PDA

View Full Version : Losi shocks rebuild


thom.p
24-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I've got a set of losi xxx-cr (I think) shocks from ebay and I want to rebuild them.

I can't find a rebuilt set like the associated shocks got so can anyone tell me what parts to get?

Also the 'gold' coating on the shockshafts is wearing. Any need to change them?

Thanks, Thom

peetbee
24-06-2009, 11:43 AM
To replace the o-rings get some nortech whities, they fit straight in and you should be able to reuse the cartridge. You shouldn't need new pistons but there is a vast choice from losi so check what setups are recommended for your car.
Personally if the gold has worn then yes I would be looking to replace them, but you may get away with it for a while. It can ultimately cause leaky shocks though.

bigred5765
24-06-2009, 11:45 AM
+ 2 for the nortech whites, last twice as long as original ones

c0sie
24-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Ive had the same whities in my Losi shocks for 11 months, never changed them, never needed to replace them, and never had a leaky shock. They are a must-have :)

Southwell
24-06-2009, 12:04 PM
You can buy the cartridges separately, or just o rings. I use standard Losi ones. The shafts coating does seem to wear fairly quickly , i wouldn't replace them until they dont feel smooth any more.

Paul Lomas
25-06-2009, 10:31 PM
When you do eventually replace the shock shafts, you can save a bit of money buying the MIP ones instead of Losi. :)

bigred5765
25-06-2009, 10:48 PM
cosie trust me if you have had them in that long the orings will have pinched on the shafts,its not all about them leaking you no mate,

Southwell
26-06-2009, 07:12 AM
When you do eventually replace the shock shafts, you can save a bit of money buying the MIP ones instead of Losi. :)

They are made from cheese.