View Full Version : Calling all ps3 owners...
telboy
22-05-2009, 07:55 PM
Is it me or is playstation network crap?
Me n my Bro have both got COD WAW and the online play is good.....when you can find a match!!
You go to find mad match, and it could be another 30 mins before you actually get a game!
We were on last night for 3 hours, and got 3 games in!! How crap is that?:thumbdown:
Is it just our connctions? or does everyone have the same problem with PSN?
Southwell
22-05-2009, 08:04 PM
It can be incredibly crap, the COD servers are always busy though and just a few thousand more players seems to kill them, it's extremelly annoying. Lag has been my main problem recently.
telboy
22-05-2009, 08:11 PM
yeah m bro suffers really bad with lag.
it doesn't seem to affect mine. Mines ok once I'm in a game....its just frickin finding one thats the problem.
Considdering getting an xbox, just for online stuff. Got to keep the PS3 for GT5...when it comes out.
DAVIDZX5
22-05-2009, 08:17 PM
Mine is fine, but if you have the PS3 by wireless and you got other computers on running off the router on wireless then thats when i suffer with lag.
Southwell
22-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Im cabled, all ports opened, normally 4 bars on COD connectivity, 1.3mb upstream and 11mb downstream. It's only been since the new update really. Hopefully it will be better soon.
Sabben
22-05-2009, 10:44 PM
I have no problems when I am playing COD 4. Sometimes I struggle with lag, but not really that often. Finding a match takes about a minute.
Haven't heard any of my buddies having any problems either...
Maybe we're just lucky here in Norway:lol:
bald eagle
22-05-2009, 10:54 PM
WOW!!! dont get me started about this... it's total crud where i am in wales..(no jokes please).
Lag is bad at the best of times. I am a bit out of the way from the exchange, but the pc downstream.upstream is ok. cod4 is unplayable some days... so bad, i have considered selling it all and investing in more car equipment... at least i will enjoy car stuff :mad:
Gibsy
23-05-2009, 08:30 AM
got both ps3 and xbox 360
and when i play on the ps3 online it takes ages compared to the xbox
but then again i pay £40 a year for xbox online
and the ps3 online is free so u cant reallly conplain :woot:
Southwell
23-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Well you can complain lol. I'd rather pay than have a rubbish service.
Doomanic
23-05-2009, 11:39 AM
My PS3 is on an ethernet cable and it's still shit.:thumbdown:
I have tried different routers as well, all to no avail. I think it is my ISP as the pc is dog slow at the same time. If I play on weekday mornings or late at night, it's fine.
telboy
23-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Well, we are on wireless, but having the laptop on at the same time makes no difference. The other night the laptop wasn't on, and it still took over an hour!! to find a game. then it kicked everyone out for poor connection!!
To be honest, the xbox is looking a better choice. Id rather pay the £40 a year and be able to play a game with someone, than spend 2 hours online and only play one game, and spend the rest of the time getting stressed.
bald eagle
23-05-2009, 05:45 PM
When you pay to play online with the xbox.. do you still get lag? how do you connect an xbox? is it wireless or ethernet ?
seriously thinking swapping the ps3 as i'm fed up of shooting people on cod4 and on my screen i have shot them with a whole clip, only to die myself!!! ggrrrr! lag is horendous on ps3! :thumbdown::mad:
telboy
23-05-2009, 09:52 PM
Thats just people cheating.
I've done it myself lots of times. They've taken head shot after head shot, and still kill you with one shot!
You do get lag on xbox, but only if your connection is dodgy.
But no where near as bad as PS network.
Southwell
23-05-2009, 10:38 PM
Well i just played a few games. Last one i got 4 UAV's, 2 airstrikes and 2 helecopters, all that in a game of team deathmatch :lol: Only decent connection all day.
Rich D
23-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Counter Strike - Source :thumbsup:
Southwell
24-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Counter Strike - Source :thumbsup:
God, it's been years since i played that, whats your steam username? I might set the pc back up. Come on Stealthy, stop being a hermit. :woot:
mattykengineer
24-05-2009, 08:58 AM
all i wana do is kill zombies!
when i can find a game that does not crash:bored:
Marvin
24-05-2009, 09:43 AM
I haven't had any problems at all with COD WAW. Games normally load properly, and I have no problems. I haven't played it in a while though, so I don't know if the update killed it off slightly. I have a pretty quick internet speed, and it's not wireless. I only have one other computer running from a router too, so it's not under much pressure.
There's no technical reason why Xbox Live would be any quicker than PSN. It may be written slightly better, to reduce processor cycles over PSN, but no way would it be noticeably better on the same connection. Lag is determined by your internet connection strength, processor speed (where the PS3 beats the Xbox hands down), and the servers used (which depends on your ISP).
Rich D
24-05-2009, 06:17 PM
God, it's been years since i played that, whats your steam username? I might set the pc back up. Come on Stealthy, stop being a hermit. :woot:
Hey bud, i used to play it non stop but i weened myself off it a few months ago. In fact, i have just checked my XFire profile and it says 1917 hours for CSS :blush:
Did the full clan thing and played in leagues - great fun :thumbsup:
My steam id is rjd1976 same for Xfire - as i say i havent played it for a few months now and really dont want to get addicted again if i can help it :woot:
Serapth
25-05-2009, 08:37 AM
When you pay to play online with the xbox.. do you still get lag? how do you connect an xbox? is it wireless or ethernet ?
seriously thinking swapping the ps3 as i'm fed up of shooting people on cod4 and on my screen i have shot them with a whole clip, only to die myself!!! ggrrrr! lag is horendous on ps3! :thumbdown::mad:
For whatever the reason, i very rarely get any lag on the 360, i connect wirelessly, but you can connect with an ethernet cable. I sold my ps3 because it just took the mick when trying to play online. Worth paying the £40 a year for in my opinion.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.