PDA

View Full Version : silver carbon?


dancoog
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I've heard a tale of a silver version.. but never seen any pics...
Can anyone confirm this?

jcb
11-03-2007, 11:49 AM
News to me, though I suspect it is more than possible to have a silver carbon S4.

mobilow
11-03-2007, 12:29 PM
Hi just search texalium in google or elswhere, but it is a Glass fibre not carbon, In germany there are textiles and plates available. but it looks really nice...

RLGfx
14-03-2007, 09:56 AM
silver surface carbon is available, but i don't know where from

Yokomo did a touring car made from it, the SD SSG (silver surface graphite) which i think may still be listed.

To be honest it looks great when it's new, but looks tatty and dirty really quickly.

Elliott Hopkins
14-03-2007, 10:15 AM
3 Racing use it for their carbon Dark Impact chassis. I don't like it personally.

Elliott.

jimmy
14-03-2007, 10:21 AM
First time I saw it on the Yokomo cars - I thought WOW! now I think it looks tacky. I am similarly dislike the diagonal carbon fibre you see. I like this normal interwoven stuff.

OldTimer
14-03-2007, 12:41 PM
If i could find a source for the coloured carbon it would not be a problem to get some parts made up, but as of yet i have not found anybody.

And there is no silver version of the S4.

mobilow
14-03-2007, 08:56 PM
just have a look on www.r-g.de ( also in english ) they offering thexalium fibres and they also have black and red or yellow colored carbon fibres in mixture with carbon fibres.

Funkymojo
30-03-2007, 09:23 PM
Well, when i first saw the Yokomo SSG i went wow too..but like Jimmy said after awhile..it looks really tacky..a couple of my mates have the SSG Yoks...it looks really dirty and tatty after a couple of runs...the carbon fibre on the S4 looks great...nice woven pattern and it looks great in black...no silver carbon fibre please!!! :wtf:

wrighty
14-04-2007, 04:56 PM
fibre-lyte used to do coloured carbon i had purple shock towers on my cat2000 this was about a million years ago

RLGfx
14-04-2007, 05:23 PM
yeah, they (fibre lyte) did a range of colours, i think there was green, blue, red and purple. However, it was while the dinosaurs were racing too...