View Full Version : losi xx cr
migsy
14-06-2009, 09:59 PM
i ran a xx at a meeting today, it was great fun. went well but it seems to struggle with its weight disadvantage.
this is as unbreakable as ever. i'll be looking to lighten this up, i personally think this may struggle against its little brother the xxx cr and the likes of b4.
as they say, you gotta move with the times!!!!! :p:o:lol:
shizzle
14-06-2009, 10:06 PM
you wouldnt have xx4 you would trade for a loaded xxx cr? ive been told it aint a good trade but i disagree. please someone help. the xxx cr will come arr with jr rx tx, servo, bat,charger, and esc for just a roller.
migsy
15-06-2009, 07:51 AM
hi mate. i dont have 1 sorry, your best chance would be ebay. :)
mikeyscott
15-06-2009, 08:18 AM
Hi,
Mine is still coming together, but Steve B set the lap record on Sunday with a XX-CR Kinwald. He's got a B4, XXX RB5 Cat SX etc. but everytime it's the XX-CR
I hope to have mine up together for next weekend, but I got my best run today in the B4.
migsy
15-06-2009, 11:08 AM
hi mike.
i had a great laugh but i seem to dislike the weight as far back as it is, slows me down with my aggression. :mad::lol::p
mikeyscott
15-06-2009, 11:21 AM
hi mike.
i had a great laugh but i seem to dislike the weight as far back as it is, slows me down with my aggression. :mad::lol::p
Oh track is bumpy astro turf with a twisty middle section, so maybe it suits the XX-CR
What are you running in it, brushed, LIPOs etc?
migsy
15-06-2009, 11:31 AM
hi mate, i ran a lipo 4900 and a 4600kv mamba. I think it's little bro is more my car but xx will never lose it's name because its the best of the old!!!
ps ran 50grams up front with 40watt oil and blue springs, good on the infeild.
mikeyscott
15-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Did you run any lead under the LIPO?
I'm running 25 all round so it takes the bumps
I'll be running a 9.5 if I can find one with LIPOs
Got the following at the mo
10.5
7.5 LRP
7.5 Losi
The 7.5s are a bit hot though
migsy
15-06-2009, 11:44 AM
no, left it purley to the front to stop under steer. the rear did have a roll bar fitted and it worked well on the loose. my downfall was the jump because the roll-bar caused it to un-settle at the rear.
would you know what wind the 4600kv is? for the xx, i'd say a 8.5 would be a good option.
mikeyscott
15-06-2009, 11:46 AM
no, left it purley to the front to stop under steer. the rear did have a roll bar fitted and it worked well on the loose. my downfall was the jump because the roll-bar caused it to un-settle at the rear.
would you know what wind the 4600kv is? for the xx, i'd sat a 8.5 would be a good option.
No I don't I'm afraid, I've only just come back myself and am still getting my head round brushless.
Give it a few more runs and set-up tweaks and you'll have it dialled in :)
My mate and I were thinking of doing a regional at some point and I think he'd consider running the XX Kinwald :) We'll see
migsy
15-06-2009, 11:58 AM
i am considerin makeing a mod so i can get all xxx cr wishbones etc to go on there as parts are getting hard to come by.
the front will be hart to modify but who dares wins!!!! :D
mikeyscott
17-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Is this a XX XXCR or XXC Kinwald?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=190314577007
Looks like it has kinwald parts on it
migsy
17-06-2009, 04:41 PM
it's cr with a few kin bits on there. :)
mikeyscott
21-06-2009, 05:12 PM
What gearing are you running on your XX as the drive is 2.19:1
I'm looking at fitting my Tekin RS Pro with LRP 7.5 in it this week running on LIPOs..
I'll post some pics later, but still need to get a shell and get it nicely sprayed up.
The XXCR Kinwald took the lap record again today. He's looking at getting an X-Factory now as the next challenge.
Got two now about enough spares to build a 3rd.
Going to try out the hydra drive again on one and standard diff on the other (spent about £100 at Losi Parts House - oops
migsy
21-06-2009, 09:43 PM
hi mate. my gearing is 88/23. no hydro. you will need to file out to the top of the chassis to get a lipo in there. :)
mikeyscott
29-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Ran my XX at the weekend and loved it apart from the weight with LIPOs :)
LIPOS fitted with no issues, but I am running TrackPower 3600s. Sold my Vampire Racing 5200s at the weekend due to the size. May look at the 4000s from Vampire Racing.
Not far off my B4 times, but much nicer to drive.
I'll get some pics up later
mikeyscott
29-06-2009, 08:44 PM
http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/DSCF1715.JPG
http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/DSCF1716.JPG
http://www.michael.scott.btinternet.co.uk/DSCF1717.JPG
Running a LRP X11 7.5, Tekin RS Pro with hotwire, Spektrum RX and soon to be a Savox servo (if CML send it back) failing that a Sanwa ERG-WZ. I run both 3300 NIMHS (GP) and LIPOs. Rude Tony is hopefully doing a brass battery holder to bring the weight back.
Bought all the MIP option parts from the states recently. On the hunt for gear covers
B4 may get sold to fund my XXCR parts or something else.
Going to order a XXCR shell and get it sprayed up in Aston Martin Gulf Colours and black wheels. Just trying to find a Kinwald X-Celerator shell :(
Building another one at the mo and may make it the hydra drive car.
mikeyscott
02-08-2009, 02:35 PM
You still racing yours?
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.