View Full Version : Who for Monaco?
telboy
20-05-2009, 11:12 AM
My money is on either Button or Trulli.
:thumbsup:
Brawn for me, their car works so much better at low speed :thumbsup:
Although Red bull have a new diffuser coming this weekend :confused:
millzy
20-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Webba or Barra for me
Jesons will get 3rd no matter who wins
Webba or Barra for me
Jesons will get 3rd no matter who wins
What if Jenson wins, will he get 3rd too:woot:
Northy
20-05-2009, 11:24 AM
As long as JB and Brawn keep racking up the points for my two bets I'll be a happy boy :thumbsup:
G
MattW
20-05-2009, 11:44 AM
I think it's between JB and Vetell for my money this weekend. SV has so much natural speed, and that Red Bull car sure isn't short on grip.
millzy
20-05-2009, 12:24 PM
What if Jenson wins, will he get 3rd too:woot:
Funny Ucker Please add an F
i dont think he will risk winnig and will take 3rd and let red bull fight it with his team mate
He has the taste of winning now though, for me this should be their track where the brawn cars excel. I think he will run fairly light in order to get pole as it is so hard to pass round there.
Should be a good one
rich_cree
20-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Webber!
Cockerill
20-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Have you got a DDD yet Rich?
emtee
20-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I think he will run fairly light in order to get pole as it is so hard to pass round there
Must agree... whoever gets pole wins... hope it is BGP tho'... got 'em in my fantasy F1... :thumbsup:
Kopite
20-05-2009, 12:37 PM
Ukyo Katayama for me
I wonder what the odds are for a pique win:lol:
I fear for Monaco's safety, the place will need re-decorating by the time monday morning comes :thumbsup:
Ashley
20-05-2009, 12:51 PM
brawn for me:thumbsup:
millzy
20-05-2009, 12:52 PM
I wonder what the odds are for a pique win:lol:
I fear for Monaco's safety, the place will need re-decorating by the time monday morning comes :thumbsup:
did he race there last year? its massa in the wet there im more worried about
bigoggy
20-05-2009, 12:55 PM
button gets my vote:thumbsup:
Chris Doughty
20-05-2009, 01:45 PM
I wonder what the odds are for a pique win:lol:
I fear for Monaco's safety, the place will need re-decorating by the time monday morning comes :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
rich_cree
20-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Have you got a DDD yet Rich?
Yep :)
Chris Doughty
20-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Yep :)
so does that mean your allowed to go racing at the weekends again now?
Northy
20-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Yep :)
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Skillz Cree
telboy
20-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Hey G, did you set your bet placed when Button and Brawn were at the 750-1 silly odds?
Right, I'm now changing my mind then. Seeing as Red Bull have their DDD, then I'll go with
1st Webber
2nd Button
3rd Trulli
...or reverse 2nd and 3rd.
I say Webber, because I think Vettels over excitement will get the better of him, and he'll 'decorate' the Monaco scenery.
What are the chances of them all getting round the first lap without 1 car losing their front wing?:woot:
How many cars will finish the race?
I reckon 8.
Northy
20-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I didn't get the silly odds, but I did get 25's on Button, and 18's on Brawn :thumbsup:
G
cjm_2008
20-05-2009, 08:17 PM
hamilton gets my vote, for what it's worth.
he's still the most talented of the bunch. and monaco tends to level out the field. maybe I'll chuck some money on it!
telboy
20-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I would've said Hammy, but seeing as the generates NO grip, I thought it would be a bit useless at a track where grip is really important.
Isn't it high speed grip the mclaren struggles with though, ie barcelona.
Maybe it will level the field a bit
DaveG28
20-05-2009, 09:38 PM
From things I've read in the past Mnaco is a bit different in as far as it's ultimate grip/downforce that counts, not aerodynamic efficiency, whereas at other tracks (where drag counts more) it's the efficiency.
So I guess with Mclaren it's how far have they sorted that back end now? In preseason it seemed to be an ultimate downforce issue but bits have changed since then.
Course, I could have been Reading utter bo**ocks, or misremembered it, anyway!!
I'll go for Vettell for the win!
I love it how the 4 big teams have been pretty much dis-regarded in terms of a win :thumbsup:
VXRBennie58
20-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I reckon ferrari will be strong this weekend, but nothings stopping Brawn. Your right, qualifying is so important at Monaco.:thumbsup:
telboy
21-05-2009, 11:22 AM
From things I've read in the past Mnaco is a bit different in as far as it's ultimate grip/downforce that counts, not aerodynamic efficiency, whereas at other tracks (where drag counts more) it's the efficiency.
So I guess with Mclaren it's how far have they sorted that back end now? In preseason it seemed to be an ultimate downforce issue but bits have changed since then.
Course, I could have been Reading utter bo**ocks, or misremembered it, anyway!!
I'll go for Vettell for the win!
I thought it was the front that was the problem with the Mclaren?
I thought that the rear was soo bloody good, that its generating masses of understeer, hence the car feeling 'safe' to drive. Thats why they made a new front wing for Barcelona....that didn't work. :) They need to carry more speed throught the turns but cant.
The last you want at monaco is an understeering car. :D
Lee, I think its ace that the 'top 4' teams are now midfield. This is what we've been waiting for for years.:thumbsup:
mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Webba or Barra for me
Jesons will get 3rd no matter who wins
Hopefully Barra
Southwell
21-05-2009, 02:08 PM
Boom!
http://images.gpupdate.net/large/126500.jpg
Richard Lowe
21-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Who think's Piquet's going to win then?! :lol:
The BMW going boom was better, it had fire and everything :thumbsup:
Southwell
21-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Who think's Piquet's going to win then?! :lol:
Well he might have made up one place by Renault giving RB a dodgy engine. :woot: Saying that he can't even qualify high enough so a 10 place grid drop won't get him in front of Vettel. :lol:
Southwell
21-05-2009, 02:21 PM
The BMW going boom was better, it had fire and everything :thumbsup:
Pics? I didn't see that one, only skipped through a few.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.