PDA

View Full Version : iPone on Vodafone?


mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 12:50 PM
I've heard rumours that it'll be avaliable on Vodafone from July? Anyone else heard a similar thing?

Gemma
21-05-2009, 12:58 PM
The contract with O2 expires next year, so unless this is resigned the Iphone will be available for all Service providers.
Basically O2 havent made any money from the Iphone, and all profit has gone to Apple. I can not see O2 resigning for the Iphone next year, but stranger things have happened! :)

mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 01:07 PM
Fingers crossed it's terminated early for us Vodafone users to get a piece of the action

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:10 PM
Those rumours have been going on for a couple of years now, they wont open up until next year at the earliest, shame really i wanted to stay with Orange, but i really want the Iphone. :woot:

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:10 PM
I wouldnt waste my money personally.
Unless they launch a New Iphone to sort out the glitches and features out on the device!
Heard mixed reports on the Iphone! :)

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Those rumours have been going on for a couple of years now, they wont open up until next year at the earliest, shame really i wanted to stay with Orange, but i really want the Iphone. :woot:

You can get them from France, and they are already unlocked for the Orange network, obviously you wouldnt have warranty etc!
We got briefed on the Iphone last week, and sounds like O2 are not going to resign the contract, as they are not making money from it! :woot:

mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Same as me wanting to have it on Vodafone. Mmmm may just get hold of my brother in Dubai and see how much they are. Whatever phone I use it must have the ability to talk to Exchange (using a Palm Treo Pro atm).

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Those rumours have been going on for a couple of years now, they wont open up until next year at the earliest, shame really i wanted to stay with Orange, but i really want the Iphone. :woot:

Same as me wanting to have it on Vodafone. Mmmm may just get hold of my brother in Dubai and see how much they are. Whatever phone I use it must have the ability to talk to Exchange (using a Palm Treo Pro atm).

Yeah see if he can get home of one!
Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:17 PM
You can get them from France, and they are already unlocked for the Orange network, obviously you wouldnt have warranty etc!
We got briefed on the Iphone last week, and sounds like O2 are not going to resign the contract, as they are not making money from it! :woot:

Oooh, my contract is up in October, keep us posted! :woot:

mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Yeah see if he can get home of one!
Happy hunting! :thumbsup:

Sounds like an excuse for a holiday

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Will do dont worry, my ear is firmly to the ground!

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Sounds like an excuse for a holiday

Get yourself there!! :thumbsup:
Sounds good to me! :woot:

mich-blitz
21-05-2009, 01:22 PM
well on sky news about 2days ago i heard that it was going to be on 3 vodafone and orange but thay are saying that thay are not going to carry on making the iphone:o and limit it to 5.000.000 iphones worldwide:(

but they will be making the new iphone Nexus on july 4 2010 so it myt be on the contracts or it myt be a mith:thumbdown: hope not lol

thanks mike

Lee
21-05-2009, 01:24 PM
OS 3.0 is being released this summer for the IPhone which removes all the glitches and bugs and makes another massive step forward. I wouldn't swap my Iphone for anything.

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:24 PM
well on sky news about 2days ago i heard that it was going to be on 3 vodafone and orange but thay are saying that thay are not going to carry on making the iphone:o and limit it to 5.000.000 iphones worldwide:(

but they will be making the new iphone Nexus on july 4 2010 so it myt be on the contracts or it myt be a mith:thumbdown: hope not lol

thanks mike

I personally think it wouldnt be worth a company signing a exclusive deal with Apple, as like I said before Apple take all the profit.
Not sure about them limiting the Iphone! Guess its a open book at the moment, but if I hear anything I will let you guys know x :woot:

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:25 PM
OS 3.0 is being released this summer for the IPhone which removes all the glitches and bugs and makes another massive step forward. I wouldn't swap my Iphone for anything.

Lee I know alot of people who are in the same boat as you, but then I know of others which are not happy!!

Guess its with anything these days! :)

Lee
21-05-2009, 01:25 PM
But look how many people have moved to O2 just to get the Iphone.

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:26 PM
But look how many people have moved to O2 just to get the Iphone.

