.havent got worlds leaflet.thanks for any replies,jez.

Fabs
22-04-2009, 07:35 PM
They go like on the normal RB5 but there's 3 holes for the shocks.

Don't forget to put a screw in the outer hole at the back of the wishbone to strengthen it.

Jez
22-04-2009, 07:38 PM
They go like on the normal RB5 but there's 3 holes for the shocks.

Don't forget to put a screw in the outer hole at the back of the wishbone to strengthen it.thanks very much.

Northy
22-04-2009, 09:52 PM
They go like on the normal RB5 but there's 3 holes for the shocks.

Don't forget to put a screw in the outer hole at the back of the wishbone to strengthen it.

What's this screw business all about? :confused:

G

hopsing
22-04-2009, 10:01 PM
What's this screw business all about? :confused:

G


You run a screw through the middle hole of the "looped" shock mounting location on the mid arms. You should have a spacer in there as well (like if a shock were mounted in there). It helps strengthen the arm in that area. It is fairly well known among K-car drivers that the arm can break right through that section if you catch a pipe just right with the rear tire.

Northy
22-04-2009, 10:04 PM
OK boss, but middle hole or outer hole? Fabs says middle.....

G

hopsing
22-04-2009, 10:09 PM
OK boss, but middle hole or outer hole? Fabs says middle.....

G


I said middle......didnt I? Fabs said outer. ;) Everyone I know does it through the middle hole...

Northy
22-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Boss

Fabs
22-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I just put it as per instructions... It's better off in the outer hole IMHO but you do as you want.

In all honesty it would take a bit hit to break the wishbone, I did one but that was me being silly doing wheelies in the workshop and catching a table's leg :blush:

Fabs
22-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Boss

hopsing
22-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I just put it as per instructions... It's better off in the outer hole IMHO but you do as you want.

In all honesty it would take a bit hit to break the wishbone, I did one but that was me being silly doing wheelies in the workshop and catching a table's leg :blush:

Yup, in a year of running this car, I broke my first midarm through the shock location this past weekend catching the corner of a pipe on tight 90 deg turn. I have never run the screw in my arms.....until maybe now :)

RogerM
23-04-2009, 12:05 PM
Fitted a screw into the outer hole of mine after rubbing (I mean rubbing too) the track markers at Kiddy and breaking one. Before that the arms had been on the car for well over a year without issue ..... I guess they were due retirement at that age anyway!

niggs98
24-04-2009, 12:01 PM
not had a prob at all but after reading this i will add one. is anyone else having probs with the rear holes on the T-piece ripping out as i have done 2 now although i am using the plastic hingepin braces so will going to alloy help to cure this ???????

dbizzle5
24-04-2009, 12:07 PM
not had a prob at all but after reading this i will add one. is anyone else having probs with the rear holes on the T-piece ripping out as i have done 2 now although i am using the plastic hingepin braces so will going to alloy help to cure this ???????

I have this problem. Have been through a few myself. Im running the plastic ones aswell but Sharpy has the alloy ones and he has the same problem.:confused: They havnt ripped out on me but I keep noticing they have broke around the hole.

hopsing
24-04-2009, 04:46 PM
not had a prob at all but after reading this i will add one. is anyone else having probs with the rear holes on the T-piece ripping out as i have done 2 now although i am using the plastic hingepin braces so will going to alloy help to cure this ???????

I have this problem. Have been through a few myself. Im running the plastic ones aswell but Sharpy has the alloy ones and he has the same problem.:confused: They havnt ripped out on me but I keep noticing they have broke around the hole.

The two very rear ones on the T-plate? I run the alloy rear suspension mount on my car. I have had the holes get a slight crack before. What I have found is a dab of blue loctite on the screws and snug them up. Dont overtighten the screws, thats when you start compressing the plastic around the holes and actually crack the t-plate.

Lee
26-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Northy loved the RB5 so much today he went and bought an X6 for the final :lol:

Fabs
27-04-2009, 07:28 AM
That's a bit quick :cry:

RogerM
27-04-2009, 12:10 PM
I do as Hopsing suggests and never had a problem.