View Full Version : X5
Hi all
I have an old xx4 and I'm looking to convert it to an X5 but only if I can use my Lipos that I have. Is there a proper lipo strap yet or do we have to make our own? I'm not great at making things so I only want to spend my money if it can be done without me fabricating something.
Thanks
jayst
12-07-2009, 12:36 PM
dms do a stick pack carbon battery retainer for the x5
Steve.T
12-07-2009, 02:12 PM
If you have the lipo on one side does'nt that upset the weight distribution?
usafaircrew
12-07-2009, 05:48 PM
The speedo, motor and receiver offset the weight of the Lipo. I kept my receiver up front and installed my GTB behind the motor where the 2 batteries used to go. The balance is very close.
Darren Boyle
12-07-2009, 09:56 PM
Yep, part number DMS146 is the Carbon LIPO stick battery strap we make for the X5 Squared, price is £23.99. (Will be online on both the X-Factory UK and DMS websites shortly but is already available for purchase)
usafaircrew
12-07-2009, 11:16 PM
That DMS Lipo strap looks and works great.:D
Darren Boyle
13-07-2009, 10:24 AM
You will have to check out the "Carbon centre transmission cover brace" that we have done too, that is prttty trick as well (stops flex of the top cover, when you run a high tensioned belt)
super__dan
13-07-2009, 05:00 PM
The left right balance I have with pretty big lipos is actually closer left to right than when I ran cells!
I have the DMS batter strap, works perfectly.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.