View Full Version : What BL motor For my x6
My LRP x11 6.5t just gone pop. So now need a replacement. But what to get.
?????? Your help would be most welcome.:confused:
I have been using a 7.5t since last august its been awesome. Quick enough but not too quick.
_sleigh_
24-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Grab yourself an LRP 6.5t X12, should be awesome pretty much everywhere.
Thanks for the info guys :thumbsup::thumbsup:
CJ Weaver
24-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I highly recommend one of the Tekin Redline motors, depending on the size of the track, you can base the size of the motor off of that. I normally run an 8.5 brushless motor in my 2wd.
JustARcFan
25-04-2009, 09:59 AM
A X12 6.5 is way to fast for a 2wd.
In the real world a X12 6.5 = a 5.5 :bored:
Wacker 2
25-04-2009, 02:28 PM
A X12 6.5 is way to fast for a 2wd.
In the real world a X12 6.5 = a 5.5 :bored:
6.5 is perfect for 2wd - I run a new 6.5 Nosram Pure and its great... only people who havent got the throttle control say that its too fast - when really they are just saying that it is too fast for them!! lol
6.5 is the future, buy 1... or be overtaken by 1!!! :drool:
Jon
GRIFF55
25-04-2009, 03:28 PM
6.5 here mostly too!! have used a 5.5 and the car gets the power down nicely
Go 6.5, you won't regret it:thumbsup:
vinny20
25-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Im running a lrp x12 7.5 just perfect for a x-6 sq
Body Paint
27-04-2009, 08:17 PM
X-12 7.5 in my X-6 is rapid, fast enough for anything but the longest of off road tracks.
The X-12 7.5 is easily as fast as a 6.5 X-11.
ben44
30-04-2009, 11:32 AM
I'm starting in off road and i use a SP 9.5, it's great, easy to dive.
I'm don't find a big difference with the another when they use a 6.5 or 7.5, because i'm little more quick when we turn, and with the 6.5 a little bit more quick in the line.
I drive on little tack or there are not so gripp.
I have a SP 7.5 i will do a test.
mikeyscott
30-04-2009, 11:54 AM
What killed it?
i use a SP 9.5, it's great, easy to dive.
i'm little more quick when we turn, .
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I think what people have to remember is that the straight is only 5% of the lap. You will loose more time missing the apex at the first corner than you will ever make up by going faster down the straight. (within reason) I think Neil Cragg is the perfect example of this, his car is never the fastest in a straight line but when he is always near the top of the timing sheets.
V-Rossi
30-04-2009, 03:14 PM
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Never tried turning in the corners on a track Elvo? Great tip!:lol:
On-topic: I'm using the CS 7,5T with 24/78 which is great on almost every track. For low grip conditions (wet and greasy astro, very dry dirt tracks) I use the Speed Passion 9,5T. Anyway, buy a motor between 6,5 and 9,5 of brands like LRP, Nosram, Orion, CS or Speed Passion (some others are fine as well) and you won't be disappointed.
@Body Paint: you've got pm
markwilliamson2001
30-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Craggy nearly always runs the 7.5 motors (from the setup sheets I have read), and he is bloody quick. Its the one I would go for.
HTH
_sleigh_
30-04-2009, 09:23 PM
I still stand by my X12 6.5t suggestion. The car will only go as quick as you push the stick/trigger. :)
Chequered Flag Racing
30-04-2009, 09:35 PM
6.5 on nimh or 7.5 on lipo for me
matdodd
30-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Im with Phil on this one you cant go wrong with a x12 6.5, spot on for 2wd :thumbsup:
O and nice car V-Rossi :)
YoungChazz
02-05-2009, 09:06 PM
You're not going anywhere if you "push" the trigger, Phil!
_sleigh_
02-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Perfect example of why pro's use sticks :p
ScottyDogWoof
10-05-2009, 04:04 PM
must agree 7.5 you'll never go worng with. i have an lrp one. x12 me thinks (with out looking.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.