PDA

View Full Version : How do i create a 'sig'?


Charlie Ware
26-05-2009, 04:20 PM
just read a thread started on here, and found out that the picture under your name is a sig, how do i create one? :confused:
is it just basically a picture made on paint?

any help ould be much appreciated,
charlie

colmo
26-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Usually, they're a collage of images and graphics combined in layers in a graphics app like Photoshop - if you don't have it, download GIMP (http://www.gimp.org/) as it's free and perhaps just as good for this purpose.

Have a search for texture generators too - they'll make for a good background to the 'sig'.

jonny123
26-05-2009, 04:29 PM
aup charlie,
Yh its easy m8. You can do it on paint and photoshop. I did mine at school on photoshop :lol:. Its easyer on photoshop cuz if you want a differant background than white you can get the white from around the logo easily.
:thumbsup:
Jonny

colmo
26-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I decided to take my own advice and give it a go - I used GIMP to merge the basic pictorial elements on layers, then imported it (as PNG) to Inkscape to add text, then exported it (as a PNG again) and compressed it (as a JPEG) in GIMP.

Col
26-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Do any of you speak english?
I feel like a gimp with all this png photoshop malarky

colmo
26-05-2009, 08:39 PM
Do any of you speak english?
I feel like a gimp with all this png photoshop malarky

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/glossary/Graphics_Glossary.htm (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/glossary/Graphics_Glossary.htm) :thumbsup:

The only GIMP here is a software package :)

b4rs
26-05-2009, 09:09 PM
ye, i use PS for all my graphics, its a great tool, although i have used it for the least 5 years at least so i have quite a bit of experience with it.

any questions with your venture, dont be afraid to ask me mate.