View Full Version : B44 setups
c0sie
29-06-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone know where I can get some up-to-date setups for the B44? Indoors and outdoor (grass/astro) please?
Thanks :)
Not sure about Team driver setups but heres my final setup from the National at Eden Park where I finished 2nd in the C Final
Front:
45wt oil
Number 1 Piston
Silver Spring
Inside on shock tower, outside on wishbone
Camber link
inside on Carbon top plate with 2 small spacers
outside on hub carrier
-1 degree camber
Rear:
30wt oil
Number 1 piston
Silver spring
inside on shock tower, inside on wishbone
Camber Link
inside on Carbon top plate with 2 small spacers
Middle on hub carrier
-1 degree camber
1 Anti squat washer
kit roll bar
Medium Wheel Base
Rude Bits Battery Tray
Ride height - Front just below levelwishbones level, rear a smidge lower than the front.
Steering and any other bits I have missed will be per the manual
Hope that helps.
Wraggy
29-06-2009, 05:56 PM
the team are pretty much running that but no2 piston in front shock and 40wt oil seems to be the order of the day currently
c0sie
30-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Cheers gents, thats a good help :)
millzy
30-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Chris I dont know if you are aware but this place called CML have a website with it all on.....might want to have a look- told they do some good cars too
c0sie
30-06-2009, 09:22 AM
CML do amazing cars ;) Team Associated cars are the greatest!
However, there are only 2 setup sheets on the site, hence me looking around this FINE forum for further information :) :)
millzy
30-06-2009, 09:25 AM
Yes there cakes are very good.
rep is a tit
Have a look here (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/SetupSheetsAssociatedRC10B44.html), there is more than two setups.
Both Jonathan and Pidge setups on, provide feedbck in case of bad transcript, cheers!
Hope that's help!
c0sie
01-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Arn0,
Thanks for the link, its a great help :)
Cris
zaquiz
01-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Lee or anyone else, which was the "team" setup for de B4 @ Eden? Around what weight were your running?
c0sie
01-07-2009, 01:16 PM
As far as I know......
Pidge's Reedy 4200's weigh about 270g (with wires), and his Rudebits brass weighs about 130g....so that area is about 400g.
There is so little difference between ESC's, motors and servos to make any significant difference so id aim for the back end of your car to have about 400g in weight around the cell area and then just stick your electrics in?
Thats what im doing...although im ever so slightly not as good as Pidge is :)
c0sie
01-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Also,
I noticed that all those setup sheets indicate running a diff up front, yet other posts ive seen on this forum say that people would never run fixed 4WD over a one-way due to handling?
Anyone? One-way or fixed for the UK (indoors and outdoors)
Belsten
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I always ran the diff, tried the one way a couple of times but didnt like it. Some people swear by them, others dont, I think its more of a personal preference thing although im prepared to be shot down :)
markwilliamson2001
01-07-2009, 04:28 PM
If you use a one-way, the NTC3 Heavy Duty one can be used. I think wezzer might have used a Yokomo one, and changed the bevel gear somehow. Best off checking with him Cris.
M.
Have a look here (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/associated/SetupSheetsAssociatedRC10B44.html), there is more than two setups.
Both Jonathan and Pidge setups on, provide feedbck in case of bad transcript, cheers!
Hope that's help!
well thats saved me a job of hand writing one out, thanks :D
No front roll bar though and the front diff would be slightly tighter than the rear. Will try and work out what the ride height settings were properly over the weekend seeing as it's all professionally done ;)
No front roll bar though and the front diff would be slightly tighter than the rear. Will try and work out what the ride height settings were properly over the weekend seeing as it's all professionally done ;)
Change done. Let me know about the ride height ;)
This thread worst to be or sticked or merged with this one (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049), no??
c0sie
04-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I think we should keep this thread for B44 setups as the other thread is mainly about the B4??
Thats if Jimmy dont mind?
Mike Hudson
04-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Maybe this could be made into a sticky setups just for the B44?
c0sie
07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Setup im currently using indoors (slippery polished concrete, carpet, rumbles).
