PDA

View Full Version : D4/Cyber chassis


hardrider
05-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know if the the Cyber's plastic chassis is a direct fit on a D4WCE?

leinad
05-05-2009, 02:58 AM
Hi,

Does anyone know if the the Cyber's plastic chassis is a direct fit on a D4WCE?

I don't think so... if i'm not mistaken the Front/Rear Gear Box Set are different. Again, being a newbie, I may be wrong. :blush:

Adam Skelding
05-05-2009, 11:30 AM
Nope.
It's not a direct fit.
You'd need the gearboxes as the front and rear wishbone pivots are held on differently to the D4.

hardrider
05-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Adam,

Thanks for the reply.
So just the addition of the gearboxes will sort it out?
Or are the hinge pins and suspension holders different too?

Adam Skelding
05-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Once you change gearboxes, you need the cyber towers.
Which means you then need the cyber topdecks.

You are kinda rapidly approaching getting a Cyber, which I think you will end up doing.

The cars are the same geometry, just different ways of getting there.

hardrider
06-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Ah... OK.
Well, reason for this is that I own a D4 but the local HB series race is only open to Cyber and Brama.
Thanks for clearing up the doubt Adam. It is most appreciated :)