PDA

View Full Version : x-6 question


migsy
17-05-2009, 11:06 PM
does any-1 know how to setup an x-6 so it has an assgressive feel to it.:confused::confused::confused:

bigred5765
17-05-2009, 11:13 PM
what are you running now, ie pistons shock springs oils etc and on what surface,

blitzboy
17-05-2009, 11:14 PM
how aggresive do ya wnat to be :mad:

migsy
17-05-2009, 11:21 PM
losi shocks, orange pistons, 35wt all round. blues at front, reds on rear.
it seem to get alot of under-steer. :confused::confused::confused::mad:

migsy
17-05-2009, 11:23 PM
how much can i get out of a good setup? :lol::D:thumbsup::woot:

bigred5765
17-05-2009, 11:25 PM
firstly make sure your diff isnt to tight,then run a softer spring up front,make sure weight distribution is around 65% rear 35% front,also what anti squat are you running, and were in the corner is it understeering,

Body Paint
18-05-2009, 08:31 AM
More weight, move shocks out 1 hole on rear tower, lower front axle height, e-speed hangers, 30 degree castor blocks, inline axles, move rear shocks out one hole on rear wishbone, 3 degere rear toe in.

One or more of these may help, unless you fill in a setup sheet for us to see it is almost impossible to give a definative answer.

migsy
18-05-2009, 09:22 AM
cheers for all the response guys. i've gone and put orange losi springs on front, pinks on the rear. i am now working on the camber and toe-in.

would any-1 know where i could run off a few setup sheets?

cheers..ALAN

migsy
18-05-2009, 09:26 AM
I WOULD SAY GOING INTO A CORNER WOULD BE ABOUT RIGHT.

Body Paint
18-05-2009, 09:28 AM
LINK (http://www.2wdrc.com/tech/SetupSheets.htm)

Bottom of the page :thumbsup:

Body Paint
18-05-2009, 09:34 AM
Did you add weight yet Migsy? I know we keep banging on about it, but it really does work. I wouldn't have it at first, but now I am 100% convinced it is the way to get an X-6 to perform.

migsy
18-05-2009, 09:52 AM
YES MATE, I GOT A FEW IN THERE. IF I CAN REMEMBER RIGHT, I THINK ELLIS WAS SAYIN TO ADD 120 IN THERE1!!!!

Body Paint
18-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Yup! 120g, all in front of the Lipo