PDA

View Full Version : rear hubs....


Garry Spice
02-07-2009, 07:16 AM
i know the ray speed hubs are the favoured item.and i know the world is outta
stock but ive found (after someone told me) that racers edge rear hubs are the same part.is anyone using them?????

elvo
02-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Rest assured: yes.

Lee
02-07-2009, 10:13 AM
Or a cheap alternative may be to use a xxx cr rear hub ;)

jono83
02-07-2009, 10:23 AM
i have the racers edge hubs and they are spot on. Lee do the cr hubs fit straight on? or will they need modifying?

Garry Spice
02-07-2009, 07:51 PM
silly question....i think i know the answer already but is there a uk stockist for these???

Darren Boyle
02-07-2009, 10:59 PM
silly question....i think i know the answer already but is there a uk stockist for these???
Not that I know of..........yet

Garry Spice
03-07-2009, 05:56 AM
Not that I know of..........yet
is it worth waiting then darren????

Lee
03-07-2009, 06:34 AM
i have the racers edge hubs and they are spot on. Lee do the cr hubs fit straight on? or will they need modifying?

You will need to take off the inside edge to allow the shock to compress, but you have to do this on the rayspeed hubs anyway. I think other than that they should just slot straight on.:)

jono83
03-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Yeah on my alloy hubs when using hole "A" the hub needs to be filed otherwise it jus pops the turnbuckle off the ball stud.

grelland
03-07-2009, 10:33 AM
silly question: What's the problem with the B4 hubs?

Lee
03-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Nothing at all but sometimes people like to be able to alter the height of the stud, those with the rayspeed hubs without having them machined down are actually altering nothing at all from the std ball stud position.

ben
03-07-2009, 03:52 PM
Bit easier to dremmel the CR ones then? ;)

millzy
03-07-2009, 03:57 PM
are the bearings for the b4 the same as the losi hubs??

super__dan
06-07-2009, 07:03 PM
are the bearings for the b4 the same as the losi hubs??

Yes.

CR hubs are longer than B4 ones so I think you lose the ability to change wheelbase. Tom will know as he runs CR ones.

I runs std ones, with the E speed hangers and the outer hub holes, the back is so locked in I rarely change much at the back and alter the front for balance if you see what I mean.

joelwhite
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM
Yeah on my alloy hubs when using hole "A" the hub needs to be filed otherwise it jus pops the turnbuckle off the ball stud.

Gotta be careful when talking about putting studs in "A" holes.
Im sorry I'm such a juvenile.

elvo
06-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Yes.

CR hubs are longer than B4 ones so I think you lose the ability to change wheelbase. .

Not entirely. Just 1 washer instead of the usual 2.

B&H Racing
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Just about to order some Racers Edge rear hubs.

They do 1 Degree or 1/2 Degree

What do people tend to run on an X6 ???

Many Thanks

super__dan
07-08-2009, 11:59 AM
They also do 0 deg I think, which is what you want really.

_sleigh_
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
The answer to that is 0deg, but I'm not sure how available those are.

I did hear Darren (DMS) mention he might have some Yokomo rear hubs which are almost identical to the Racers Edge/Rayspeed version, but they come in 0deg.

Hope that helps

_sleigh_
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Super__Dan is so Super__Fast :lol:

B&H Racing
07-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Super fast answers, cheers guys :woot:

MHeadling
07-08-2009, 12:34 PM
I was in DMS 2 weeks back and he had plenty there, I run Ray Speed ones and they are :thumbsup:, the Yokomo ones are the same I think but they may take a bigger outside bearing like the B44 but I may be wrong, ring Darren and he will let you know, they are about £32 but very bling!!!

stegger
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Not sure if they Yokomo do a 0deg but the Yokomo ones i had were the 1deg ones with the larger outside bearing.