PDA

View Full Version : Converting x-6 to x-60


Jamie.T
20-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Does any1 know if a x-6 squared can be converted to a x-60 truck?

Not sure if the chassis and stuff is the same, it looks very similar but wanted the oopler's to guide me.

Thanks in advance

Jamie......

_sleigh_
20-05-2009, 05:57 PM
There's a few differences most are obvious (arms, shocks, towers, turnbuckles, driveshafts)

As for the chassis, the '60 chassis is longer that the '6sq and this will throw out the body mount positions in the truck shell.

You'll also need the X-Factory rear body mounts as T4 ones don't fit.

Also as someone found out at our first National meeting, the front axles are longer on a truck, I think it must be to do with wheel offsets?!?

Can't think of anything else, but there might be.

Lee
20-05-2009, 05:57 PM
Im sure the chassis is longer, as well as longer arms, shocks, turnbuckles.

I doubt it would be cheap :)

Beaten by Sleigh

Jamie.T
20-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Cheers guys, looks like it may be cheaper to just buy a t4 and convert i think. Unless i could build a shorter wheelbase x-60?

Jamie.....

Northy
20-05-2009, 06:02 PM
Also as someone found out at our first National meeting, the front axles are longer on a truck, I think it must be to do with wheel offsets?!?

I'd forgotten about that! I guess he really was "Tool of the month!" :woot:

G

Lee
20-05-2009, 06:03 PM
I'd forgotten about that! I guess he really was "Tool of the month!" :woot:

G

we know who now :thumbsup:

super__dan
20-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I'd forgotten about that! I guess he really was "Tool of the month!" :woot:

G

:eh?: :(

YoungChazz
21-05-2009, 01:53 PM
It certainly will be cheaper to start with a T4 and convert that. Too many expensive things like shocks and turnbuckles are different, not to mention the chassis, front suspension, and body.

We reccommend against a "short wheelbase" truck. As we developed the X - 60, we kept making it longer and longer.