PDA

View Full Version : Live For Speed racers?


jimmy
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Does anyone on oople play Live For Speed? been playing the demo for a little while and now bought our s2 licences and racing online at work. I've played a few games / sims but LFS seems to be the best / most realistic racer.
Anyone?!

Chris Doughty
09-07-2009, 11:38 AM
not played it for a little while, but I was quite an active LFS S2 racer back in the day.

I agree, it is pretty great online racing! :woot:

I have started using an xbox wired controller and have it setup similar to a stick radio, its ace!

Southwell
09-07-2009, 11:39 AM
I have an S2 licence although ive not played it for a while. It's ace!

DCM
09-07-2009, 11:47 AM
I used to play, but then it seemed to be invaded by arses who hit you off, or went the wrong way, so stopped.

jimmy
09-07-2009, 12:32 PM
If you play on a proper server you don't get any of that - because those people get kicked. Just got to knock out a few team17 skins for the various cars now.:lol:

Hog
09-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah I play a bit - but mainly in the banger servers where contact isn't just allowed - it's encouraged!

But I do venture onto the circuits for some single seater racing now and again. I use a Logitech Wingman rumblepad and like Doughty it's set up the same as my KO tranny.

DCM
09-07-2009, 01:59 PM
If you play on a proper server you don't get any of that - because those people get kicked. Just got to knock out a few team17 skins for the various cars now.:lol:

well, with the summer hols, only around the corner, think I may just have to dig out the wheel and pedals then, lol.

Whats the pad your on about, that you can setup like a stick transmitter?

Conrad
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
I have started using an xbox wired controller and have it setup similar to a stick radio, its ace!

I used that setup with a dual analog controller for a while, works really well. Certainly teaches you the meaning of a gentle touch ;) Using a cheap wheel and pedals now and its alot better although it took a while to get to the same lap times i was making with the dual analog.

I still play it from time to time, usually racing xfg's, fzr's or something different. The lx4/6 are good fun, so is the mini but there isnt many people racing them. I use the same handle as on here <-- when i'm racing.

jimmy
09-07-2009, 04:27 PM
We've got the cheap logitech force feedback wheels and pedals - much better than the xbox pads we were using when we started racing. I'm oople and my workchum is beddall.

I've raced the LX4 a lot on the rally tracks - it's awesome fun but I don't think I've seen anyone online racing it, it's proper sideways all the way.

Rich D
09-07-2009, 04:32 PM
I used to race too - Full Logitech G25 wheel/pedal set. Mainly the F3 series i raced in. :woot:

P_B
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
Used to play quite a bit of this back when I had 'spare time', mainly RB4 and FXO's round South City. Still have an offline blat on a dual analog pad now and again but the wheel (which I made far better times with) went off to pastures new a long time ago :cry:

mole2k
09-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Im s2 licensed although I never really play it, much more of a rally fan so I play RBR online for the most part at racedepartment.com which is great fun.

If anybody was up for a few races/arsing about I would be up for it. We used to have a load of fun just arsing about in it. Get about 8 people on the carpark 7 in normal cars and one in a mini with the suspension jacked way up and really soft and springy then the other cars have to tag the mini and cause it to land on the roof :D Then they switch to the mini and so on.

Chris Doughty
10-07-2009, 09:50 AM
we should setup an online server for a bit of an oople arse about one evening.

any car that is not FWD is good with me! :woot:

Southwell
10-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Im up for that. I might try from work as the firewall has been partially opened. :lol: I think a 100/100mb connection should cope.

Southwell
10-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Just tried, can't connect to the master server.

PaulRotheram
11-07-2009, 03:26 PM
i'm licenced, and have my logo wheel+peds ready.. give me a shout when everyone is going for a play and ill come along :)

cjm_2008
12-07-2009, 09:06 AM
i get on LFS quite a bit, on the fox servers (there are 2 german ones with awesome admin & policing of wreckers).

it's tremendously handy for training the brain to race in real life - I recently discovered that the 'wraparound' perspective used is perfect for tracking the vanishing point, and looking for gaps during starts and overtaking. I have been thinking about getting a g25, but I don't get the chance to race more than once or twice a month.

brilliant game. If someone could come up with a seat that can transmit the simulated inertia to your buttcheeks, it'd be immense.

cjm_2008
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
I still play it from time to time, usually racing xfg's, fzr's or something different. The lx4/6 are good fun, so is the mini but there isnt many people racing them. I use the same handle as on here <-- when i'm racing.

i've spent many evenings in the past on some of the dedicated UF1 servers - 30 minis tanking round, hilarious fun!

ashleyb4
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
My wheel is setup infront of me all the time and try to go on everyday. Cars i love.... XFG FXO RB4 FXR.

Let me know when and where and ill be there.

A

ashleyb4
12-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Jimmy make us a oople skin i put a oople logo on one of my skins once but nothing full on oople.

A

poopers
12-07-2009, 03:30 PM
I used to be on the public cruise servers (wsc) and bangers regularly, but then moved over to rfactor. Would be great to have a LFS meet sometime, everyone pile into UF1s :woot::D.

Brad
12-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm downloading the demo aftere seeing some videos on youtube :) Can you go online on the demo?

ashleyb4
12-07-2009, 03:47 PM
Yea you can race online with the demo but you only get a choice of 3 cars, One racing track one rally track and a car park.

A

Brad
12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Ok thanks, playing it now. Its alrite

ryan_93
13-07-2009, 04:38 PM
i have just downloaded the game and went to install it, as i click extract i receive an error message, any idea's?

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo146/ryan_93_2008/untitled-2.jpg

ryan_93
14-07-2009, 06:36 PM
any idea's?

Brad
15-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Not sure Ryan, when you get it i will play with you though ^^ Don't like playing with random people all the time lol.