View Full Version : losi shock shafts
N7ELA
18-06-2009, 07:08 PM
What length losi shock shafts should i be running in my x6 and whats a good starting point for pistons....???
0.6 and 0.9" if i remember correctly, red pistons all round 32.5 wt front and 25wt rear for me.
bigred5765
18-06-2009, 07:33 PM
""**
N7ELA
18-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Cheers guys....
N7ELA
18-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I can find a 0.9" shock body but no shock shafts. Only 0.6", 1.0" and 1.2"
The xxx cr uses a 1.2" shock body with a 1.0" shaft.....
steveproracing
18-06-2009, 08:22 PM
o.6 in the front with a 0.6 body
1.0 in the rear with a 1.0 body
this is what the xxxcr comes with as standard
the 1.2 bodies only come on trucks and the xx4
hope this helps
steve
steve is right 1.0 shaft 0.9body, sorry about the confusion:)
N7ELA
19-06-2009, 07:54 AM
Now i am confused. I Can only find a 0.9" body and a 1.0" shaft. Is this not right...???
_sleigh_
19-06-2009, 08:22 AM
You'll be needing...
Front
0.6" Body - A5054
0.6" Shaft - A5060
Rear
0.9" Body - A5055
1.0" Shaft - A5064
And as Lee mentioned earlier in the thread, you'll be best to start with RED pistons all round and 32.5wt up front and 27.5wt in the rear.
Hope this helps
N7ELA
19-06-2009, 01:57 PM
You'll be needing...
Front
0.6" Body - A5054
0.6" Shaft - A5060
Rear
0.9" Body - A5055
1.0" Shaft - A5064
And as Lee mentioned earlier in the thread, you'll be best to start with RED pistons all round and 32.5wt up front and 27.5wt in the rear.
Hope this helps
What springs are good to start with...???
Black and pink. It very rarely changes :)
YoungChazz
20-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Here in the U.S. we are finding that the X - 6 Squared is very much a set it and forget it car. Get it feeling right for you and you'll start with that everywhere.
Very small adjustments here and there for different tracks, lay-outs, and conditions, but basically the same.
N7ELA
03-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Are the red pistons pink in colour........??? mine are...
The back end feels very soft with losi shocks. Softer than any car ive ever ran. Got 25 weight oil in, Is this right....???
super__dan
06-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Hi,
yes pink = red.
I've had this discussion with Ellis, personally I think over the MANY years of losi shock production there is a tolerance on the anodising. I know that on the piston and bodies I have, comparred to the pistons and bodies Ellis has, I have to run 30wt oil for it to feel the same. It still feels quite soft but if I have 25wt it it's REALLY soft.
For me (not Ellis) I default to 30wt as a standard setup and 90% of the time, sometimes going to 27.5wt if it's bumpy.
N7ELA
06-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi,
yes pink = red.
I've had this discussion with Ellis, personally I think over the MANY years of losi shock production there is a tolerance on the anodising. I know that on the piston and bodies I have, comparred to the pistons and bodies Ellis has, I have to run 30wt oil for it to feel the same. It still feels quite soft but if I have 25wt it it's REALLY soft.
For me (not Ellis) I default to 30wt as a standard setup and 90% of the time, sometimes going to 27.5wt if it's bumpy.
Cheers, what oil do you put in the front then???
super__dan
07-07-2009, 06:20 AM
35wt standard, 32.5 occasionally or 30wt with stagger ribs (if I have a gun pointed at me)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.