View Full Version : Part number for rear front alloy hinge pin holder?
c0sie
06-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Anyone able to tell me the part number for the rear front (next to the slipper assembly) hinge pin holder thing, in alloy please?
Ta :)
phil c
06-06-2009, 07:10 AM
for which car? zx5,sp,fs or rb5?
c0sie
06-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Whoops! Sorry, its for the ZX5 :)
Cheers
paulc
06-06-2009, 10:49 AM
witch one the ones for the fs are slightly wider
c0sie
06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Hi Paul,
Its for the RTR ZX5,
Thanks!
paulc
06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
this is the only one i can find
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Racing-Alu-Rear-Front-Sus-Mount-Kyosho-Laser-ZX-5-TF5_W0QQitemZ150348846085QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_ Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23017d5405&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A5 0
and this one
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Racing-Alu-Front-Sus-Mount-Set-for-Kyosho-Lazer-ZX-5_W0QQitemZ150346624662QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Co ntrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item23015b6e96&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177&_trkparms=240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A5 0
cheers paul
kek23k
06-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Here are the offical Kyosho ones:
http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_Rear_Alumininum_Suspention_Holder_Forward_p/kyolaw36.htm
http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_Rear_Aluminum_Suspention_Holder_Rerward_p/kyolaw37.htm
Part numbers are:
KYOLAW36 for the Front Rear (the one you want)
KYOLAW37 for the Rear Rear (the one for the very back of the car)
c0sie
06-06-2009, 05:14 PM
That doesnt look anything like the one I broke mate?
*confused*
paulc
06-06-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i22.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d4/fd/30ad_2.JPG (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3-Racing-Alu-Shock-Tower-Mount-Kyosho-Lazer-ZX-05-TF-5_W0QQitemZ160338865073QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Co ntrol_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2554f0ebb1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1683%7C 240%3#ebayphotohosting)
do you mean one of these ?? ignore this post did'nt read the first post again lol
RogerM
06-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Cosie, the LAW36/37 look different as they have inserts for tuning the geometry. I have these on my FS and they work beautifully.
I ran the 3 racing ones on my SP and they were very good and cheap too.
kek23k
07-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Roger's right, I probably should have explained. The parts I listed are a direct fit, but they include plastic spacers for adjusting toe in/out. These fit into the oval parts of the alloy brace shown and your hingepins+bushes fit into the spacers. Full instructions and all parts are included.
I have no experience of the 3Racing parts, but if Roger says they are good I would tend to believe him ;)
I seem to remember that the two front braces being the same size, you can use a front ali brace on the front rear possibly turned upside down with longer screws....... this was a while ago....... we only used the front ali brace on ZX5, and cannot remember ripping a plastic one.
c0sie
07-06-2009, 10:01 AM
Ive ripped both the front-front and rear-front hinge pin holders in two small crashs.
I LOVE this ZX5, but the plastic strength sucks :(
kek23k
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM
KYOLAW31 i the part number for the front/front alloy hingepin brace
http://www.rcplanet.com/Kyosho_Hinge_Pin_Brace_Aluminum_p/kyolaw31.htm
Cosie, the LAW36/37 look different as they have inserts for tuning the geometry. I have these on my FS and they work beautifully.
I ran the 3 racing ones on my SP and they were very good and cheap too.
I hate "3 racing" ever since I saw on Oople the awfull quality titanium screws. You can do a search on "titanium snapped". I also got some titanium hex screw with my second hand ZX5 and some are rounded:mad:. I am guessing that they come from "3 Racing". I find it unacceptable that "3 Racing" chinese company makes that bad quality metal and dares to name it "titanium". It's disrespect to us RC people.
I've not seen their alluminium quality but if it's like their "titanium", I won't be surprised.
Also, as a good:confused: chinese company, they seem to copy genuine Japonese Kyosho parts
If "3racing" reads this forum, I encourage them to post and welcome a response. More suppliers are always a good thing, if they do things right
RogerM
09-06-2009, 11:37 AM
There are several different grades of Ti, some aren't at all suited to screws but are cheap!!!
I can honestly say that all the 3 racing hinge pin braces I've seen are perfectly suitable
For the hinge pin braces, ANY crap metal will do, given it's section size was engineered to be cheap platic on the RTR version ;)
Considering what I highlighted above, I would still stay away from them as a protest to the disrespect they show us
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.