PDA

View Full Version : xp to vista for free its easy


hammerhead
06-07-2009, 09:45 PM
this is so cool it worked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCHGmnIzBkk:drool:

Big G
06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
doesn't work on my mac :cry:

hammerhead
06-07-2009, 10:24 PM
did you actualy watch the video?

Ben Turner
06-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Im glad im not one of them losers that actually went out and bought vista lol, works like a charm!

Col
07-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I have vista. It's shit.

DCM
07-07-2009, 06:48 PM
find Vista far more stable for day to day use, XP was good, but fragile when it came to drivers...

Gibsy
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I have vista. It's shit.

Yeah i agree :mad:

JJ The Boat Wizzard
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
find Vista far more stable for day to day use, XP was good, but fragile when it came to drivers...

Totaly agree , howver vista also has a better feel to use , it just takes some getting used to i did some of the original puplic beta testing for vista and it was UTTERLY SHI*

i stayed with XP for nearly 2years after vista had come out , probobley will do the same with Window 7 , let them patch it up and then i'll download **cough** i mean buy it

John

DCM
07-07-2009, 07:09 PM
best thing they did with Vista, is made the OEM versions accesible to home builders, so it was less tempting to download.

Ben Turner
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
i stayed with XP for nearly 2years after vista had come out , probobley will do the same with Window 7 , let them patch it up and then i'll download **cough** i mean buy it

John

Imagine how much money Bill Gates would have if everyone actually bought windows lol!

purpletimbo
07-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Windows 7 general release means the end of Vista before the year's out anyway, apart from recognizing more than 4Gb of Ram never seen the point to it

kwik
07-07-2009, 08:03 PM
i just use ubuntu... beats them all lol

JJ The Boat Wizzard
07-07-2009, 08:29 PM
i just use ubuntu... beats them all lol

Dont even get me started with ubuntu , WE WILL be hear all night :D , its got its ups n downs;)

markwilliamson2001
07-07-2009, 08:42 PM
UPS - Free
DOWNS - Never actually in a stable release long enough, before they update it again. Also, Linux nerds are hard to find, especially on the internet along with the knowledge they bring. Its getting better tho. I tried Debian using the GUI the other day, and was suitably impressed. Linux will eventually beat Windows to a pulp I reckon.

rowanp25
07-07-2009, 09:16 PM
ive recently moved from ubuntu on my main rig to open suse with the KDE gui! i must say its been very stable and looks nice to boot. also for the fact "most" linux distros are open source they are very appealing to the less spend happy among us:p plus you can try more than one flavour before settling.

Big G
07-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Windows 7 general release means the end of Vista before the year's out anyway, apart from recognizing more than 4Gb of Ram never seen the point to it

64bit Vista and XP see more than 4gb. I've got 64bit XP on my PC although I rarely use it now I have my macbook

Windows 7 is built on vista is built on old technology so I'm not sure why they handicapped themselves from the start

Snow Leopard will be out soon too which should be good.

DCM
07-07-2009, 10:39 PM
problem with Windows, it is suppose to work on 99.9% of machines, thats a tall order.

Linux derivatives, yes, they are fast, light, but as soon as you need to use most apps, you got to work at it, does it work with your desktop, your kernel.... etc, the best thing about Linux, being open source and free, is it's downfall too, far to many options and choices to use.

I bought a netbook, as my laptop was to slow, I was going to go to Ubuntu, or similar, as most stuff I needed, I could get, but I have one peice of software, runs on .Net Framework, screwed...

colmo
07-07-2009, 11:15 PM
UPS - Free
Also, Linux nerds are hard to find, especially on the internet along with the knowledge they bring. Its getting better tho.

Eh? I'll have you know us nerds consider the Internet as our turf...you mustn't be looking in the right places...

I tried Debian using the GUI the other day, and was suitably impressed. Linux will eventually beat Windows to a pulp I reckon.

As far as I'm concerned, it already does.

I use OpenSuse, for the record.

rowanp25
08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
there seems enough ppl using different flavours of linux on oople so theres your tech support right there:p theres me n col on open suse. kwik on ubuntu. glypo on fedora n cent os (i think) so thers your biggest windows beaters right there:D

Southwell
08-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Kids, i use 3.1.

DCM
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Windows 3.1, thats old skool!!!

rowanp25
08-07-2009, 11:18 AM
my spare computer uses a hammer n chisel! you have to chisel your words onto the stone screen. it comes with hole (windows werent invented then) 0.1 n never crashes! now thats old school:p

purpletimbo
08-07-2009, 03:27 PM
If you lose your install of 3.1 I have a genuine set of install discs still microsoft sealed, that would be 12 floppies:drool: