PDA

View Full Version : 4S Initial charge problem


DaveG28
13-05-2009, 09:22 PM
Hmm, am trying to charge for the first time, one cell has gone to 4.20, 2 cells at 4.05 and one at 4.03. The charger has been fluctuating between 0.0 and 0.7A for about an hour now, I think trying to balance it up (Its a BC6). How long shall I let it carry on, assuming the high cell does not go above 4.2?

Also, Will it harm it to give it up and try a "balance storage" setup instead to try to equalise the volts by bringing them down?

Dave

bert digler
13-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Hmm, am trying to charge for the first time, one cell has gone to 4.20, 2 cells at 4.05 and one at 4.03. The charger has been fluctuating between 0.0 and 0.7A for about an hour now, I think trying to balance it up (Its a BC6). How long shall I let it carry on, assuming the high cell does not go above 4.2?

Also, Will it harm it to give it up and try a "balance storage" setup instead to try to equalise the volts by bringing them down?

Dave

balancing takes ages mate my core charges 2s balance for over an hour mate shouldnt worry let it do its stuff

DaveG28
13-05-2009, 09:27 PM
Cheers, looks like I may be up late tonight...

DaveG28
14-05-2009, 07:21 AM
It finally finished at 5am...

My charter has a 2hr auto cutoff set, I assume with Lipo it doesn't matter if it's stop start a by during charging?