View Full Version : pit table
jimmy
22-05-2009, 10:54 AM
After about 7 years of using my blue plastic 20quid picnic table from argos to pit on, (one of those ones with 4 lil chairs built in) I think it's time I upgraded to something not falling apart.
What do others use to pit on? I need something that I can fit my laptop/camera on, as well as my car. I don't really do much work on my car so doesn't need to be crazy room.
Any links? I want something at a good price, no crazy money also.
Chrislong
22-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Does it need to fit in the Smart Car too?
jimmy
22-05-2009, 11:10 AM
not really, I only use my car for regionals and the like - nationals and stuff we go in vickys car. I can use my old table for regionals no problem. We got a new gazebo thing so I want a new table to go with it and be all posh! :thumbsup:
Keep the old one.
It's like an old pair of pumps, the shaggier they get the more comfy they are.
rcracer
22-05-2009, 11:14 AM
Look pretty sturdy http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001501/partNumber/3400690.htm
jimmy
22-05-2009, 11:14 AM
You joining us in the gazebo Stu? we can stick it at the end of Vermins tent or something and have it a 'dickheads only' area. So no normal people are allowed in there.
Chrislong
22-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Aaaah, nice one. Well the big wooden ones many of us use are from Homebase, I think they're about £20 from memory, or atleast mine was and I can't remember if it was during a sale.
Then there are the big plastic tables like the Lathams have, these are around £80 but are much bigger, I think they would be tight to fit in the boot of anything but a large family hatch or people carrier.... bit overkill really.
Then there is the larger alluminium version of what you have, like Tom Cockerill has. Not sure where from or how much these are, but they seem good.
Chris
jimmy
22-05-2009, 11:15 AM
Look pretty sturdy http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001501/partNumber/3400690.htm
ahhh nice, that looks good
Chrislong
22-05-2009, 11:15 AM
You joining us in the gazebo Stu? we can stick it at the end of Vermins tent or something and have it a 'dickheads only' area. So no normal people are allowed in there.
Can I come toooooooo ? :thumbsup: I promise to mis-behave etc...
You joining us in the gazebo Stu? we can stick it at the end of Vermins tent or something and have it a 'dickheads only' area. So no normal people are allowed in there.
Yes boss, that will be dog-fingeringly ace.
Northy
22-05-2009, 11:22 AM
You joining us in the gazebo Stu? we can stick it at the end of Vermins tent or something and have it a 'dickheads only' area. So no normal people are allowed in there.
It'll also mean I can shout abuse at you and save poor Danneth, he don't like being called a c**t. :lol:
G
Chrislong
22-05-2009, 11:24 AM
It'll also mean I can shout abuse at you and save poor Danneth, he don't like being called a c**t. :lol:
G
c**t = cist? :confused:
No, carrot - G can't count.
rcracer
22-05-2009, 11:33 AM
Yes boss, that will be dog-fingeringly ace.
This dog thing is getting very disturbing :lol:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9254696&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=30&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3 C{9372013}%2fcategories%3C{9372033}%2fcategories%3 C{9372130}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1242995793963&isSearch=false
bondy
22-05-2009, 12:42 PM
http://www.rapidracking.com/p/4/39/104/Office/General%20Purpose%20Seating%20and%20Tables/Polypropylene%20Folding%20Tables.htm
Had it 2 years now and still going strong ! Big enought for me another person and two truggys !!!! will fold down and go on back seat of a car !!
JJ The Boat Wizzard
22-05-2009, 01:17 PM
http://www.rapidracking.com/p/4/39/104/Office/General%20Purpose%20Seating%20and%20Tables/Polypropylene%20Folding%20Tables.htm
Had it 2 years now and still going strong ! Big enought for me another person and two truggys !!!! will fold down and go on back seat of a car !!
80Quid I Hope The Woman And The Boxes Of Stuff Are Included :P
LOL
John
bondy
22-05-2009, 03:26 PM
You get what you pay for ! Steel legs and can hold over a ton ! I should know I have got on it myself once ! :o
Doomanic
22-05-2009, 03:53 PM
http://www.rapidracking.com/p/4/39/104/Office/General%20Purpose%20Seating%20and%20Tables/Polypropylene%20Folding%20Tables.htm
Had it 2 years now and still going strong ! Big enought for me another person and two truggys !!!! will fold down and go on back seat of a car !!
I used two of those for the trackside shop for years. If you have the space to carry it there is no better table out there.
I have one for sale if anyone is interested, pm me.:thumbsup:
bigred5765
22-05-2009, 04:04 PM
im with bondy on this one, the £80 table will last virtualy for ever, and if you look on ebay you can get em for £40 ish quid they even do a smaller version CLICKY (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/items/__folding-table_W0QQ_trksidZp3913Q2ec0Q2em24)
HERE YOU GO JIM BOB LOOKS PERFECT CLICKY (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-FOLDING-MULTI-PURPOSE-STEEL-TABLE-300KG-CAPACITY-NEW_W0QQitemZ270350357957QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_3?hash=item3ef22315c5&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A2%7C294%3A50)
spend shit get shit,
mark christopher
23-05-2009, 01:02 PM
jimmy look at machine mart they do the big plastic ones cheap like lathems and bondys
losixxx
23-05-2009, 02:32 PM
those tables are on offer in BOOKERS cash n carry £29.99 plus vat if you know anyone with a card!
GRIFF55
23-05-2009, 04:35 PM
yeh, saw them there the other day. i was tempted
jordi15
23-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Look pretty sturdy http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001501/partNumber/3400690.htm
We've been using one of these for about 18 months (8th and 10th) and it still looks like new!:thumbsup:
skippy
23-05-2009, 06:57 PM
take a look
http://www.galatent.co.uk/listing.asp?Category=MarqueeHireEquipmentSales&SubCategory=FoldingTrestleTable
have used one for over 2years indoor and out, and for those big teams who want a large tent, their party tents are excellent though a bit bulky.
jimmy
23-05-2009, 07:01 PM
We've been using one of these for about 18 months (8th and 10th) and it still looks like new!:thumbsup:
I got this one today - just set it up and it looks good to me, I should be able to do some good reporting on this! :thumbsup:
leightheiceman
26-05-2009, 07:34 PM
these are ok tables for the money, u can afford to get a new one every year http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/folding-table-4-people-3256294/
2 year guarantee as well
mark christopher
26-05-2009, 08:55 PM
this is what i meant jimmy, could not post link before only just got non modile phone net back
http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/range/guid/E47B5C88-E81F-443A-82B7-4C644ED0F742 but ur sorted now
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.