Front:
Losi red pistons in Losi shocks
AE 40wt oil
Losi black springs (or blue if softer springs are needed)
Inner hole on tower
Outer hole on arm
Ackerman as kit
Camber link chassis and hub holes as per kit
Diff tightened till it will rotate but not slip
Rear:
Losi orange pistons in Losi shocks
AE 30wt oil
Losi pink springs
Inner hole on tower
Inner hole on arm
Camber link chassis and hub holes as per kit
Diff slightly looser than front
Antisquat as kit
2mm gurney
GTB with 6.5L, 18/78 (Settings per default, reverse off)
Ino-Lab servo
TrakPower 3200 LiPo's
Rudebits brass LiPo tray and straps
Schumacher yellow minipins with medium green inserts
Change done. Let me know about the ride height ;)
This thread worst to be or sticked or merged with this one (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1049), no??
22mm front and 20mm rear
22mm front and 20mm rear
Jonathan, i did upgrade your setup ;)
Cris, yours is online too.
Please, refer to message 8 to see both setups (http://www.oople.com/forums/showpost.php?p=259949&postcount=8)
Thanks and I hope that help you guys! :)
MHeadling
31-08-2009, 05:47 PM
I am looking for a set up for the B44 for polished wood floor, a guy at Faversham club runs blue front springs/green rears and a silver rear roll bar.
I was looking for any set up help with camber link position/spacing?
Shock set up ?
Any extra weight on the car? I am running the rude bits battery tray.
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:
c0sie
04-09-2009, 08:30 AM
Polished floor I swear by yellow mini spikes, green inserts.
Wes used to thrash a B44 on the polished floor at Ludlow..if he reads this he'll probably help no end :)
c0sie
04-09-2009, 08:30 AM
And whilst were at it....
Under what circumstances are people running the brass tray and straps sperately, and as a combo?
MHeadling
04-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Cosie, what springs/oils/camber link positions were you guys running on the polished floor?
alexb4
14-09-2009, 02:30 PM
Has anyone got a setup for the B44 for worksop as first time racing there and new car thanks Alex
michaelfox
27-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Setup im currently using indoors (slippery polished concrete, carpet, rumbles).
Front:
Losi red pistons in Losi shocks
AE 40wt oil
Losi black springs (or blue if softer springs are needed)
Inner hole on tower
Outer hole on arm
Ackerman as kit
Camber link chassis and hub holes as per kit
Diff tightened till it will rotate but not slip
Rear:
Losi orange pistons in Losi shocks
AE 30wt oil
Losi pink springs
Inner hole on tower
Inner hole on arm
Camber link chassis and hub holes as per kit
Diff slightly looser than front
Antisquat as kit
2mm gurney
GTB with 6.5L, 18/78 (Settings per default, reverse off)
Ino-Lab servo
TrakPower 3200 LiPo's
Rudebits brass LiPo tray and straps
Schumacher yellow minipins with medium green inserts
hey can you tell what losi shocks you use?
and are they worth the upgrade?
stock towers or these ones?
http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_info.php?products_id=7652
markwilliamson2001
19-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Here's my Final setup from Caldicot Indoors Christmas Bash 2010...
B44 Caldicot Setup (http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/LFP7yk5HiubP1A_-Ky07tQ?feat=directlink)
Just to confirm, I ran the rudebits lipo tray, but not the straps. Depending on the weight of your lipo's, I would run about 100-150 grams extra around the rear end/lipo cells. My lipo cells are very light (230g without wires), so would really like to have run both Rudebits tray AND straps, but didn't have any straps for today. Car was more 'steery' as the grip came up in the last two qualifiers. If your running the reedy lipos, just run the tray, and see how it goes.
My car is also almost a B44.1, bar new chassis layout, and shock bodies!
Hope this helps anyone.
supersonic
22-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm just getting my B44.1 ready for indoor carpet track.
What springs do you guys use? How many shock limiters inside the shocks?
What is a good starting point?
nic
Bradders
18-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Here's my final setup from the weekend.....
RoyalCBR
27-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Can anyone lend me some advice on setting my B44, more from the motor, gearing side of things?
