PDA

View Full Version : Sc10/slash questions


DaveG28
27-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Possibly looking at one of these as bashers, and have a few questions:

1. Can you get cheap stick trannys that work with the receivers included (does sc10 include one?)

2. What's the best batterys for each?

3. Is the sc10 quick enough standard? Just asking as it comes with a 17t motor, whereas the slash has a larger 12turn.

4. How waterproof is the waterproof slash? Is it safe to run in the wet?

Just looking at "box stock". By the way, would an old tp3200 saddle (not the brca legal one so longer) fit in either?

Cheers!

DaveG28
28-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Anyone??

especially interested in knowing about stick transmitter compatibility and batterys that work in them?

AiR
29-06-2009, 11:52 AM
- There are RTR-versions of both of them now available, I believe they both have pistol-like radios.
- I run my Slash on cheap Hobbyking.com's Flightmax hardcase 4000mAh 25c LiPOs. (27$/each)
- Slash RTR has 12t brushed motor, which lasts something like 20 batteries. Then you have to replace it.
- Stock Slash is very waterproof. There are videos on youtube, where guy gets a new Slash from box and connects battery and throw it in to water bucket and it works after that. :)

Check out the manufacturer's website (AE & Traxxas) there is more info for your basic questions.

Here is my Slash-video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYGnU8aNI38
Be sure to check it out. :p

B44&501xRacerEX
29-06-2009, 04:19 PM
If your just gonna bash it then the slash wins.
I never even seen an SC10 run at the track yet,
people are more interested in the slash around here.
I guess because how durable they are.
Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvRGKSeNzA

mes
29-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I've got the SC10 and I'd recommend you the slash. On a high-grip surface, the SC10 is really good. On slippery tracks you've got to invest time and money to get it working properly.:yawn: