View Full Version : Atomic Carbon
darkhawk22
24-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Hey just wanted to send a quick note about my experience. I purchased some front and rear shock tower mounts from Atomic Carbon for my Lazer ZX-5 a few days ago and was able to pay via Paypal. Jonathan quickly sent a note acknowledging the order and advised delivery. Items arrived sooner than expected and in the install went without a hitch. The parts are made well and are a precision fit. Thanks to the guys over at Atomic Carbon. As more funds become available I might add the top deck and chassis. Oh yea also they sent over some nice logo stickers with the order.
Yes I could have went with a less expensive alternative but I felt that with dealing directly with the manufacturer and racer I would get better service and a better product. All seems to be true!
Thanks guys!
Cheers!
I've had mixed results with AC.
On the one hand the RB5 towers are great.
On the other hand the ZX5 ones I got weren't thick enough and didn't last very long.
SimonW
24-04-2009, 07:34 PM
If you specify 4mm thick in your order Jonathan will gladly make you them.
HTH SimonW
kek23k
24-04-2009, 11:00 PM
I got the 4mm front tower for the ZX-5, parts and service were both mint. Shame they haven't done an FS chassis ;)
Richard_Griffiths
25-04-2009, 04:49 PM
I have already asked bout fs parts they replyed unless these is a high damaned they would not produce them
kek23k
25-04-2009, 05:13 PM
It's not really needed, but cf is so damn sexy!
Richard_Griffiths
25-04-2009, 08:27 PM
yes i would love a cf chassis for my fs
but only for looks i dont know how the handling would be affected
J_WOODY
25-04-2009, 08:34 PM
yes i would love a cf chassis for my fs
i may have a tub chassis for you in the pipeline:thumbsup:, i'm making a mold for a b-max in the next few weeks, then i may do the FS in carbon fibre:thumbsup:
kek23k
26-04-2009, 10:11 AM
i may have a tub chassis for you in the pipeline:thumbsup:, i'm making a mold for a b-max in the next few weeks, then i may do the FS in carbon fibre:thumbsup:
That would be awesome, I always wanted the tub for my ZXR back in the day. So this would be the modern equivalent. What sort of pricing are you thinking of? Any examples of your other work for us to drool over? ;)
J_WOODY
26-04-2009, 05:13 PM
That would be awesome, I always wanted the tub for my ZXR back in the day. So this would be the modern equivalent. What sort of pricing are you thinking of? Any examples of your other work for us to drool over? ;)
heres the thread for Tom pattisons slim B-4 which i made the carbon fibre tub for. http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19564&page=2 .
as for pricing, i'm not sure yet, it may require some other parts making, so i'd need to have a closer look at the fs chassis first.
Jay:)
kek23k
26-04-2009, 09:28 PM
*drools*
Hehe, that looks like pretty decent work. Is it proper dry weave? not sure if you would need it to be so thick for the FS. Roger is the man to ask about any potential pitfalls design-wise
Richard_Griffiths
26-04-2009, 09:40 PM
i question if it needs to be a tub at all maybe a flat chassi like the cat would be better
J_WOODY
26-04-2009, 09:41 PM
*drools*
not sure if you would need it to be so thick for the FS. Roger is the man to ask about any potential pitfalls design-wise
Baz Weldon the n.w regional champ is running a lazer fs this season, so i'll have a look over his car, and see what he reckons to possible thickness needed, i've not looked at one close up yet, so i might just end up doing a flat c/f chassis with matching top decks to give some flex.... it'll be a few weeks away anyway, which ever route i take with it
Richard_Griffiths
26-04-2009, 09:52 PM
nice one
a flat 2.5mm chassis is what is needed i think
as for the top deck 2mm would be enought
RogerM
27-04-2009, 12:17 PM
The important thing is to keep the axial stiffness more or less identical to the current plastic chassis!!
IMHO the plastic chassised cars are BETTER than a CF chassis / tub as they tend to flex a little more.
That said the AC S4 / S44 tubs were far more flexible than I imagined they would be.
I'd not be interested in a flat chassis as no undertray is available for the FS. Lots of thought went in the chassis on the Mako I did a few years ago so we could get away with a chassis that was stiff enough along it's length but still had the correct level of axial stiffness.
darkhawk22
05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Here's an updated pic with the Front and Rear CF Shock Mounts installed.
caneye
07-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Here's an updated pic with the Front and Rear CF Shock Mounts installed.
PL dirt hawgs? :woot:
what sort of surface do u race on?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.