Yeah totally agree!

jono83
21-05-2009, 01:27 PM
and then my iphone will be able to doreally cools stuff like sending pic msgs and forwarding texts lol

Lee
21-05-2009, 01:28 PM
So O2 can't be doing too bad out of the contracts even if Apple take the profit from the phones, unless O2 give Apple money from contracts too but that would be daft :confused:

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:28 PM
and then my iphone will be able to doreally cools stuff like sending pic msgs and forwarding texts lol

All that crazy shiz that every other phone on the market could do :lol:

mich-blitz
21-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Lee I know alot of people who are in the same boat as you, but then I know of others which are not happy!!

Guess its with anything these days! :)

exactly what she said its a phone thats got to much stuff that isent going to be used so a waste of money:thumbdown:so the contracts wont be getting much profit but thay will get more custmers:confused:?

mike

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:30 PM
So O2 can't be doing too bad out of the contracts even if Apple take the profit from the phones, unless O2 give Apple money from contracts too but that would be daft :confused:

Erm.....well Im unsure of the packages etc they are offering, but can not imagine them doing too bad. I dont know there facts and figures!

I know O2 paid a massive amount to originally get the Iphone exclusivity (Or however you spell it) :thumbsup:

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:32 PM
All that crazy shiz that every other phone on the market could do :lol:

ha ha Technology of today lol :woot:

exactly what she said its a phone thats got to much stuff that isent going to be used so a waste of money:thumbdown:so the contracts wont be getting much profit but thay will get more custmers:confused:?

mike

Yeah but its high LR for data usage, Talk Time etc

mich-blitz
21-05-2009, 01:35 PM
ha ha Technology of today lol :woot:



Yeah but its high LR for data usage, Talk Time etc


tru so a wast of time then

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:37 PM
tru so a wast of time then

I couldnt possible comment!! :D

I personally can name awesome devices out there at the moment, but then again Mobile devices, are personal preferences! :woot:

mikeyscott
21-05-2009, 01:37 PM
True, phone with too many uses...

Maybe I'll just stick with
Laptop and 3G dongle
Nokia Phone
80GB Ipod :)

Lee
21-05-2009, 01:40 PM
tru so a wast of time then

Not at all, i use every application on my phone, it's great for me when im on the move or when i cant connect to the net via my laptop. It may be a waste if you just use your phone to make calls and text but for those of us who work away from home or have busy lives it is fantastic.

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:40 PM
True, phone with too many uses...

Maybe I'll just stick with
Laptop and 3G dongle
Nokia Phone
80GB Ipod :)

You can use alot of phones these days as a Modem, they have Music playing facilities, and they are a phone!! :woot:

MattADH
21-05-2009, 01:49 PM
I have a BlackBerry and iPhone and both have their merits. Despite being a a huge Apple fan, I think that the iPhone should be renamed the i - simple as that. Mine struggles with my network yet the BB sitting next to it on the same supplier is fine! Cant fault the BB as a business tool and although its not so tactile and fancy looking, it does exactly what it says on the box.

As Lee says, the apps on the iPhone are fantastic but in some ways its like carrying round a Nintendo DS due to its lack of ability as a phone. And BB has just launched BlackBerry App World but will have to see how this goes...

When my current contract comes up, I will go for one phone and stay with a BB. Yes I will lose some of the clever functions but I should have a better tool for making and receiving calls. After all, that is why we all buy mobile phones in the first place - right?

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I have a BlackBerry and iPhone and both have their merits. Despite being a a huge Apple fan, I think that the iPhone should be renamed the i - simple as that. Mine struggles with my network yet the BB sitting next to it on the same supplier is fine! Cant fault the BB as a business tool and although its not so tactile and fancy looking, it does exactly what it says on the box.

As Lee says, the apps on the iPhone are fantastic but in some ways its like carrying round a Nintendo DS due to its lack of ability as a phone. And BB has just launched BlackBerry App World but will have to see how this goes...

When my current contract comes up, I will go for one phone and stay with a BB. Yes I will lose some of the clever functions but I should have a better tool for making and receiveing calls. After all, that is why we all buy mobile phones in the first place - right?

Have to agree I love my BB, its my life line!! I dont disagree with anyone with preference on phone, as they are a personal thing these days!

Gotta love your Blackberry!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:51 PM
The new HTC's are quite good from what ive read. Hopefully there will be other options about when i renew. The £5 a month data usage on Orange kinda puts me off though.

