PDA

View Full Version : x-6 brass ballast set


dave-p
28-07-2009, 06:44 PM
took a piccy of this at m.c.r. in chesterfield today , looks spot on and blingy, pat at m.c.r. reckons the whole 9 piece set is less than 40 quid, you just need to drill tap and buff it up yourself.

YoungChazz
28-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Will it go anyplace without a front suspension?

c0sie
28-07-2009, 07:10 PM
Isnt that the Rudebits brass?

jono83
28-07-2009, 07:14 PM
That's what I thought.

sime46
28-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Its not the rude bits stuff boys. I've picked a set up from Pat today to try. Very good fit in the chassis. Very impressed. I'll be drilling and tapping in the morning. Just need to weigh each peice so as to get it in the right places. Much neater(and nicer) than the lead I've been using. Great price too!

sime46
28-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Will it go anyplace without a front suspension?
If you look closely at the photo you'll notice the front of that chassis met its end very suddenly and painfully! Concrete always wins in a fight I think. Lol.

dave-p
28-07-2009, 07:35 PM
the chassis lost its nose in a fight with a container door at batley a few weeks ago. not recomended.

deepdale11
28-07-2009, 07:44 PM
sorry to be thick but what does tapping mean?? will this also fit the non sq x6??

ben
28-07-2009, 07:48 PM
sorry to be thick but what does tapping mean?? will this also fit the non sq x6??

Tapping is when you cut a thread into a hole.

deepdale11
28-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I see....thanks, do you know if this fits a non sq x6??

ben
28-07-2009, 08:04 PM
I see....thanks, do you know if this fits a non sq x6??

Erm i would assume so. The layout of the squared chassis isnt much different in the middle it's just the quality of the moulding and it's now one piece. So i would say yes it should fit.

Ben

jono83
28-07-2009, 08:08 PM
i would like to know this also but looking at the pics i dont think it will as the rear pods are a different shape on the sqd to the non squared. and there is not as much room behind the servo.

Darren Boyle
28-07-2009, 10:33 PM
The set in that picture will NOT fit an original X6

jono83
28-07-2009, 11:22 PM
The set in that picture will NOT fit an original X6

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming darren.