Currently I have an LRP 10.5t motor and ESC, but not sure what is best in terms of gearing - will be running Lipos
Cheers, Mark
markwilliamson2001
27-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Indoors or outside? Tight or open track? If indoors, I would start around 24 tooth pinion. Outside the 10.5 will be slow, I would at least get a 7.5 motor, on a 22/23 tooth pinion.
Hope this helps!
RoyalCBR
27-04-2011, 07:24 PM
At the moment indoors, with various different surface types - but I think the summer season is coming, so might be racing outdoors on Astro turf - cheers for the tip though.
Whiskers
07-06-2011, 05:20 PM
What brand shock oils are people using on their setup sheets?
Rob_B
07-06-2011, 05:37 PM
What brand shock oils are people using on their setup sheets?
I would say associated.
gainsy
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Looking for a set up for Stotfold please guys for a B44
Cheers
Gainsy
Whiskers
08-06-2011, 08:08 AM
I would say associated.
Does anybody have a AE to Losi oil chart?
MiCk B.
08-06-2011, 09:09 AM
Here's one (http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/OilChart.pdf).
MiCk B. :-)
Whiskers
08-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Here's one (http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/OilChart.pdf).
MiCk B. :-)
Thanks :thumbsup:
oli4ke
18-06-2011, 08:49 AM
Hi,
I have a questions concerning a brushless engine, esc and servo for my new B44.1
What is is the best buy / combo lately?
BTW: Do you guys use saddle packs for the B44 (.1)?
Any advise / experience is highly appreciated!
Cheers
gainsy
18-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Only saddle packs fit in the b44/.1
Personally i use a Novak gtb & a orion 5.5t which is ballistic & fits in nicely, got them off this site for less than a ton :)
Im sure the more experienced guys on here would be able to offer better advice but thought i would say about the lipo's anyway
Hope you enjoy the car, i love mine :))
Ckapp
16-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi anyone got a set-up for kiddy?? :thumbsup:
Gaz_Stanton
16-09-2011, 04:12 PM
Hi anyone got a set-up for kiddy?? :thumbsup:
Good place to start :thumbsup:
http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/product/AS9061/setups/B44.1-Bradders-2011-BRCA-RHR.pdf
uijui
07-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Hello,
Setup for carpet? With mini spikes...which inserts?
Thanks
evertonal
19-01-2012, 07:09 PM
Does anyone run the blue springs on the front of their B44.1? I have tried to use Tom Yardy's set up where he uses the blue front springs, but I have found that the car sits too high at the front, but when I put the silver springs back on, the ride height goes back to approx. 20mm. Has anyone tried cutting a coil off the blue springs? Any help would be appreciated.
Does anyone run the blue springs on the front of their B44.1? I have tried to use Tom Yardy's set up where he uses the blue front springs, but I have found that the car sits too high at the front, but when I put the silver springs back on, the ride height goes back to approx. 20mm. Has anyone tried cutting a coil off the blue springs? Any help would be appreciated.
I haven't tried it, but have you tried using a standard spring cup i.e. off a B4, rather than the offset spring cup that is standard?
evertonal
19-01-2012, 08:12 PM
No, but I will try the std spring cups.
MiCk B.
20-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Yep,
Try the standard spring cups. I've run blue springs on the front of the B44, but can't remember what spring cups I used.
(If you cut the spring you will make it stiffer.)
MiCk B. :-)
gazhillAE
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Does anyone run the blue springs on the front of their B44.1? I have tried to use Tom Yardy's set up where he uses the blue front springs, but I have found that the car sits too high at the front, but when I put the silver springs back on, the ride height goes back to approx. 20mm. Has anyone tried cutting a coil off the blue springs? Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried winding the collars up higher!
Think you will find that's spot on!
Failing that use kyosho yellow or silver front springs more consistent!
Adam Talbot
30-04-2012, 06:15 PM
this info is great but could someone post some latest set ups for astro please as i've just got mine!
Has anyone experimented with a 1way or Spool for Carpet?
MOmo
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.