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:52 PM
The new HTC's are quite good from what ive read. Hopefully there will be other options about when i renew. The £5 a month data usage on Orange kinda puts me off though.

When you renew your contract with Orange let me know :)

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:55 PM
When you renew your contract with Orange let me know :)

I thought you were on the business side? I will. :thumbsup: Ta.

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I thought you were on the business side? I will. :thumbsup: Ta.

Yes I am but I do get Perks of the jobs!! :woot: Friends Discounts etc (Are you my friend?? lol):lol:

Southwell
21-05-2009, 01:57 PM
Yes I am but I do get Perks of the jobs!! :woot: Friends Discounts etc (Are you my friend?? lol):lol:

Best friend! :wub :woot:

Gemma
21-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Best friend! :wub :woot:

Thought so!! :drool:

Gibsy
21-05-2009, 03:17 PM
New iphone going to be slimmer and lighter with all bugs fixed :woot:

rcracer
21-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Ive got the nokia 5800, nice phone :wub

HKP
21-05-2009, 03:34 PM
As another big Apple fan I got an iPhone when they came out. Although it is an awesome device, when my contract was up for renewal I went for a Nokia E71. Why? Because it is a great phone! Whatever you think about the iPhone, the phone bit is pants.. I've had problems with reception and roaming. That said, I put a PAYG sim in my iPhone and still use it extensively as a gaming platform and awesome iPod!

sime46
21-05-2009, 03:45 PM
My iphone has been fantastic from day one. Great signal for calls, good camera and the apps are awesome, and of course the music playing ability....I would'nt be without it. Each to their own tho I guess.:thumbsup:

PaulUpton
21-05-2009, 03:50 PM
I have a mate who works for Apple, he says that the current i phone is going to be released to all networks, and that the new one will again only be avaliable on O2

Paul

SlowOne
25-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Like everyone says, each to their own. I will get an iPhone because the only bit I'm missing is the 'phone on my Touch. Using my MobileMe account (£5 per month) I get...

All e-mail pushed to my Touch.
All my contacts synched automatically with my Touch, my Mac and my iDisk on the server.
Synch any file to my Touch from my Mac and read it.
Send e-mails with these attachments
Receive e-mails with these attachments and read them
Use my Touch as a disc drive from my Mac.
Store music and play it.
Store videos and play them.
Access the internet (via wireless) and play the BBC iPlayer (that is really cool!)
Play games
Get some really cool apps (like controlling my iTunes from anywhere in the house using the Touch as a remote)
And some I've forgotten!

Tried hard to find another device that does this, and can't. Waiting for the new iPhone with baited breath, and hoping Vodaphone takes a contract...

DaveG28
25-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Erm.....well Im unsure of the packages etc they are offering, but can not imagine them doing too bad. I dont know there facts and figures!

I know O2 paid a massive amount to originally get the Iphone exclusivity (Or however you spell it) :thumbsup:

When I was working in the industry we were told Apple took some big (well more than half) proportion of ALL the fixed costs, so not just the handset but most of your monthly contract too. Not sure about call usage though. We were definitely told O2 made gash all out of it!

mikeyscott
27-05-2009, 03:47 PM
I have heard more rumors today about the Vodafone iphone tie up... If so my Palm Treo Pro and Ipod 80GB classic will be going on the bay.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed :)

_JP_
28-05-2009, 12:44 PM
my ipod touch is the nuts, the only reason I don't have an iphone is as I am still with orange :)

maybe something will be out in oct when I can upgrade :thumbsup:

Matt Alcock
28-05-2009, 01:12 PM
n97 is out potter

_JP_
28-05-2009, 07:17 PM
got a few months before I upgrade! N97 looks ok but the apple UI is just so polished and slick!

ryanlownie
29-05-2009, 01:19 PM
they will be making the new iphone Nexus on july 4 2010

The iPhone nexus refers to the fact that millions of phones sold in the US were not activated. It's not the name of a new phone...

Anyway people looking for a slick phone, check out the new Palm Pre. I don't think its an iPhone killer but its a damn good attempt and no carrier is confirmed for the UK yet (although O2 keeps getting mentioned).

pro4nut
29-05-2009, 01:24 PM
in short as far as i am aware the next evolution of the i phone will remain exclusive to o2.
sorry if this disappoints anyone