View Full Version : Building my B44 - help needed
dayxwalker
28-05-2009, 07:24 AM
I am half way through my B44 and I have had no problems as such pretty easy ! But one thing that's bugging me is that the front gearbox seems a little tight ! The manual says to use 2 shims behind the shaft gear and 3 on one side of diff and 4 on the other ! Is this correct or should I take some out to free it up ? It's not really tight but tighter that I would like !
Spencer Mulcahy
28-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Leave it as it is after the first few runs it will free off.
Mash Potato
28-05-2009, 08:03 AM
Leave it as it is after the first few runs it will free off.
Exactly, they are tight to start with, but soon free up.
Lee Martin
28-05-2009, 08:05 AM
Just ensure the bearing is pushed all the way down the shaft.
I have had this problem where the shaft coating has come out too thick and the bearing does not fit flush with the end...causing a tightness!
dayxwalker
28-05-2009, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys !
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.