View Full Version : Stripping Paint Off Polycarbonate
enfieldbanana
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
HEy there people,
I was wondering if anybody knows what you can use to get rid of spray paint from the inside of a polycarbonate shell without ruining the shell so that you repaint it. Basically I've sodded up spraying a undertray for my B44 and want to redo it without buying a new one.
Any ideas people?
Cheers in advance.
Andy
blitzboy
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
what paint were you using andy
ryan_93
08-06-2009, 05:27 PM
nitro fuel or i think brake fluid works aswell.
super sparks
08-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I use nitro fuel on a rag and just rub over the paint it does come off eventually
V-Rossi
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
You can use Carson Paint Killer, a new product to remove paint from bodies.
enfieldbanana
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
what paint were you using andy
Custom Colour stuff (Marinello Ice)
Thought it was solid red when I bought it but its one of those sprays that is semi transparent. Put too little on before backing with the white and is really patchy. Bloody mess.
So gonna have a go a stripping it off and then use the red that I got from Al Hobbies (just up the road) to redo the under-tray.
Thanks for all the suggestions people. Really appreciate it!!! :thumbsup:
Will let you know how I get on.
Andy
PS: What's the best way to get photo's on here?
I've tried brake fluid, nitro fuel, Mr Muscle on the Tamiya Polycarb paint (nitro safe) but never able to remove even a fraction...:( Any other option which i can try?
Jamie.T
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I leave my shells in a bath of high % nitro fuel for a couple of hours, then rub off with scourer pad. Seems to work on most paints, but some top quality paints just wont budge.
Jamie.....
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.